PDA

View Full Version : Is this true when charging Batterys?

agressive1
06-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Hello

I here that if your running 6s2p and you have to charge your batterys seperately that both packs have to be charged for the same amount of time or else when they are in use you can wreck your cells,is this true?

Also i have the Swallow EQ charger and it can only charge 6000mah maximium will it not charge the two packs at once if i connect them in parallel. I guess i cant balance them at the same time though.?

Thanks
Dean

mappo
06-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Hello

I here that if your running 6s2p and you have to charge your batterys seperately that both packs have to be charged for the same amount of time or else when they are in use you can wreck your cells,is this true?

Also i have the Swallow EQ charger and it can only charge 6000mah maximium will it not charge the two packs at once if i connect them in parallel. I guess i cant balance them at the same time though.?

Thanks
Dean

Hey if you have separate packs, all you have to do is charge and balance. and you will get the same pack voltage unless if you have a Hyperion dual charger then you can balance and charge both at the same time in synchronous mode. iow. you can charge 1 pack at 1c and the other at 2c both will arrive at the same cutoff voltage.except 1 will take longer to full charge.you cannot charge in parallel unless using hyperion duo 2 or 3 "synchronous"

agressive1
06-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks mate, i just heard something different thats all

785boats
06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
You can parallel charge packs off one charger & you can balance them too. I do it with some of my packs often.
Here's a bit of background on it all. Have a good read.
NOTE: Only do it if you feel confident with all aspects of lipo charging.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932319
Cheers.
Paul.