PDA

View Full Version : Computer printer, who's the best?

Steven Vaccaro
04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Ok, I need a new printer. I'm looking at the HP m2727, because I own one and its great. But after a recent purchase from HP, I cringe when I think of HP support. Its poor at best. Does anyone have any opinions of other printer companies support out there?

Darin Jordan
04-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok, I need a new printer. I'm looking at the HP m2727, because I own one and its great. But after a recent purchase from HP, I cringe when I think of HP support. Its poor at best. Does anyone have any opinions of other printer companies support out there?

Steven,

Not a business printer, but we have a Canon MP620 I think it is... FANTASTIC printer... I'm a HUGE fan of Canon...

befu
04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
We have also had exceptional luck with canon ink jet printers. The only issue lately is thier ink jets now have a computer chip in them so you have to buy thiers. There is a way around it, I just found it is not worth it as the originals do not cost much.

Brian

crabstick
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
HP or Fuji for me.

I work as an IT Consultant and have no issues dealing with HP support.. I am a HP reseller and Site, I normally just demand replacement parts etc and get them with few questions asked. May not be the same experience for normal end users.

If I wanted extra work I probably would sell brands like Lexmark, and Oki as they seem to break a lot, quite often I will install an HP printer and thats the last I hear of it because generally "they just work"

There are different departments depending on the type of hardware, what was the product that you recently had a bad customer service experience from HP ?

What are you using the printer for Steven? I might be able to suggest a few to look at.

JimClark
04-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Not so I found generics with chips on on the tanks

These guy's
http://myworld.ebay.com/discount_inkjet&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID

We have also had exceptional luck with canon ink jet printers. The only issue lately is thier ink jets now have a computer chip in them so you have to buy thiers. There is a way around it, I just found it is not worth it as the originals do not cost much.

Brian

Flying Scotsman
04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Canon

Douggie

alvinsmith75
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Steven,

Not a business printer, but we have a Canon MP620 I think it is... FANTASTIC printer... I'm a HUGE fan of Canon...

I have the same printer and love it. Had a HP and currently use HP laptop, but as for printers I love the Canon. One thing I do hate about HP is all of their software. It seams that HP software is always wanting to connect to the internet and update.