PDA

View Full Version : Aeromarine Avenger Pro 44" hull

FighterCat57
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm having some difficulty getting more information on this hull. The manufacturer hs been giving me very short brush off answers. Probably because I'm asking really stupid questions. Like, does it come painted? Still no answer on that one. I'm guessing bare color gel coat and decals are available separately?

Hopefully I can get some questions answered here.

Does anybody have transom measurements/photos on the hull?
Perhaps a completed one with some hardware recommendations?

Would twin 1515/1y's on 4s/5s w/180a ESC's w/4mm drives move this hull decently?

Would stingers work, or go with struts? Is there an sponson transom overhang?

If I can make this work, I just might order one. I keep hearing how well they handle in rough water.
________
C1 Platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_C1_platform)

crabstick
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
The Avenger is a great hull, haven't seen one come painted yet, no transom overhang, handles great, loves a little chop, great heatracing boat.

You might want to look at its slightly skinnier brother the Conquest. IMO the conquest with the Avenger Pro hatch is the :rockon2:

FighterCat57
05-21-2010, 06:12 PM
The Avenger is a great hull, haven't seen one come painted yet, no transom overhang, handles great, loves a little chop, great heatracing boat.

You might want to look at its slightly skinnier brother the Conquest. IMO the conquest with the Avenger Pro hatch is the :rockon2:

Cool, thanks! So plan to have it painted & cleared. I'm thinking that some well placed decals & trim and I could make a white hull look good.

As for the drives, I guess struts are the way to go, since there isn't an overhang?
That's what makes sense to me, but want an experienced mind to confirm.

Also, still wondering if twin 1515s are enough for this size hull. I'm thinking that they'll do good, but want an experienced mind on this question too.
________
Buy Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

crabstick
05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I haven't built a FE Twin yet so I can't really coment, as a concept from what research I have done if I was going to twin one, Id probably go for twin scorpion 4035/800kv on 8s each.. not huge dollars involved then and the outrunners draw reasonably low amps apparently, but good performance for your dollar

OshkoshMono
05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Aeromarine doesn't seem to be great with email, but they have always taken the time to speak with me on the phone. Might wana call them if you haven't tried and or got all your answers. Good luck!

Fluid
05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
The Avenger is a great FE hull on 10S, I don't know about lower power setups. Twin 1515s for a total of 8S is not a great racing setup - do not get the 1Y motors, too high a Kv for such a large hull. Two 1515/1.5D motors would be a better choice, although more costly. It just depends on what you want the boat to do and how much you are willing to pay for reliability.

Like all Aeromarine hulls it comes in a variety of gel coat colors including white - no need to paint.

tth
05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I will be running twin 2215/2y motors with Schultze 40/160 controllers in my Avenger Pro. It is the boat in my avatar. Will run 10s to start with the move to 12s after it gets tuned. I know its overkill but I want power that I really dont have to use.

FighterCat57
05-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys! That was just the information I was looking for!

Looks like I'll need more power & motor for this hull, so will experiment with HV on another project and come back to this once I get it figured out.

BTW- no diss on Aeromarine for the short answers, I'm sure they are more focused on the product than wasting time on silly email questions.... A good product will sell itself.
________
FORD MUSTANG SVO SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVO)