PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From Northern Indiana

D&D
05-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Any FE boaters from Northern Indiana? I'm leaving my home in NC tomorrow going back to my home town of Rochester Indiana (about 50 miles south of South Bend right in the middle of the state. I'll be in Rochester for the month of June, if any one is close or you know of a race with FE classes I would be interested.

jb1234
06-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I live in fort wayne indiana. Its a little bit of a drive from rochester. I run electric but most of the guys around here that I know of run gas.

D&D
06-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I ran in the IMPBA Nationals at Fort Wayne in the 90s when I was running nitro cats. Do they still have the pond and nice driver's stand on the south-west side of Fort Wayne?

I've only had a few runs here at Lake Manitou since I have been home. I'm trying to get to 60mph with my Mean Machine cat. My last run I was running a Y537-3, as recommended by "Readywatts" and crashed at about three-quater throtttle at 50.9mph. Prop showed promise but not a smooth running prop. I'm going to try and milk it to 60mph, but doubt it will be an everyday runner. What do you run?

jb1234
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
I haven't heard about a pond on the sw side of town but then I've been into boats for only about a year. Do you know what the pond or park or whatever is called?

D&D
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
In the late 90s when the Fort Wayne club (what ever its name was) held the IMPBA Nationals it was at a pond off of Ellison Road. As I came into the Fort Wayne area from the west it was to the right off of Rt114 just before the junction with Rt24. Ellison Rd hooked back under Rt24 and just past that the pond was back a lane off to the left. I just looked it up on Google Earth and was able to find it.

jb1234
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I know some guys in the fw club but I haven't heard them mention it before so I don't think they run there anymore. its to bad, it would be nice to have a local sanctioned race. If I get some time soon ill drive over there to see if there is still a stand there.

How is ur boat running? Did u hit 60mph yet?

jb1234
06-17-2010, 06:59 PM
I know some guys in the fw club but I haven't heard them mention it before so I don't think they run there anymore. its to bad, it would be nice to have a local sanctioned race. If I get some time soon ill drive over there to see if there is still a stand there.

How is ur boat running? Did u hit 60mph yet?

Oh yeah, I run a beat up elam and have another hydro I'm hoping to have finished in the next weak.

D&D
06-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I ran last night, but the MM setup like this is very touchy. She is running very much on its "heel" and requires very smooth water and no wind, as Fluid and others have stated) and last night Lake Manitou was not that good - close but no bannanas.

I was having problems with the setup using the Y537-3 prop and last nigh,t although I didn't get much of half throttle, the boat seemed very steady. Previously it was loaping, that is to me a combination of hopping and moving side to side, so I was encouraged - now just to get some good water conditions.

In case you havn't been reading my build thread, I've been trying to hit 60 or better using good equipment but not the biggest motor or batteries such as others have used that hit 60 with this hull. I also want to be conservative with my eqipment and not smoke anything and the 57.6mph that I have gone already is not bad at all.