PDA

View Full Version : Regenerative Discharging

785boats
06-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I entered a bit of a conversation over on R/C Groups in the "Batteries & Charger" section & thought some of you guys might be interested in it & maybe add some experiences of your own here to complement it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1255751

Cheers.
Paul.

m4a1usr
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
It actually makes some pretty good sense. Its crossed my mind in those odd moments when I ponder lipo storage during the off months. Certainly couldnt hurt to do some basic research and see what might be worked out with the inventory.

John

graill
07-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I only have 7 years and change of lipo experience but i was taught by a couple knowledgeable folks.

Though it takes more time i always balance my packs down to my storage voltage with a discharger/balancer so i can monitor them, then a quick rebalance check after they are all done and then put them to bed. I am a balance whore and some may see this as excessive (or paranoid) but the investment is my reason for doing so.

For a fast dump ya the resistor setups are nifty and storing the juice, i prefer the low and slow style while monitoring, takes alot more time, just my preference. crank the music and watch the display. :smile: