PDA

View Full Version : BlackJack 26 BL delayed again!

Eodman
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I just spoke with Sales Rep at Horizon Hobby ---- and you will never guess what !!!!

Yup that's right the a**holes at Horizon Hobby have backed ship date off to the end of the first week in December!

Well folks I promptly cancelled my B/O with Horizon!

Further I implore each and everyone of you that may be waiting for this boat to cancel their orders!

Perhaps if enough of us cancel and they get stuck with a container load of them they will reduce the price!

Thank you Horizon Hobby & Pro boat ---- You guys really suck!

SJFE
10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Dude I don't get it. Ok I'd be pissed about the delay. It seems you shot your self in the foot. Why cancel the order and wait longer for it. Horizon is more than likley to be the first place to ship it. I would direct your frustration at Proboat. They are the reason the boat is late to the market IMO.

wickedgmc
10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
well you either want the boat or you don't, canceling your order just gave your boat to the next guy in line. Yes there is a line at my local hobby shop for this boat. About 5 people have put the money down on it and when it does finally show up they will enjoy it.

You have to think the reason for the delay was an issue they would rather fix before sending it out rather than have people try to fix it themselves.

I too would be upset about it, but I don't think I would have canceled my order, especially threw Horizon as Horizon owns Pro Boat and they will be the first to fill orders once they are available.

I hope you do eventually get the boat if you do want it

Eodman
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
SJFE who's the parent company to Pro Boat?

I can't justify spending that kind of money when the water is hard here in NJ! If it turns out to be available in the spring I may reconsider but for now screw em!

It will drive both my son & I crazy to look at it and not drive it!

My Supervee will get more use!

Doby
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
I remember when the SV-27 was released,,, similar issues with avaliability all over the place, and getting replacement parts was difficult. :cursing:

Remember, boats like this will help grow the hobby in the long run, patience :smile:

Besides, I already have one,

Modified a nitro version, 9XL, Hydra 120 and 5S Lipos, a hair under 48 Mph as per my GPS, just don't do any tight turns :doh:

Tunda
10-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I just tested mine yesterday 8xl,120 hyda,4s lipo 49.9.........waiting for whiplash to post vid.......................

Tunda
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Steven this is the one i got from you.............

Steven Vaccaro
10-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Steven this is the one i got from you............. Are you using the stock drive?

mr.mauian
10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Nitro BJ26 on ebay for 269.00 plus shipping. buy it and convert it , you will only upgrade it in the end. this one is free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Boat-Blackjack-26-RTR-Nitro-Catamaran-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ220155387745QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1 9166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SJFE
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I can't justify spending that kind of money when the water is hard here in NJ!
Dude your in jersey..Lets run. Second I only remember like 2 weeks last winter I couldent run.

Doby
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm using the stock drive on mine, so far so good, its been almost a whole season:D

Tunda
10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
no steven im not using the stock drive i bought a out drive from fullers......I sold the blackjack that i crashed and gave it with the stock drive from the BJ you sold me..........:)

Steven Vaccaro
10-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Nitro BJ26 on ebay for 269.00 plus shipping. buy it and convert it , you will only upgrade it in the end. this one is free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Boat-Blackjack-26-RTR-Nitro-Catamaran-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ220155387745QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1 9166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just found one that some company has on sale :biggrin:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-blackjack

wickedgmc
10-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I just found one that some company has on sale :biggrin:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-blackjack

LOL :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Steven Vaccaro
10-04-2007, 07:46 PM
no steven im not using the stock drive i bought a out drive from fullers......I sold the blackjack that i crashed and gave it with the stock drive from the BJ you sold me..........:)

To bad I wanted to see how it was holding up.

Tunda
10-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Well it was holding up pretty good till i got the fullers drive i twisited one flex shaft
and at full speed it would not turn at all..........so i went with fullers now its way better.................may be you should build a couple BJs and sell it.............

Steven Vaccaro
10-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Well it was holding up pretty good till i got the fullers drive i twisited one flex shaft
and at full speed it would not turn at all..........so i went with fullers now its way better.................may be you should build a couple BJs and sell it.............

Na. Once in a while I build a customer a boat. I just dont have the time that I wish I could put to doing that.

chow592
10-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I was told by the manager at my lhs that he already had a couple of the bj brushless boats in and sold them. Basically he claims they were already released, and sold out and now are on back order. Is this total BS?

Steven Vaccaro
10-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I have had a batch on backorder since they where announced. I still do not have them. I think its bs :icon_bs: But if he's correct they will quickly show up online. People will want to show them off.

Tunda
10-06-2007, 02:07 AM
He's Bsin you........

FE_Chris
10-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I think he's BS'ing you too....When the SV27 was coming out....I went one hour south of me to a hobby shop to pay for one because they where su[posed to be getting them sooner then anyone else!

Yeah....BS....total BS....I got it the DAY it came in....stopped by my LHS(5 mins from my house) whats on the shelf? 3, SV 27 boats...

PB and horizon don't pic favorites.....

and as far as the delay goes? Atleast one would think they are trying to get it right....maybe they are having some last minute issues... who knows...

The SV27 was delayed....The TC31 was delayed too.... I waited...thats life.

Diegoboy
10-08-2007, 09:12 PM
5 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ProBoat-BLACKJACK-26-Brushless-Catamaran-RTR-PRB3300_W0QQitemZ180167690934QQihZ008QQcategoryZ25 64QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)right now. <--10/08/07
Now only 4

...and here
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/StdItemView.aspx?lookup=PRB3300

...and here too
http://www.hobby-sports.com/cart/prod_detail.php?prodid=PRB3300

FE_Chris
10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
wow, sweet! :-)

Diegoboy
10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Ya, I thought you guys might like to know :laugh:

wickedgmc
10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
yeppers, my LHS get them tomorrow as well

Diegoboy
10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Where is EODMAN?? :doh:

SJFE
10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I have an apache in my shopping cart in his store. The thing keepin me from checking out is the fact that it's probably a pre order sale thats not listed as such. I will wait until Steven get some in.

Diegoboy
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
The apache says "Back order" but the BJ-BL says "In stock":smile:

Tunda
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
what the heck is going on with this brushless BJ ?.................

Tunda
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I just went on the horizon web site and it says Dec.............

whiplash
10-09-2007, 01:44 AM
brushless PB hydros will be the next phase............by the time supply catches up
with demand, we all made our own nitro to brushless conversions. I got a rickity
ole nitro BJ converted......I bet its better than the new brushless. Has anyone seen the inside of the brushless BJ? hhmmmmm......

Eodman
10-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Diego I'm not hiding!

I made a decision and not sorry for it!

I don't like being played or strung along whether that's in my personal life or in my business dealings!

I bid on a boat on Ebay last week after I made that decision ..... won the auction on Friday .... express mailed my check on Saturday ..... seller confirmed he had his money by 10:00 AM Monday Morning!

I've got me a very fast boat coming 3 day select and I'm building a Cat so I can live with my decision!

Screw Pro Boat! I spoke with the people at Pro Boat they gave me a date that they were sure off(September) I made a promise to a sick son & then I had to break that promise! F*#k Pro Boat!

You want my opinion ask ---- just be sure you are ready for my answer because I am brutually honest, opinionated and make no excuses for the way I am!

There will a better boat on the market next week next year by some other company that has better business values than Pro boat! Screw Pro Boat!

So Diego as you can see I'm right here!

Diegoboy
10-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Diego I'm not hiding!

I made a decision and not sorry for it!

I don't like being played or strung along whether that's in my personal life or in my business dealings!

I bid on a boat on Ebay last week after I made that decision ..... won the auction on Friday .... express mailed my check on Saturday ..... seller confirmed he had his money by 10:00 AM Monday Morning!

I've got me a very fast boat coming 3 day select and I'm building a Cat so I can live with my decision!

Screw Pro Boat! I spoke with the people at Pro Boat they gave me a date that they were sure off(September) I made a promise to a sick son & then I had to break that promise! F*#k Pro Boat!

You want my opinion ask ---- just be sure you are ready for my answer because I am brutually honest, opinionated and make no excuses for the way I am!

There will a better boat on the market next week next year by some other company that has better business values than Pro boat! Screw Pro Boat!

So Diego as you can see I'm right here!

I didn't think that you were hiding. I just thought you wanted this boat, upset because of the delay, and now that they are available, I thought you might want to get one now. That's all! :o

FE_Chris
10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Guess what FE_chris picked up today and is going to take pics of and post about later after he runs it with some lipos? :w00t:

SJFE
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
So um Eodman...How do you really feel about Proboat?