PDA

View Full Version : Would you reccomend this boat?

Visual Perfection
06-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey guys,

EDIT;

Just found out I am getting a Formula Fastech from my other half for my B-day...so a few questions on the boat so I can have an idea of what to expect:

2.) what kind of speeds should I realistically expect on NiMh Batteries STOCK out of the box? How about with an upgraded Prop?

4.) Tthe stock ESC handles dual 2s lipos...what kind of speeds should I expect out of these over NiMH packs?

5.) How stable is this boat at speeds of 40+mph (if it is even capable of that).. I see there may be some things that can be done to tweak it's handling

7.) Is the boat fairly watertight or does it require a lot of adjustments to keep water out? (My shockwave never has water in it but also has a lid that seals it)

8.) Anything bad, or weak about the boat I should know about or should think about upgrading right away

Thanks for any comments and insight guys!

Brushless55
06-14-2010, 06:39 PM
dude you have this question on several sites and to many threads
keep it simple! :doh:

Visual Perfection
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Dude is this question the same as my other ones? No

I want current owners to answer some questions for me so I know what to expect...my ONE other thread on this site was doing a comparison between two boats..and on the other site I asked a question on the stability on another boat in an already existing thread...

Thanks anyways....

Brushless55
06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Dude is this question the same as my other ones? No

I want current owners to answer some questions for me so I know what to expect...my ONE other thread on this site was doing a comparison between two boats..and on the other site I asked a question on the stability on another boat in an already existing thread...

Thanks anyways....

and on other sites to :doh:

Visual Perfection
06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
what other site? I asked a question in the Titan thread on RCU and had the one thread not related to this on this site.. I dont see why me trying to find out some info on this boat.

I honestly dont think I have asked any questions about this boat...my other questions are asking more about the Titan..

Brushless55
06-14-2010, 07:55 PM
:doh:
it's ok get over it
you knew you would get the Fastech and you did

bigwaveohs
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey guys,

EDIT;

Just found out I am getting this boat from my better half for my B-day...so a few questions on the boat so I can have an idea of what to expect:

2.) what kind of speeds should I realistically expect on NiMh Batteries STOCK out of the box? How about with an upgraded Prop?

4.) Tthe stock ESC handles dual 2s lipos...what kind of speeds should I expect out of these over NiMH packs?

5.) How stable is this boat at speeds of 40+mph (if it is even capable of that).. I see there may be some things that can be done to tweak it's handling

7.) Is the boat fairly watertight or does it require a lot of adjustments to keep water out? (My shockwave never has water in it but also has a lid that seals it)

8.) Anything bad, or weak about the boat I should know about or should think about upgrading right away

Thanks for any comments and insight guys!

And the boat is a ?????

Brushless55
06-14-2010, 08:17 PM
And the boat is a ?????

Fastech..
Fastech forum.. :bounce:

Visual Perfection
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
lol thanks for clarifying that...must not have looked at where he was

BHChieftain
06-15-2010, 12:00 AM
There are only 3 pages of posts in this sub-forum, so I'd just wade through them, you'll get a lot of good tips!

Chief

JEDNJONES
06-23-2010, 05:08 AM
HI,
I have had my fastech for several months now and I love it. I run two reedy 35C/5000mah lipos and an Octura X642 B/S prop and have the boat trimmed so only a little bit of the hull is in the water. Id say it runs a solid 40mph. I honestly would not want to run any faster because even at these speeds it gets airborn and flips sometimes. I almost lost it a couple days ago for the first time it landed upside down and filled up with water. It usually stays pretty dry and most of the time it lands right side up when it flips. Dont get me wrong, She is a very stable boat, I just dont think this hull is very happy at speeds higher than 40. Maybe its going faster I dont know for sure. I need a radar gun and dont want my GPS at the bottom of the lake.
Jerry

Visual Perfection
06-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. My G/F bought one from OSE a couple weeks ago to give me for my B-day in July, so I look forward to running it!

And I think 40mph will probably be plenty fast with this boat as well...heck 29mph in my shockwave 26 seems fast lol.

There are always other boats to add to the collection if I need more speed than that, haha

JEDNJONES
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I think youll be happy with the speed once you get it trimmed up and out and get that X642 and run the timing on high. Everyone that sees it run is in awe at how fast it is!
I did put that new venom brushless Fountain on backorder, thats more of a racing hull and I love Fountains. So well see what that one does whenever it gets here.
Jerry