PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 40c 4000 mAHr 4 cell?

Eric Bourlet
05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Has anyone run the Turnigy 40c 4000 4 cell packs? They come with 8AWG wire 5mm connectors and look good. Was wondering if anyone has run a UL1 motor powered setup on them yet. Or if anyone has tested the internal resistance of the cells .

detox
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I have four of those packs that I have not used yet. IMO the 8mm wires are overkill. How do you check internal resistance?

Eric Bourlet
05-19-2010, 01:13 AM
I have four of those packs that I have not used yet. IMO the 8mm wires are overkill. How do you check internal resistance?

It's not 8mm it's 8 awg. and FWIW the maximum recommended current for 8 gage wire if you were to follow the AWG chart for chassis wiring is 73 Amps. The larger the wire the less the resistance. I know that my boat with a UL-1 motor draws between 84 and 90 amps while running. I'll gladly carry the extra wire to save on losses in smaller wire and poor connectors. Many chargers measure the cells internal resistance, I do not have one that does but was hoping someone here did.

RayR
05-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Eric,

I have several of those packs. good packs, but poor solder connections on the factory installed bullets.

All the best,

Ray

Eric Bourlet
05-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Eric,

I have several of those packs. good packs, but poor solder connections on the factory installed bullets.

All the best,

Ray

I just had 2 show up and the solder on the connectors was done well. I did change them to Castle because the pre installed connectors were not as tight as the Castle ones were. I will be running them this weekend.