PDA

View Full Version : Help With Futaba 3PM 2.4 MX Transmitter

D&D
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm really new with electric boats and the new equipment today. I thought that I was about ready for a test run within the next couple of days and then I did some final testing.

First here is my setup Futaba 2.4G MX transmitter hook to a Castle Hydra HV 180 to run a NEU 1515.1Y. I setup the Castle ESC using the Castle Link software and everything went OK there. I tested my throttle at that time and was getting a steady light on the ESC at full throttle. Now in my final test, everything hooked up, when I powered up the receiver and turned on the transmitter the motor began to run immediately. As I pulled the trigger to full throttle, the motor turned off, when I released the trigger the motor ran again, and when I pushed the trigger to the "brake" side the motor rpm increased (apparently full throttle). I'm thinking that I have some setting on the transmitter set incorrectly. Is any one familiar with this setup that could give me some ideas?

Chilli
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Dennis did you calibrate the controller to your transmitter?

knpc
05-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I use the same radio with my hv240 and lv240. I think you need to set the throttle reverse to ON and make sure the throttle epa is at 120%. I would make those changes, then recalibrate the radio to the ESC and you should be good to go.

I had the same problem until I found out about the throttle reverse.

D&D
05-06-2010, 07:41 PM
OK, the problem seems to be calibrating the transmitter to the ESC. I don't remember reading about that in my Castle instructions or Futuba? I'll look up the throttle reverse "stuff" again, but calibrating??????

D&D
05-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh yea, there it is under IMPORTANT NOTE: in all red letters "CALIBRATION", duh!

knpc
05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
3.0 Calibrating the HYDRA™ to YOUR transmitter:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Calibration is required for the very first use of the
HYDRA™ or whenever used with a new/different transmitter.
The HYDRA™ contains a throttle calibration feature that you'll want to use the first
time you power it up with a new/different transmitter. Performing this exercise will
teach the controller how your transmitter works.
• Disconnect battery
• Hold full throttle on your transmitter
• Connect battery
• HYDRA HV™ flashes LED and rings once
• Wait 2 seconds
• HYDRA HV™ flashes LED and rings 4 times indicating full throttle
measured
• HYDRA HV™ flashes LED while beeping, indicating it's time to push full
brake
• Push full brake
• Wait 1 second
• HYDRA HV™ flashes LED and rings 4 times indicating full brake