PDA

View Full Version : The Full FeCalc install program file

ReddyWatts
06-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Steven has uploaded for us the install exe file (5 meg in zipped format) for installing FeCalc on your computer.

This program was designed to use with 2 pole motors.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/downloads/FEPackage.zip

This is an updated equipment file you can use in FeCalc.

http://gallery.offshoreelectrics.com/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10008&pos=-259

You can replace the text file in the fecalc directory with this one or add your equipment to it manually.
Use a single tab when adding data and going to the next column in the equipment text file.

ReddyWatts
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
If your current version of Fecalc is working, I do not recommend loading this one. Could cause a problem.

ReddyWatts
06-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Fix for Runtime error 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickvk
After much struggling, I have a solution to this problem. It looks like during program startup, it looks for the last selections from the fecalc.txt file. If those have been modified, the program might throw that error. You can use another user account on the computer. Or you can go into the registry editor, HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\FECalc\Startup and change various Value Data to 1. That worked for me. Phew, what a pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabstick
Deleting the whole key works also, this is good info!

ReddyWatts
06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
It installs the complete FeCalc program on your computer with the associated dll files and registry mods. There is a lite version of FeCalc (below) that does not need the associated files to work on some computers. You can download it into a directory on your pc and just run the program. If it asks for a dll file you have to install the complete program above.

http://gallery.offshoreelectrics.com/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=6

ReddyWatts
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
This my latest FeCalc equipment file.

ReddyWatts
06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes to both questions. It is for estimating a boat setup when using 2-pole motors. It helps find a prop to start testing with. Always start with a prop smaller than is calculates and work up to your desired amps and watts. Less smoke more fun!

ReddyWatts
06-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I do not have those values.

mschaffer66
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Not that I'm questioning what you have done. Hell its a lot more "technical" than anything else I've saw for helping on setup, but what kind of calculations are going on behind the scenes? Basically why do we trust this thing?

Please don't take that as a criticism. I was just wondering what kind of testing or whatever has been put into it. Hell for all I know you could be the god for FE and I'm questioning your calculator :)

ReddyWatts
06-23-2010, 11:20 PM
FeCalc used to be available on another web site, but recently went offline. I just supplied the program so others could continue to use it.

mschaffer66
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm just really curious where it gets the results from. Like you can just pick "cat" but no size associated. I wonder if there are certain assumptions in the program.

ReddyWatts
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Yes, this program was written before we had the larger (over 34") FE hulls.

FighterCat57
10-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Just an FYI- I can write windows shell programs in C#

Given some formula's I can write or re-write an associated application if needed.

domp444
10-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Is this program available for mac?

If not, I can always run it in bootcamp :)

Chrisg81983
04-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Just curious Is there a newer updated version out something that will let you select a certain setup ex. Hull type, size, and motor type pack c rating, prop size and so on Thanks chris g

ReddyWatts
04-12-2012, 07:55 AM
No, we have not been able to get in touch with the original programmer and have not found anyone that can update the program.

Chrisg81983
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
i enter new data in the database using a single between info but i cant get it to save in the database is there a reason for this that you can shed some info on
thanks chris g

carlcisneros
05-09-2012, 01:04 AM
if you are talking about the spread sheet (if you will) with motor, props, esc, on it
you have to hit the TAB key after each entry. do not use the space bar.

Chrisg81983
05-09-2012, 01:08 AM
I do that but when I hit ok to close window and go check if items are available in Fe calc itself they do not show up Thanks

lomdel
06-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Can someone pleeeeeeease rewrite the FECalc software as a iOS or Android app? The data need to be updated with the current motor/ESC/Lipo specs, etc. It would probably be a lot of work and research, but myself and almost all of us in the FE community would be happy to pay for such an App. Please!!!
There is a guy doing RC Calculator apps under the name of Ebohdas Games for heli's, cars, planes, multicopters, etc. But not boats. I can not get hold of contact details for him...