PDA

View Full Version : Hydra 120

King Swift
09-30-2007, 05:27 AM
I have a hydra 120 I,m using a 3 cell lipo battery ar 11.1volts I,m new to fast electrics on the battery side i have 2 deans connectors on the one side I have a deans connector and a red and purple wire ( Whats positive and whats negative) on the other side I have a deans connector and a black and purple wire(what is positive and what is negative) I also have another 3 cell lipo battery .WhAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION TO HOOK THIS UP? Also what should I set the default cuttoff to, for nimh its 5.0 v for lipo what is the suggestion .I also past ran the cooling tube first through the speed control continued the tubing though to the cooling coil on the brushless engine then out through the water out take is the recomended or should I make a seperate in take and out take for each seperately.I DO NOT WANT TO FRY THIS SPEED CONTROL. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. :doh:

andym
09-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Ok I dont quite understand what your saying about the wires but here goes. Battery side if you want to use deans put a male deans on esc T part positive. Motor side use bullet connectors 5.5 are the way to go. I use these on the battery side to. Bullets on the three motor wires and they join together. If running backwards just swap a wire. Cutoff should be set at 3.2 volts per cell to be on the safe side. Water sounds right, through esc around motor and out. If you want to use bullets on your batteries use female for positive and male for negative and of course this is reversed on the esc. This is so you cannot connect reverse polarity and with the female on Pos and heat shrinked very hard to short battery. Hope this helps.

Fluid
09-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Anyone with a computer can go to Castle's site and read/download the instructions - they describe things very well.

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/hydra_user_guide.pdf