PDA

View Full Version : Placed one on order

electric
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Decided I have to have one of these. Just placed my order... Nothing like it on the market RTR..

electric
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I spoke to soon, look what I found on ebay tonight. Looks very simliar..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fiberglass-F1-Brushless-Electric-RC-Speed-Boat-RTR-/400124089196?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5d2941136c

forescott
05-30-2010, 04:08 AM
I think you will be happier with the proboat. The outboard on the e-bay special looks to have a plastic drive.

electric
05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Maybe so. I am sticking with my order. The ebay boat has a hotter motor 2040 KV and a smaller ESC 40amp not exactly a good idea. The layout is different as well, not to mention the plastic prop on the ebay boat. With that much different, who knows what they did to the hull.

forescott
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Proboat is a pretty good company for the most part. I have a few of their boats and have always been pretty happy with the quality. Not Excellent, but pretty good!

Darin Jordan
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
You need to take a MUCH closer look at that E-Bay boat... it's NOTHING like the ProBoat...
Please trust me... That E-Bay boat will NOT make you happy... It's TOO narrow, the ride-pads are all wrong, the sides of the sponsons are way too thick... It's more of a toy.

You will NOT be disappointed with the ProBoat... It's a nice piece

Darin Jordan
05-31-2010, 01:31 AM
Proboat is a pretty good company for the most part. I have a few of their boats and have always been pretty happy with the quality. Not Excellent, but pretty good!

I'm thinking that this boat, when you see it in person, may up your quality opinion a bit. That's the goal.

forescott
05-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Thats what I like to hear! :smile:

electric
05-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Darin, that is good to hear about the quality. I am looking forward to getting the boat and as you could see by my prevous thread, I pretty much came to the same conclusion about the copy. Should be fun to have a scale looking boat that is also fast!

mike robson
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
yeah i talk to my LHS testerday it will be late june he said i want the first one to hit his store only thing i dont like is it dont come with a radio but i'll buy one for it anybody know how fast its suppose to be DARIN?

forescott
06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah i talk to my LHS testerday it will be late june he said i want the first one to hit his store only thing i dont like is it dont come with a radio but i'll buy one for it anybody know how fast its suppose to be DARIN?

proboat am radio that comes with most of their rtr's is junk anyways. Get a tactic 2.4 for 79-bucks. You will love it!

mike robson
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
yeah thats the same radio i got with my UL-1 I LIKE IT ITS OK BUT I NEED TO SEAL IT UP WITH SOMETHING.WHERE YOU GETTTIN THESE RADIOS FOR 79 BUCKS I GOT A AM RADIO WITH MY ELAM AND ITS OK BUT IF I CAN SWITCH IT OVER I WILL.

eperform
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Anybody looking for one I have 5 on backorder.

forescott
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
towerhobbies is where I get em!

forescott
06-01-2010, 09:33 PM
tactic radio, that is....

Brushless55
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe so. I am sticking with my order. The ebay boat has a hotter motor 2040 KV and a smaller ESC 40amp not exactly a good idea. The layout is different as well, not to mention the plastic prop on the ebay boat. With that much different, who knows what they did to the hull.

The motor will not hold upto the power the Proboat has, plus its only a 380 or smaller, and the lower is plastic...

Brushless55
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Anybody looking for one I have 5 on backorder.

Let us know when you get them in..
any idea when?

Chinewalker
06-02-2010, 03:51 PM
The lower end on the eBay outboard looks like a knock-off of the old Kyosho Dolphin plastic units... Plus, I e-mailed the seller about customer support for parts like flex shafts, etc. and he did not have, nor could he get them...

Brushless55
06-02-2010, 03:59 PM
The lower end on the eBay outboard looks like a knock-off of the old Kyosho Dolphin plastic units... Plus, I e-mailed the seller about customer support for parts like flex shafts, etc. and he did not have, nor could he get them...

Knock off :confused2:
their all chinese

mike robson
06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah im gonna stick with the proboat stiletto them 5 radios how much for one?

tomstoys2
06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Chinewalker is right, looks just like the Dolphin outdrive. It will never hold up.
ProBoat Stiletto is the way to go. This thing is going to be so cool.
Tom

Ctonez
06-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Stilletto is a REAL FE RACE BOAT. The eBay boat is not. Darin's eye for quality and workmanship is top notch.
The clear hatch is really cool looking and caught my eye. I'm sure the production costs could be lower if they just painted it black, but they went with the clear. That's an obvious detail, but no doubt there are many tricky bits on this hull that are there to make it more competitive in race water.

I'm not a tunnel guy, but this is a really cool offering from Proboat. :thumbup1:
Hopefully this is a sign of the future direction of Proboat - Race-proven designs that don't need another $200 and 15 hours of labor to make them competitive.

Time to start thinking about next year's race budget...:confused1:

mschaffer66
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I have to say Proboat has been slipping a bit with their quality control. It seems like every single Proboat our shop sells ends up having some sort of an issue. I know a few things are probably the idiots that buy them, but others are ridiculous. The canopy not having enough spacers to the magnet on a brand new Shockwave 26 to make contact, the flex cable shredding instantly on a brande new STOCK Formula Fastech, Widowmakers catching fire left and right, etc.... I mean I love their stuff, but I think they need to tighten the screws a bit on quality. And you know they know they have issues when you call customer service and tell them someone has a bad Proboat X....all you hear is "a replacement is on the way" lol

Brushless55
06-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Stilletto is a REAL FE RACE BOAT. The eBay boat is not. Darin's eye for quality and workmanship is top notch.
The clear hatch is really cool looking and caught my eye. I'm sure the production costs could be lower if they just painted it black, but they went with the clear. That's an obvious detail, but no doubt there are many tricky bits on this hull that are there to make it more competitive in race water.

I'm not a tunnel guy, but this is a really cool offering from Proboat. :thumbup1:
Hopefully this is a sign of the future direction of Proboat - Race-proven designs that don't need another $200 and 15 hours of labor to make them competitive.

Time to start thinking about next year's race budget...:confused1:

:iagree:
I'm looking to get one :biggrin:

AndyKunz
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
And you know they know they have issues when you call customer service and tell them someone has a bad Proboat X....all you hear is "a replacement is on the way" lol

Actually, as a dealer you should know that that's exactly how we handle almost every situation, for all our proprietary brands, and how we've done it for years and years.

Andy

sailr
06-21-2010, 12:57 AM
I see the ebay listing has been removed! Haha

ALD
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I just ordered the pro boat stiletto 29 from Horizan Hobby. They say on web site late July. I love the looks of the boat, but have never driven a tunnel drive. I have a 25" artr from Kintec modified with a 540 motor. This boat is super quick and super stable even for me, a novice at boating.
I never heard of Darin til I found this site. I can clearly see he is well respected in the industry. Not knowing much about boats and the honesty in which Darin passes on technical info about the boat led me to buy this boat knowing it will be a fun boat to drive. Thanks Darin! Awaiting more info on set up.

skellyo
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Looks like on the Horizon site, the Stiletto is delayed again. They're showing Late August now. Anyone know anything different?

Rumdog
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
What's new. Tired of being strung along by the RTR companies.

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
What's new. Tired of being strung along by the RTR companies.

I have to agree... if this is really the case, it blows. Really takes the wind out of the "sales", so to speak.

Not just the RTR companies that this happens to, however... How late is the 787 now??? ;) Gotta love off-loaded manufacturing. Completely out of the companies control. Yah, that was a good idea!

Could be worse... Could be like, say, an iPhone 4, where it comes out on time, but doesn't work! :doh:

Have no idea what's going on, but I hope they get here soon.

Brushless55
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Looks like on the Horizon site, the Stiletto is delayed again. They're showing Late August now. Anyone know anything different?

Nooooooo.. :crying:

electric
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM

Ouch....to wait or to redirect the funds....must be a slow boat...chuckle

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
....must be a slow boat...chuckle

... from China... ;)

electric
07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
... from China... ;)

yes.. that is what I meant Darin, not your boat...more coffee over here please...

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
yes.. that is what I meant Darin, not your boat...more coffee over here please...

I know... I was just trying to get a chuckle... :)

I'll see if I can find out exactly what is going on. I'm not really in the "loop" on these "getting it out to the public" details...

mschaffer66
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Not surprising at all...

Horizon's downfall will be having cool products that they can't get to market. Whoever is in charge of actually getting the new products from production to the store shelves needs to be fired.

Their planes have been HORRIBLE in making it to market. That Giant bi-plane, The Beast, was announced in October and JUST started shipping to people. All of the new micro planes had non-existent part support during the indoor season.

The funny thing is one would think that for a company located in the Midwest they would understand the importance of actually releasing a boat during the boating season. I had planned on getting a Stilleto....but considering "Late August" could easily become "Late September" at the rate Horizon is going on stuff I'm just going to wait until next spring and see if something better comes out.

There ya go Horizon.... Stilleto Sales - 1....good job

AndyKunz
07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Not just the RTR companies that this happens to, however... How late is the 787 now??? ;)

Over 2 years now.

I think those are just a wee bit more complicated than a model boat, though.

I'm glad the F-22 is all built here. I can't wait to see how Lockheed solves the same distributed manufacturing issues on the F-35.

Andy

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Bummer , I really like this boat but once again Horizon falls short, This is the exact reason i didn't pre order one. guess ill do as the other person above and wait till next spring, If i was proboat id backcharge horizon . and fire the person responsibe for the delay. Darin you done a nice job on the Boat too bad the company you work for has their head up their A$$.

mschaffer66
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah it looks like a bad ass little boat...but its only good if you can sell them...and with this hobby during the boating season :)

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I see the Miss Geico got bumped up to from late August to September too. that Traxxis titan is looking better and better, hopefully tower hobbies has a better supplier than Horizon. I,ll still get the Stiletto but now it will have to wait till next spring, I refuse to buy a boat that close to winter.

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 11:50 AM
I see the Miss Geico got bumped up to from late August to September too. that Traxxis titan is looking better and better, hopefully tower hobbies has a better supplier than Horizon. I,ll still get the Stiletto but now it will have to wait till next spring, I refuse to buy a boat that close to winter.

I don't know... Traxxas.... and Tower Hobbies... both get their stuff from China as well...

mschaffer66
07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't know... Traxxas.... and Tower Hobbies... both get their stuff from China as well...

Apparently they, being really Traxxas and GP, have just learned how to integrate the "Slow boat from China" delays into their whole product launch schemes...

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Apparently they, being really Traxxas and GP, have just learned how to integrate the "Slow boat from China" delays into their whole product launch schemes...

Really? We'll see...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TRA5708

Looks like "Early September" for that one as well... :Peace_Sign:

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 12:05 PM

Oh well , hell Darin that will give me time to design a power tilt and trim system to your already great looking boat lol. yes they all come from china, but different suppliers and factories , I have designed circuit boards for R/C lighting and had china build the proto type, send for me to test and mass produce in 3 months, it all boils down to the person who is running the show for Horizon Hobbies why its not there when expected. You done a great job on the boat im not nocking you , ive been in this hobby longer than horizon has been in business and year after year they fall short on suppling their products on time, and not just boats. Cars , Aircraft and everything else the advertise new.

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Really? We'll see...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TRA5708

Looks like "Early September" for that one as well... :Peace_Sign:

Your correct we will just have to wait and see ,tower still says late July, so if theirs comes in on the expected date of July. that will prove someone at horizon is slipping in their Job. still dont change anything with me im still going to buy your boat whenever it gets here on the mayflower. LOL.

mschaffer66
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah tower is still late July...which has always seemed a bit unrealistic. ..given the late official unveiling

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry to be a bit heated guys, just spent over $200 for lipos just for this boat and now its over a month off, guess i can run them in my formula fastech. lol

Doby
07-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Tower???????

Link please.....

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Tower???????

Link please.....

Tower Hobbies , also located in Illinois.I made an order from OSE on Sat and it was here yesterday, made an order from Horizon Hobby the same day and it is in Kansas city. ordered my lipo's from Tower hobbies which came from Reno , Nev. and received them yesterday, Im In Missouri a far cry from OSE and Tower Hobbies Warehouse in Nevada, Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.:sarcasm1:

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Thank you OSE for your prompt and Great Service.

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.:sarcasm1:

It depends... depending on what you ordered, it may be shipping from the California warehouse...

Doby
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Tower Hobbies , also located in Illinois.I made an order from OSE on Sat and it was here yesterday, made an order from Horizon Hobby the same day and it is in Kansas city. ordered my lipo's from Tower hobbies which came from Reno , Nev. and received them yesterday, Im In Missouri a far cry from OSE and Tower Hobbies Warehouse in Nevada, Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.:sarcasm1:

I just asked for a link to the Tower site where they sell the Stilleto...or did we suddenly switch topics????:confused2::confused2:

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Damn Darin , Thank you so much, that explains it all. they have a warehouse in Komifornia. which is only across the Colorado river from Reno, Nev. that only took 3 days for a set of lipo's to get all the way to BFE So. Mo. That still dont Justify the time it takes for them to get an order to you. not when the order was accepted at the Il.l UPS office for Delivery. What did they do Fly it to California first, then back to Kansas city ? Im 57 years old i Wasn't born yesterday, With all your Knowledge of boat building and the fine products you endorse, I'd be looking for another sponsor. Just my Opinion , nothing against you.

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I just asked for a link to the Tower site where they sell the Stilleto...or did we suddenly switch topics????:confused2::confused2:

no we were discusing the Traxxis Titan wicth was also moved up to Sept for availability by Horizon But Tower still lists it as late July.

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
With all your Knowledge of boat building and the fine products you endorse, I'd be looking for another sponsor. Just my Opinion , nothing against you.

Well... if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to help develop boats that can be delivered late and then get trashed by all the "expert" critics out there... where would I be then??? :doh: :lol:

I have no idea why your order is "delayed", or taking longer than Tower, or anything about it frankly. Not my department. If you have a real complaint, have you actually taken the time to contact (like, CALL, actually talk to someone) and voice it with them? I haven't had any issues with them. If you are having issues, let them know about it. Businesses tend to want to try to please their customers. I'm sure it's a little harder when you are a huge business, but I think they tend to try.

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
ok im dropping this conversation, sorry guys but there are other hobby shops besides Horizon Hobby that sells proboat products. I wont spend another Dime to Horizon. there service sucks anyway.

Darin Jordan
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
ok im dropping this conversation, sorry guys but there are other hobby shops besides Horizon Hobby that sells proboat products. I wont spend another Dime to Horizon. there service sucks anyway.

There are lots of ProBoat dealers out there... ProBoat is owned by Horizon Hobby, however.

Deserthobbies
07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Well... if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to help develop boats that can be delivered late and then get trashed by all the "expert" critics out there... where would I be then??? :doh: :lol:

I have no idea why your order is "delayed", or taking longer than Tower, or anything about it frankly. Not my department. If you have a real complaint, have you actually taken the time to contact (like, CALL, actually talk to someone) and voice it with them? I haven't had any issues with them. If you are having issues, let them know about it. Businesses tend to want to try to please their customers. I'm sure it's a little harder when you are a huge business, but I think they tend to try.

Yep your right Darin i need to talk to them, however your boats are still some of the best ive seen for the price tag.

Doby
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
no we were discusing the Traxxis Titan wicth was also moved up to Sept for availability by Horizon But Tower still lists it as late July.

My apologies for thinking that the discussion was about the Stiletto,,,afterall, this is the Stiletto thread,,,not sure why I would have thought that. My bad:olleyes::olleyes::olleyes:

Brushless55
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM

Tower is always the last to post the real date :olleyes:

ALD
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Check traxxis site-late July.

Brushless55
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Check traxxis site-late July.

Traxxas will wait till the last week of July and then change the date :glare:

Grimracer
07-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Dman,

Sorry you are taking some heat for this buddy..

Man. o man....

Let me do this for ya.. I dont work for PB but ya all can crab at me for the boats being pushed back.. Im use to the lashing.. Darin did nothing more then GIVE YOU AN OPTION in RC boating and it looks to be a nice one..

Go ahead.. crab at me... :thumbup:

Dman.. this will all blow over very soon dude.

ROCKET AND ROLL! :rockon2:

Grim

mschaffer66
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Dman,

Sorry you are taking some heat for this buddy..

Man. o man....

Let me do this for ya.. I dont work for PB but ya all can crab at me for the boats being pushed back.. Im use to the lashing.. Darin did nothing more then GIVE YOU AN OPTION in RC boating and it looks to be a nice one..

Go ahead.. crab at me... :thumbup:

Dman.. this will all blow over very soon dude.

ROCKET AND ROLL! :rockon2:

Grim

I don't think anyone is blaming Darin or even directing their frustration towards him. Its not the guy who comes up with the cool stuff's fault for it not making it to market in a reasonable time. If that were the case we would all be bitching at you asking where this mythical Aquacraft cat is.... :)

forescott
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Its not the guy who comes up with the cool stuff's fault for it not making it to market in a reasonable time. If that were the case we would all be bitching at you asking where this mythical Aquacraft cat is.... :)

:iagree: :hornets_nest:

Diegoboy
07-15-2010, 11:12 PM
When it comes out. I'll get one. In the meantime, crying about "when" isn't going to improve the situation. Those that want one will surely have the chance to get one.
It reminds me of a bunch of kids on Christmas eve BEGGING mom & dad to open at least ONE present now! :lol:

Rumdog
07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I think the main reason it is frustrating is that for most of us, boating is seasonal. Spring releases make more sense.

Brushless55
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
When it comes out. I'll get one. In the meantime, crying about "when" isn't going to improve the situation. Those that want one will surely have the chance to get one.
It reminds me of a bunch of kids on Christmas eve BEGGING mom & dad to open at least ONE present now! :lol:

:rofl:

forescott
07-16-2010, 12:13 AM
I think the main reason it is frustrating is that for most of us, boating is seasonal. Spring releases make more sense.

What he said! Oh yeah, I live in california. Never mind!:tiphat:

rcboatmanwithkids2880
07-18-2010, 06:10 AM
HI Darin ,

What is the origin of the Stiletto , is it outsourced from China ??

Thanks ,

Brad

Darin Jordan
07-24-2010, 10:32 AM
HI Darin ,

Thanks ,

Brad

I'm not sure what you mean by "origin"... but it was developed and designed here (by me and the ProBoat developers in Illinois) and the prototype parts and production is being done in China. With the exception of a few minor bits, the final design is what we here in the states designated it to be. The manufacturer did throw in a bit or two of creative license, but honestly, I think once they saw the direction we wanted to go, they were really onboard and did a nice job.

mschaffer66
07-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Yeah, its really hard to drive a boat through 2' snow drifts on the ice...

Although when there is a foot of ice on the lake you are less likely to drown going to retrieve your boat :)

Darin Jordan
07-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, its really hard to drive a boat through 2' snow drifts on the ice...

Although when there is a foot of ice on the lake you are less likely to drown going to retrieve your boat :)

Missing the targeted June release for this boat was partially my fault. When I received the first Production Sample to look over and start racing, I found some assembly issues that needed to be taken care of before this got into your hands. This delayed the production by many weeks.

Hopefully you'll find that, despite the wait, that quality of the boat meets your approval. Had it gone forward without addressing the issues I found, you would have had the boat in June, but not been happy with it.

I believe that when those of you who are getting this boat finally get it, you'll be pleased with the quality of this particular RTR. They've done a very nice job.

mschaffer66
07-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Taking care of assembly issues is not your fault Darin unless you are the guy that assembled it.

Darin Jordan
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Taking care of assembly issues is not your fault Darin unless you are the guy that assembled it.

True... but we need to keep in mind that the people putting this stuff together really don't know anything about boats... and they don't speak English! ;)

You should see the PowerPoints I have put together explaining each little piece to them in detail to try to get things right.

Like I said, their engineers REALLY stepped up and the finished product is really rock-solid in the area that was of concern. I'm very pleased, and I'm pretty picky!

The ONE thing I'm not completely happy with is the battery tray cover... It's OK for sport boating, but really does need to be taped down if you are going to risk flipping the boat much (heat racing... tends to happen when you are pushing 50mph ;))

The "tupperware" lid was a good idea, but I'm not sure it got implemented as well as it could have been.

Luckily, I considered that when they were making it, and we had them leave the outside edges smooth with no lip so it is pretty easy to tape down ( a bit of a pain under the cables, but not that big of a deal)...

ONE of these days, I'm going to come up with a sure-fire way to NOT have to tape!

mschaffer66
07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I kinda like and don't like the tupperware lid idea...or rather at least how proboat has implemented it in the few boats I have saw. In both the Shockwave and the Widowmaker you have the tupperware lid then a hatch that is BARELY secured by a magnet. To me if they would have had the lid, then a hatch that had some sort of positive locking like the SV27 hatch it would have been a much better design. The magnets on those hatches are marginal at best and I've saw too many tupperware containers pop open in my lunch pail to trust it. On my WM I taped the tupperware and the hatch to be safe as I had the hatch come off once, but luckily the lid was taped.

I also think, at least in those applications, a hatch that puts a small bit of pressure on a few points of the lid would be a good plan too. Might be overkill with latches and all of that, but to me I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Brushless55
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
HI Darin ,

Thanks ,

Brad

USA! :thumbup1:

rcboatmanwithkids2880
07-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Hi Darin ,

Growing up in the late 80's i had a GT BMX Race bike that i raced in Sydney , & it was manufactured in the U.S , where engineering in my eyes has always been world class . Just think that a good quality hull as what the Stiletto is , would have had more cred if it was entirely produced in the U.S .

like the fact that Proboat sells parts seperately . would consider buying the hull & outboard in the future as a project .

Brad

Deserthobbies
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
True... but we need to keep in mind that the people putting this stuff together really don't know anything about boats... and they don't speak English! ;)

You should see the PowerPoints I have put together explaining each little piece to them in detail to try to get things right.

Like I said, their engineers REALLY stepped up and the finished product is really rock-solid in the area that was of concern. I'm very pleased, and I'm pretty picky!

The ONE thing I'm not completely happy with is the battery tray cover... It's OK for sport boating, but really does need to be taped down if you are going to risk flipping the boat much (heat racing... tends to happen when you are pushing 50mph ;))

The "tupperware" lid was a good idea, but I'm not sure it got implemented as well as it could have been.

Luckily, I considered that when they were making it, and we had them leave the outside edges smooth with no lip so it is pretty easy to tape down ( a bit of a pain under the cables, but not that big of a deal)...

ONE of these days, I'm going to come up with a sure-fire way to NOT have to tape!

Darin , Just a suggestion but why not put rc helicopter canopy attachments on the waterproof box to hold the lid on, they can withstand many g forces and would be watertight, put the silicone gromets in the lid ( one in each corner) and the mounts they snap on to the inside of the waterproof box, just try pulling a canopy off a rc heli, they are stronger than any tape you use to hold the hatch on a rc boat, OK I get a free miss geico if you use my idea lol

Flying Scotsman
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Darin, I purchased one, as I know you are a picky guy and because of your involment in this design, I did not wait to see other peoples reports on hull integrity etc. as I would normaly do on an RTR boat.

Douggie

Darin Jordan
08-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Will be interesting to see what you all think about this boat once it's in your hands. I can think of one complaint people will have (hatch cover). Otherwise, I wonder what comments will come...???

Rumdog
08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
What about the hatch cover, Darin?

Darin Jordan
08-27-2010, 07:35 PM
What about the hatch cover, Darin?

It's just a little bit of a hassle to tape down, and doesn't replicate "Tupperware" as well as I would have liked... You know how it is... one always finds SOMETHING that could have been done better. If this turns out to be the major complaint, then the boat should be a hit, because I think it's pretty solid otherwise.:thumbup1:

ron1950
08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
picked my boat up today....love the looks and bottom seems very stright etc...things sure are tight in there lol.....did a few of your upgrades espically cutting the hole in the motor cover for the wires and water tubes....darin how did u string your small antenna? i just wraped it around the reciver compartment and am hopeing it will be ok.....greased it up and assembled it in about a hour or so waiting for some decals i have a guy makeing now lol....seems ready for the lake tomorrow....got my fingers crossed i dont have to swim for it lol.....:rockon2::rockon2: this boat is so hot looking

ron1950
08-31-2010, 06:43 PM

still need the white mercury for the motor

Rumdog
08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Now that is sweet! And my favorite adult beverage!

ron1950
08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
thanks ...it was supposed to say coors light silver bullet but u know those decal guys never listen well lol

Darin Jordan
08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Ron... start out with the lower unit adjusted neutral, about 3/16" or so above the sponson bottoms... See where that gets you. Will likely carry the nose a bit down the straights, then set it down in the turns. Let off slightly when you turn in, then get back on the throttle to carry the nose.

Let us know how it goes!

ron1950
09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
north wind all weekend so far and that means rough water...cant wait to see what tomorrow brings as i have adjusted the motor to be as stright and corect as i can get it..... this boat is fast just rough water can keep u on the shore all day ...dont want to make it a submarine again lol