PDA

View Full Version : Won't get on plane

Daveo
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
I can't seem to get my SV to get on plane. The back end seems to go down and the nose is up high, but it won't do anything but go slow. I am using GP3300 cells that are brand new and fully charged. I have tried adding some negative (I think that is right) to the strut, but it is very hard to adjust and I couldn't get it to angle much. It did not help. I am afraid to adjust the trim tabs because i don't want to break the hull. Boy are those thing hard to bend. So I am at a loss as to what else to do.

Thanks

daveO

wickedgmc
10-09-2007, 02:03 PM
not sure how new your batteries are as I have not seen 3300's for sale in a long time, but I could be wrong.

As far as the trim tabs, remove them from the boat then bend them down a bit, not too much though as the boat will run wet. When I started with my boat I set the tabs so they were a little under the bottom of the boat.

Hope this helps, the other thing you may want to do until you get it to plane on itself is give it a toss into the water while you are pulling the trigger

kck741
10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Daveo-had the same problem,It runs slow and wont plane out,I think its the radio switched mine and now it runs fine are you using the stock Am radio.

ice329
10-09-2007, 02:13 PM
If your useing the stock prop and the strut is positive you will have a heck of a time trying to get it plane. I would say 3 things. 1, Just get a CF45 prop from OSE there cheap and he will have it at your door in 2 days. 2, If you have to use the stock prop be sure of the angle of the strut it needs to even or neg. If you use the CF45 it wont matter, it will jump out the water. 3, Get a good set of
IB3600 packs built flat, Battlepack builds them custom for the SV, you cant go wrong. G/L

One more thing, with the batterys unplugged and the radio off turn the throtal trim adjustment all the way counter clockwise, turn on the radio, then plug the batterys to the boat. one beep.. pull trigger 5 beeps then turn the thotal adjustment up till the motor starts to run then back it off a little. G/L

mr.mauian
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
You can also pull the strut down a bit negative. Also make sure the rudder is straight up and down or also a little negative. Doing this will also help and it will keepyour boat level and not hopping. I use a x440 and a x442 prop. Keep your batts near middle of your boat, knock off that front battery holder peice off so you can move them front to back. Always keep in mind your CG. I run my nimh batts with the back of packs near motor coupling and the front pass the motor. My lipo's go even further forward, of course more velcro is going to be needed.......just my thought...good luck.

mike a.
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I dont have an sv but if these things dont work then try to get a video of it and post it here so people can see exactly what is going on. Or get some pictures of it.

Jeepers
10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
you didnt say how many batteries you were using.

Daveo
10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I am using 12 cells. the batteries are from Radio shack, but they are GP3300 cells. I have a grim racer metal prop that I have yet to balance, but I am going to work on it. This will be my first one so I am a little scared. The only time I have seen it up on plane was running through the waves on lake michigan, but on calm water it just goes slow.

H&MWill
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Already had those packs and they are the problem. I switched to IB4200's and right up on plane.

whiplash
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I had that going on the first time i went in the water. put the trim tabs a hair lower than flush, with the bottom of the hull,
get the gap of the strut- to -back plate thats mounted to transom, 1/8 inch, stick a allen wrench in there than tighten it up.
put your rudder negative, (point the bottom forward) tighten it up. you dont want it to go toward positive while running.
change your batteries!!! use Lipos two 7.4V 2S1P 20C or 25C 3700mAh or morefor starters, gives you about 3-1/2 min. runn time full throttle.
I use grim racer prop 42X55 sharpend the most.
last and most important, mesure the hull nose to transome, multiply that by 30% will give you the inches that should be your C/G (balance point) frome transome to nose. no matter what adjustments you make to your trims, your props, your strut, your rudder, or anything.........keep the C/G on the money. (key to success)
sv27 is my favorite boat.........dont get discoraged.........good luck, from HAWAII:D
here is how my sv runs today, all stock. sorry no sound, junk camera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5fG3NEMlY and this one from dead stop, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLzbOBpQRWY

Daveo
10-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the help. I will try those things and let you know.

JeepRubicon2k3
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Make sure there is no flashing on the stock prop, that held my boat down and made it cavitate badly. Take a light file and knock off the fleshing if you have to. Balance, polish and sharpen your metal prop before you run it, its important!