PDA

View Full Version : BBY Oval Master with Flood Chamber

obrien008
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Im looking to start a new build, well actually I am looking to remodel my old Oval Master. I run my boats alot on Lake Erie with some pretty serious waves, way more then just chop so I would like to install a flood chamber in this one. I saw that a few people have made a flood chamber on this hull.

I plan on running a 540 13XL on 5s or 6s with a Speedmaster stinger and rudder.
I want to use this setup to save some money as all I will have to buy is the stinger.

Does anyone have any pictures or suggestions on how to make the flood chamber?

m4a1usr
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Theres a thread on RC Groups about building flood chambers. Some pretty good stuff. I always wanted to build one into a hull I already owned but just never got past the cutting up a hull.

John

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006894&highlight=flood+chamber

obrien008
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks m4 i was just looking at that, dosent look too hard, I dont want to cut up a hull either but im just doing it to an old one atleast. Its pretty beat up though I might actually have to order a new one. Maybe after I see how it works out on this one first though....

My main worry is that it flips and dosent roll all the way back over, that would just ruin my day... Ill just have to over size my chamber.

RandyatBBY
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
I can help you on the chamber. I have a template that I use to put them in my boats. I could snail mail one to you or if I can post a picture for you to blow up to the right size. this is a link to my boat.
http://www.dmwb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104&sid=29760b9542ea5d5222b4bb9292998e90

obrien008
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Thatd be great Randy, thanks. Come to think of it I might just order a new one, this thing has more cracks in it then I remembered, ntm I built this thing as one of my first electrics back in the 9th grade so some pretty shotty workmansship. Imma send you a pm, thanks