PDA

View Full Version : radio issue with elam solved

dana
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
ok so anyone with an elam may have had this problem, when running the boat will just stop working...then when you retreive it ,open it up,disconnect the batteries and reconnect them everything works again. i discovered it would stop when i went into a turn, heres what i found. the servo arm for the rudder was hitting the crystal on the receiver and after time loosened it up so much that the crystal would loose connection and the whole radio stopped working, until i unplugged and replugged the batteries in. lame. to fix it i took the reciever out of the plastic holder, soldered the damn crystal in and then dipped the receiver in epoxy and threw the stupid little black plastic box it was in away. problem solved!

Steven Vaccaro
04-26-2010, 09:52 PM
ok so anyone with an elam may have had this problem, when running the boat will just stop working...then when you retreive it ,open it up,disconnect the batteries and reconnect them everything works again. i discovered it would stop when i went into a turn, heres what i found. the servo arm for the rudder was hitting the crystal on the receiver and after time loosened it up so much that the crystal would loose connection and the whole radio stopped working, until i unplugged and replugged the batteries in. lame. to fix it i took the reciever out of the plastic holder, soldered the damn crystal in and then dipped the receiver in epoxy and threw the stupid little black plastic box it was in away. problem solved!

Thanks for the info. I suggest sending that to Proboat. It may help someone else in the future.

dana
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
youre welcome. i hope it helps someone. i have no idea how to get in touch with proboat...but they should know of this. i was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why it kept stopping lol

AndyKunz
04-27-2010, 08:50 AM
I'll forward the thread. Thanks!

Andy