PDA

View Full Version : More Junk?

LarrysDrifter
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe its just me,but the Turnigy 120 marine esc looks exactly the same as the stock EKOS esc with a different sticker.I bought a venom 120amp esc and motor combo for an off road truck and it was garbage.Found the same exact thing on Hobbyking just a different color.I know alot of things are made in the same place and then labeled different,but wouldnt the Turnigys be junk like the EKOS esc?They have to be the same.Glad I didnt order 2 for my EKOS.Id have the same headache.

vasy
06-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe its just me,but the Turnigy 120 marine esc looks exactly the same as the stock EKOS esc with a different sticker.I bought a venom 120amp esc and motor combo for an off road truck and it was garbage.Found the same exact thing on Hobbyking just a different color.I know alot of things are made in the same place and then labeled different,but wouldnt the Turnigys be junk like the EKOS esc?They have to be the same.Glad I didnt order 2 for my EKOS.Id have the same headache.

Turnigy 120 marine esc if I'm not wrong are same as hobbywing SeaKing line.
They seem to be the best Asian brand ESC available. I have 2 ATM and have a 3rd on the way. They are so much better then the stock ESC you often get with many OEM supplies.

Try using Turnigy/Hobbywing programming module and see if it can read that ESC, you will know it is is just similar shrink wrap or also electronics under it.