PDA

View Full Version : FDM Force 22 Offshore - Dual Outboards

Darin Jordan
09-29-2007, 01:57 AM
OK guys... I got the second EP-1 from Tom in the mail today (THANKS TOM! THAT WAS FAST!!)....

After getting a lot of progress done on my OPC Tunnel, I decided to see what this little Force 22 Offshore hull would look like with twin Outboards...

I was going to give this to AndyM, but shipping to Australia made that prohibitive, and since it's not really worth much on the open market, I figured I might as well put it to use!

So, here are some mock-up shots... Believe it or not, I think I can get a really good CG by placing the batteries forward in the nose... Not sure what that does to the handling, but that's how my AquaCraft ProFisherman was, and it handled great...

I think they actually look pretty scale on this hull... And there is plenty of room for mounting all the hardware...

Should actually be a simple build... Just have to install a steering servo, and some reinforcement to the transom (which will be incorporated in the Steering servo mount...), and the rest is detail and support systems...

So, what do you think??? Let's hear you thoughts, good or bad, now, before I get too far on this thing...

Steven Vaccaro
09-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Looks so cool. Just like I envisioned the Raider. But the open cockpit of the force makes it look even more 1980's. I love it!! You just need some Crocket and Tubs drivers :buttrock:

saleens7
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
i think it looks crazy (VIDS VIDS VIDS VIDS VIDS!!!!!!!)

looks more like two motors with some puny little peice of ABS hangin on to them....lol

Eyekandyboats
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
So, what do you think??? Let's hear you thoughts, good or bad, now, before I get too far on this thing...

I think you need a better pair of glasses because that doesn't look like a cat to me !

but it looks good. have fun !

SJFE
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
BRAVO!!! I love it. Now get it in action!!! :D

andym
09-30-2007, 12:58 AM
If you can get the balance right and the little bit of ABS to stay on the water should be fun, what motors and power supply?

Darin Jordan
09-30-2007, 01:13 AM
If you can get the balance right and the little bit of ABS to stay on the water should be fun, what motors and power supply?

I'm leaning initially towards a pair of 19-Turn Orion Revolution V2 motors on either 2S or 3S Lipos (thinking of 3S....)... I need to do some testing and see what motors I have in my motor box before I'll know for sure... I'm pretty sure I have a pair of 15-turn motors as well... which might be interesting...

I have a couple of other projects to do before I worry too much about this one... But I'll tinker on it while I'm waiting for other things to dry, etc...

andym
09-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Yep Darin the ideas are endless the work is always happening and the enjoyment is unlimited, if your work space is anything like mine. Now back to the SS hydro

andym
09-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Oh and 15 turn on 2s sounds very interesting.

Darin Jordan
09-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh and 15 turn on 2s sounds very interesting.

Maybe with counter-rotating X430s... ;)

andym
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
You have to build it now you know!! HA HA cant wait to see the vid of a self destructing ABS missile!!

Eodman
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey Darin now that you have the EP!'s tell me can you pull the lettering off the upper housing! I'd liked to replace them with Mercury lettering if I can find them!

Anybody khow of a place?

Darin Jordan
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Darin now that you have the EP!'s tell me can you pull the lettering off the upper housing!

YES, the lettering is just stickers...

I've seen some where people had the Mercury stickers... but have no idea where they got them...