PDA

View Full Version : Question on Turnigy ESC

Visual Perfection
06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
I have a cheap boat that I use to cruise the ponds and alongside the full size boat while going down the canals etc.. It is also great for my G/F and Dad to use and learn on and they love it. It has a 550 titan marine motor in it and a crappy stock ESC (unknown specs)

Anyways to my question...

I upgraded the motor to the current one and The stock ESC in the boat gets even hotter than it used to (still got way too hot stock) even after I water cooled it..I decided to get something a LITTLE better in hopes I dont have to worry about failure...wanted the cheapest thing I could find that would support the little power I put through it..

The stock esc has both forward and reverse.

I bought a new turnigy 20amp brushed esc from a guy on ebay...and AFTER i bought it the guy told me it is for airplanes only and has no reverse...

My question...will this esc work in my boat, or should I just re-sell it and look for something else?

Any info, help would be great

Thankyou!

Visual Perfection
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone? I really don't want to open it if it isnt going to work in my setup...that way I can still sell it as New in the package

Simon.O.
06-18-2010, 04:40 AM
If you are told that it has no reverse then it is deffo a plane esc. I have been and done the same thing before so do not feel to bad.

Flick it back on the bay and buy a usefull brushed esc.
Have a look at something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marine-50A-Waterproof-Speed-Controller-ESC-RC-Boat-/150427192105?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230628cb29

I have one in my Rescue boat with twin 550's on 2S2P lipo and it is fine, just sort an after market lvc if running lipos.

Visual Perfection
06-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Well crap I knew I shouldn't have put in that stupid impulse bid at the last minute haha

After it ended and he told me it was a plane ESC I was hoping it would still work but I guess I will just re-sell it and learn from my mistake..