PDA

View Full Version : Widowmaker Turning

chad
04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey guys,
Been lurkin around a while and looking at the old posts. I bought a used Widowmaker that was stock, except the previous owner filled the hull with expandable foam, and put it on the hatch. I was battling the awful bounce this thing has in stock trim. So I made a couple trim tabs and bent my turn fins in at the bottom. This solved the bounce problem. But, I still cant get this thing to turn at anything above 1/4 throttle. It sways back and forth like it wants to catch and roll. Would bending the turn fins back straight and then out work better for turning? Thought about taking them off and see what that did. One last Q, what is the max voltage this ESC can handle. I was wanting to drop a 3-cell in from my crawler (2800MAh 20C) but wasnt sure if it would handle it. The manual just says 7.2 - 7.4v but Pro Boat makes another ESC that looks identical with the same Amp rating and it will handle 12v.
Thanks
Chad
Indy, IN

http://youtu.be/yB7JROY3yTw

OshkoshMono
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I think you're correct on the ESC, but have not tried it yet in mine. It's a spaz on 2s so...
Ya it likes to turn like a Geo Metro with a for F-250 strapped to the roof doesn't it? I'd sure like the boat a lot more if it would stay upright...

solidsnake454
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
ok i like where he was going i thought about taking my turn fins off too so i loosened the bolts and lifted the fins out of the water the boat turned great untill the edge of the bow diped into the water and the turn fin caught instant roll over im going to take them off and then try out the handling again i had 3/4 throttle turning running extra light with a seaking 35a esc 1500mAh 25c 3s lipo looked faster than 30mph but no gps to tell will let you know and post pics of the setup in a few days too cold to swim after it again lol :)