PDA

View Full Version : lipo balancer help

badd_maxx25
06-13-2010, 12:36 AM
ok i just got two flightpower lipos and bought a set of e-flite balancer adapter cables mine question is which one do i use the batterys have 4 wires coming out and 2 of the cable fit the connecter one has 3 and the other has 4 the 3wire one fits into the plug on my charger that says 2s and the 4 wire one fits into the 3s. i know these are 2s packs

westbeach
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
For 2S pack there is 3 wires for the balancers. For 3s there is 4 wires for the balancer. Hope this help.

badd_maxx25
06-13-2010, 12:57 AM
thats what i thought. thanks you. but why would the pack have 4

westbeach
06-13-2010, 02:40 AM
A 3s pack would have 3 individual cells,and at the same time you would have six tabs. (+) and (-) tabs. But why 4 balancer wires you ask; here's why? - on the first cell the (+) tab goes to the batteries positive lead wire. And the first balancer wire is attached here The (-) tab of the first cell is joint to the (+) tab of the second cell. The second balancer wire is attached here The (-) tab of the second cell is attached to the (+) tab of the third cell. And the third balancer wire is attached here.
And now with the third cell the only tab left is the (-) tab. Which is needed to make the batteries negative lead. And so the fourth balancer wire is attached here. Hope this makes sense. Draw it out and you will get the idea behind it.

thats what i thought. thanks you. but why would the pack have 4