PDA

View Full Version : NAMBA 8 Racing June 26-27

Eric Bourlet
06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
NAMBA 8 District race at Waughop June 26-27. We run Nitro classes both days and P Spec Tunnel, P-Spec Hydro on Saturday. You can throw any hydro in on Sunday in "Open Hydro". To register check out www.namba8.com (http://www.namba8.com)

Darin Jordan
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
NAMBA 8 District race at Waughop June 26-27. We run Nitro classes both days and P Spec Tunnel, P-Spec Hydro on Saturday. You can throw any hydro in on Sunday in "Open Hydro". To register check out www.namba8.com (http://www.namba8.com)

Will be there Saturday for sure... hopefully will have a Tunnel ready to race by then. Hydro is all ready to go, complete with some improvements over the last time out. Time to try to compete with that thing for a change.

Am going to try to have the new Gas Mono ready for Sunday as well, but we'll see what kind of time I have between now and then.

tharmer
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Do you mix nitro, gas, and electric in Open Hydro?

Darin Jordan
06-15-2010, 12:11 PM

Yes! In fact... Eric won a heat of Open Hydro with his P-Spec Hydro at the last race in a head-to-head race with a very fast Gas Hydro... Was pretty fun to watch, though I couldn't help thinking that his little wooden rigger was right on the verge of being made into toothpicks each time they entered a turn together...:popcorn2:

raptor347
06-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Terry,
Any NAMBA legal hydroplane can run. Your 1/7 scale is actually a legal S Sport Hydro. The only problem is it turns the wrong direction.

raptor347
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Was pretty fun to watch, though I couldn't help thinking that his little wooden rigger was right on the verge of being made into toothpicks each time they entered a turn together...:popcorn2:

Eric had nothing to worry about. That gas rigger only eats monos. :doh:

Darin Jordan
06-15-2010, 12:41 PM

You going to have your Gas Hydro back in time for this race?? Maybe I'll have to think twice about bringing out the new mono... :rofl:

KIDDING! You couldn't have taken the old one out if I wouldn't have been stalled on the course... We'll try to keep it running this time around.

Eric Bourlet
06-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Whew!

tharmer
06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Well, Darin I'll just flip the reverse switch on the throttle, hold the transmitter upside down and backwards and go for it!

NOT!

I guess I could re-rig it to turn right. Sure would feel funny though.

-t