PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Cat Gen2

SJFE
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I am trying this again. I am coming at it from a diffrent angle. I have a new Scat 21 hull, witch I am going to install a modified steerable outdrive on. I also took a completely diffent direction on the power system. Brushless this time. I found a 60amp water cooled reversable esc. I ordered a FeigaoL-15 turn motor @ 1640kvm. I will be s3-2p @ 18000 to 20000 rpm. IMO this will be a very mild setup almost = to a 27 turn brushed system but more efficient. I made this choice because of the 12c packs and 60amp esc. In parallel I would be able to pull about 60 continuous out of them. But with this setup on a small prop I will be no where close. Raido systems DSS of course a stsnderd servo will do fine. I am going to make a removable catch/pushbar. I don't want to hack this hull up. It is going to be reconfigured for somthing else after I get an apache to take over the recovery duties. I will have the first pictures up later today. Work begins Tuesday evening.

SJFE
09-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Update. I just scored a 45x12 piece of carbon fiber cloth. I will be laminating the inside of the lower and upper hull section with it. That should stiffen it up some.

Doug Smock
09-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Update. I just scored a 45x12 piece of carbon fiber cloth. I will be laminating the inside of the lower and upper hull section with it. That should stiffen it up some.

Are you sure???? It will be harder to smash $hit out of it.:w00t: he he he

I'm sorry bud, I tried to leave it alone.:D
You know I love ya!:smile:

Good luck with your build.:wink:

Doug

SJFE
09-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Nothing a match and some lighter fluid can't solve:buttrock:

SJFE
09-30-2007, 12:07 PM
I had a few minutes to do some very early motor placment. In the past I had liked to put the motors up front and with little angle downward. I was playing with the idea of a short stuffing tube. But I am unsure if it will work out. I plan on modifieing the outdrive as Steven did with his BJ26. Where the cable runs directly to the strut & propshaft with no Ujoints. I will have to play with the placement quite a bit.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC01168.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC01169.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC01172.jpg

SJFE
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I got to play with my saw tonight. I cut a transom doubler and started to lay out stringers. I got the hight figured out for the first couple inches but they need to be 2 or 3 inches longer. Then I can intergrate the motor mount into the structure. Once I have them laid out I will be @ a stand still until my carbon fiber cloth gets here. The srtingers will get epoxied in with the CF. I hope it's here soon.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC01175.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC01176.jpg

kck741
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Looks good how do you like your new saw?

SJFE
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
The new saw is great Thanks! Last night I laminated the tunnel with birch due to the fact my woven cf wasent here yet. I also cant see waisting such expensive material on a sport boat. So of course today the carbon fiber was on the porch. I am glad I didn't hold out for it. This stuff is extreamly thick. It will come in verry handy on the MTI. Tonight I will be attempting to set the motor mount and drive line. Possibly join the hull. I may have to scrap using the DR mount because of clearence. I have to mount the motor on an angle or the bends in the stuffing tube will be way to sharp. I will have to fab a mount out of ply and aluminum angle I guess. The problem with the whole motorr mount is the 15L is still in transit. So I am using a 600 in it's place for alinment. It's close to the same size. Pics are comming. Batteries dead in the camera and I can't find the charger.

SJFE
10-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Well after 2 hours of angeling the motor & moving it back fourth I discovered it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the alinment I need with this small hull. WTF??? So I am going to try a scat 26 now. Keeping the tug and just dealing with lugging it in and out of the house and truck is sounding like it was a better idea every day:cursing: . Now I am set back another 10 days or so on this project. Lucky for me I have another one going to keep me busy.

Jeepers
10-06-2007, 06:50 PM
bend the aluminum motor mount as well.

I like the quality of those mounts but are not the most user friendly. I built a hydro with one of those mounts and had to bend the motor mount to get my angle right. just be careful as you can break it.

Diegoboy
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
bend the aluminum motor mount as well.

I like the quality of those mounts but are not the most user friendly. I built a hydro with one of those mounts and had to bend the motor mount to get my angle right. just be careful as you can break it.

...too late!
He's sending it to me!! :tongue_smilie:

Jeepers
10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
...too late!
He's sending it to me!! :tongue_smilie:

never mind then!

SJFE
10-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks Jeepers. I had it proped up on the angle in wich I was gona bend it. Nothing doing there. I came at if from just about every angle. I really give up on this idea. At the end of the month when the apache comes out I'll just buy one of those. I'll allready have the brushless motor, esc & lipos ready to go. I should have givin up on this 2 hulls & an outboard ago.

Jeepers
10-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I had the same problem when I built my dads Scat Cat 26, I had to bend the mount and cut various degrees of wedges to get my angle the way i wanted it. talk about a major pain in the @$$! I almost stomped it like you did!

SJFE
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
I feel your pain brotha.