PDA

View Full Version : iphones

ozzie-crawl
05-01-2010, 02:12 AM
okay they have been out a few years now but i only got one a couple months ago.
they have some amazing features,thought people mite like to share what apps and features are there favourite.
i have been using mine as a remote mouse and key board for my lap top
works surprisingly well :banana:

ED66677
05-01-2010, 05:58 AM
NTR control, install on your PC and control it from where ever you are with your Iphone! turn on the cam to see what going on at home, remote helping...
have you seen that little RC heli controlled via an Iphone?

Amazing "phone"!

BHChieftain
05-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Now that you have an iphone, you can get this app!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3KrFV0-WFw&feature=player_embedded

-Chief

ED66677
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
and now that the new Iphone4 is multitask... can we fly few of them at the same time? :rofl:

Diesel6401
06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't have a crackberry, I'm a android OS guy (gotta love google) but this is one of the coolest vids ive seen. Please watch the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

ED66677
06-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't have a crackberry, I'm and android OS guy (gotta love google) but this is one of the coolest vids if seen. Please watch the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

Incredible!

westbeach
06-09-2010, 01:03 PM
That is sweet. Thanks for the link! :thumbup:

QUOTE=Diesel6401;193611]I don't have a crackberry, I'm a android OS guy (gotta love google) but this is one of the coolest vids ive seen. Please watch the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY[/QUOTE]

Diesel6401
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't have a crackberry, I'm a android OS guy (gotta love google) but this is one of the coolest vids ive seen. Please watch the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

So whos going to be the first person on the forum to drive a FE boat with their cell phone...lol :banana:

ED66677
06-09-2010, 02:07 PM
So whos going to be the first person on the forum to drive a FE boat with their cell phone...lol :banana:
where can we get the necessary stuff to do it?

Diesel6401
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
where can we get the necessary stuff to do it?

No clue, but I would love to see someone figure it out. Obviously it can be done, just at what cost...

:popcorn2:

Steven Vaccaro
06-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I think the key is having wifi. Otherwise I've read the distance from the iphone to the controlled item is very short.

Ctonez
06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
hey, that vid looks familiar...
They state it's done via bluetooth in the Mclaren model, but no doubt there are some sophisticated (and expensive) trancievers/responders or similar system onboard the full size car. The engineers were probably testing that system to do the demonstration...otherwise I can't see any other reason to indulge themselves with a multi-million dollar machine.
Prehaps coming up with a wifi data transfer solution is capable of being smaller and lighter weight than conventional systems...?

Ever since seeing that vid it has had me pondering why they'd do such a risky thing? Many I've talked to don't even think it is real, like other realistic spoofed stunt vids.
Looks real to me.

Ctonez
06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
An app I really like is called ForzaTune for Forza Motorsports 3 on Xbox360.
I am an avid console race-sim driver...got the seat, got the wheel and pedals, the whole geeky deal.
Until the F1 game comes out, I am a Forza3 fiend. For those not familiar with the game, it lets you tweak everything on the cars from tire pressure to camber, gear ratios to downforce levels...everything.
ForzaTune app lets you input certain variables on the car (AWD/FWD/RWD, weight, tire width) and gives you a really solid and detailed baseline suspension setup. It can also give you gear ratios based on power to weight and other settings. Amazingly helpful when tuning 100+ cars.

Diesel6401
06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
hey, that vid looks familiar...
They state it's done via bluetooth in the Mclaren model, but no doubt there are some sophisticated (and expensive) trancievers/responders or similar system onboard the full size car. The engineers were probably testing that system to do the demonstration...otherwise I can't see any other reason to indulge themselves with a multi-million dollar machine.
Prehaps coming up with a wifi data transfer solution is capable of being smaller and lighter weight than conventional systems...?

Ever since seeing that vid it has had me pondering why they'd do such a risky thing? Many I've talked to don't even think it is real, like other realistic spoofed stunt vids.
Looks real to me.

I think it's real for one reason, think of the crazy stuff we do when we are bored. Now think of the stuff people with a whole lot of money and resources do when they are bored, call it R&D and no one in the corporate office will question it... :beerchug:

AndyKunz
06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
There's an app that generates a PPM stream. It's intended for airplanes using the sensor to control ailerons and elevator. You can skip the elevator channel.

Since few (if any, I can't think of one) pistol radios come with a trainer jack, you'll have to connect it to a stick radio to drive. It would work, but I wouldn't drive a hot boat with it.

The video I saw uses a flight sim.

Andy

westbeach
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Link please Andy! :bounce:

There's an app that generates a PPM stream. It's intended for airplanes using the sensor to control ailerons and elevator. You can skip the elevator channel.

Since few (if any, I can't think of one) pistol radios come with a trainer jack, you'll have to connect it to a stick radio to drive. It would work, but I wouldn't drive a hot boat with it.

The video I saw uses a flight sim.

Andy

crabstick
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/x5m/2009/g_meter.html

This is a good app. BMW Power meter, G sensor, speed from the GPS etc

I got a blackberry bold, had an iphone, but the mrs uses it now as i have ipod touch.. which is also great, but doesnt have the gps

electric
06-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Would love to see an app for my Eagle Tree Data Logger on the Iphone. Imagine, just dumping it down to your Iphone in the field rather than a laptop.

westbeach
06-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Now you're talking. With telemetry. :bowdown:

Would love to see an app for my Eagle Tree Data Logger on the Iphone. Imagine, just dumping it down to your Iphone in the field rather than a laptop.

electric
06-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I have done a lot of software coding in my day, and I noticed that the data logger provides you a nice raw file of data. Maybe if I get time this summer I might look into it....... I would first need to be able to get some wiring set up from a data logger plug to the Iphone plug which I know absolutely nothing about.