PDA

View Full Version : I want to build a battleship

Mskiin
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I Was wondering where is a good place to start in building a scale model use Arizona. Should I buy a static shelf model and work from that? Or is there places to buy rc kits. I tried googling but didn't have much luck for under 1000 dollars thanks in advance

Pete

j.m.
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
There are some scale RC battleships out there, but it's usually all home built. If you can get a view of each bulkhead in the ship you can work from that. Maybe make a mold or just build the hull the way RC sailboats are made.

Jon

Mskiin
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
How are rc sail oats built? Lol what should I search for in the forum to find outmore? Once I figure this out I'll post pics when I get started same forthemiss Vegas I'm doin.

Once I get the hull built can I use parts from a static model kit? Or make that waterproof? Can that be done or is it not recomended

Doug Smock
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
How are rc sail oats built? Lol what should I search for in the forum to find outmore? Once I figure this out I'll post pics when I get started same forthemiss Vegas I'm doin.

Once I get the hull built can I use parts from a static model kit? Or make that waterproof? Can that be done or is it not recomended

Check out what Chris has done http://webpages.charter.net/rctallship/

Doug