PDA

View Full Version : Gas Sport Hydro Kit FE ????

dropps
05-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Need your Help Whip 40 FE

Hey guys. My name is Jens, I ’am 32 year old and live in Germany near (100 km away) Frankfurt. Normally I ‘am used to build FE boats like MHZ Mystic and HPR ct 03. The HPR is quite fast, but only on a straight line. Going round corners at 100 mph is not he normal use of this boat. Last month I saw some whiplash 40 (wood version and the GV Version) going round tight corners like hell. Always full throttle, always. No matter how tight the corner was, that really impressed me. For that reason I decided to build a Whip 40 FE. I asked Brain to give me some advice concerning my idea. He told me to ask here in this forum. Good idea 

So, here is my idea. Just let me know what you think about it and if this idea is realizable.

Hull: Gas Sport Hydro Kit (http://www.blazermarine.com/cart.php...uct_detail&p=6)
Motor: 2230 Steve Neu 1 Y
Batteries: 10s2p Zippy Flightmax (maybe 4 times 5s1p 5000 mAh 40C)
Rudder and Drive: I have no idea…
Cowl: need to create my own cowl I think.
ESC Schulze 40/160 or 32/170
Speed: at least 80 mph.

I really have no Idea if it will work or not. Please give me some advice and tell me what you think about this idea. Maybe you could tell me something about the weight, the centre of gravity or the motors and lipos you use in your whip.

Best regards: Jens

Fluid
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Some guys in the club have made a similar boat for Open Hydro running with the gas guys. They started with the wooden GAS hydro kit, not the smaller Sport 40 kit. The hardware was SpeedMaster gas hydro parts. With a Neu 2215/1Y, big Schulze, 10-S2P/5000mAh packs and an x465 prop they are now in the low 70s. Position the motor and packs as far forward as practical to keep the CG a few inches behind the sponsons. The photo is of a Sport 40 by the same builder, he used the same layout for the big boat.

It runs very well but they have a ways to go with the tuning. 80 mph may be achievable - but perhaps not in rough race water.

http://i40.tinypic.com/xgguj8.jpg