PDA

View Full Version : feigao vs castle creations

nma25
05-31-2010, 02:57 AM
I am interested to know how much better castle creation motors are compared to feogaos before i start spending the cash to buy one. What kind of speed difference would i expect between the two, for an example I have a rigger running 4s and with a feigao 7xl that runs around 50. what would be the difference if i were to put an equivalent castle with the same set up.

Raydee
05-31-2010, 06:00 AM
I would say with the right prop you will gain at least 5 MPH but the castle will run much more efficiently which means it will run cooler and longer.

Jeff Wohlt
05-31-2010, 10:04 AM
You will find the the CC will last much longer. Better and larger bearings and better effi. You could have the CC for many years so cost is actually less. OSE has great prices on the CCs and you get the great service to boot.

nma25
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
what about neu motors, are they better than the castles or roughly the same

m4a1usr
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
what about neu motors, are they better than the castles or roughly the same

Opinions vary. I say yes, but having said that the castle/neu is no slouch either. I just ran my FX rigger yesterday on a castle/neu 2200kv (1515/1Y) and the motor ran great. I need to put in my eagletree and get some data but the motor is a powerhouse. Go for either the Neu or the Castle/Neu. The quality is there for both. The one thing I like about the castle/neu over a Neu is you can buy the rotor and bearing kit for motor rebuild for $25. Castle is one up on the competition with that option!

John

forescott
05-31-2010, 04:34 PM
I am interested to know how much better castle creation motors are compared to feogaos before i start spending the cash to buy one. What kind of speed difference would i expect between the two, for an example I have a rigger running 4s and with a feigao 7xl that runs around 50. what would be the difference if i were to put an equivalent castle with the same set up.

I like the feigao's but The castle motors are every bit worth the extra $$$. You cant beat the torque of a castle/neu motor. Plus I really have to think hard every time I have to spell feigao!:confused1:

BHChieftain
05-31-2010, 08:33 PM
I like the feigao's but The castle motors are every bit worth the extra $$$. You cant beat the torque of a castle/neu motor. Plus I really have to think hard every time I have to spell feigao!:confused1:

I replaced a fiegao (yes I also have a hard time spelling it) 540 9xl (1800 kv) with a neu 1515 1.5y (1500 kv). Motor runs way cooler and can handle a much bigger prop. There is significantly less front-to-back play with the rotor. It was quite a bit more expensive but I'm really happy with the neu.

Chief

Steven Vaccaro
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
I've been racing the same 8xl and 9xl for about 4 seasons. The difference is I dont push them past their limits. I keep them cool, running the right size prop for my boat. Are the Castles better, yes. But they are also more money, so they should be better.

JohnZ
06-01-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm waiting for Scorpion to come out with their new inrunners. Should be very interesting to see how they would stack up against Neu/Castle.
Any day now Lucien......

MarkF
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
John, you can also get Neu rotors and bearings (for all his size motors ) from Neu for a few more bucks than the Castle. No problem.

Mark