PDA

View Full Version : it's here!!! it's here!!! and coming to scalp you....

skidooguymxz550
09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
our new winter build showed up much quicker than i thought

it's a 50" aeromarine apache

in the pics are a highlift body and a wallet for size reference

plans for her

twin 2.5hp brushless. twin struts
twin rudders
2 hydra 240's
40 cells
and a bad ass paint job

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/skidooguymxz/100_0403.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/skidooguymxz/100_0402.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/skidooguymxz/100_0401.jpg

SJFE
09-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Yup it's BIG LOL. What paint is going on it?

skidooguymxz550
09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
not sure yet, were thinking something oldshool though

kck741
09-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Dude that thing is a monster

Steven Vaccaro
09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Looks good on the granite counter!

skidooguymxz550
09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Looks good on the granite counter!

thanks!!!! btw the dude in the background is my dad. he pays for and drives sometimes.

my mom loves it but she's wondering were we are going to keep the beast

thanks for selling it to us steve. this build should turn some heads when she launches off our swim platform at the beach

skidooguymxz550
12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
time for a little update, i have the drives, motormounts and props
-speedmaster struts
-63mm carbon props (counter rotators of course)
-ose motor mounts

now the question is what rudder(s)? I was thinking this one mounted
on center--

4" set back
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-rud-dualpu

any comments on it? i want to be able to have equal turning in both directions

txboatpilot
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Looks great!!! Aeromarine makes some tough hulls!! What motors will you use? I am about to build a Aeromarine Conquest Cat 43".... Should make some great winter projects!!

skidooguymxz550
12-12-2007, 11:45 PM
thats a good looking boat also. i plan on using either kb45xl's or the new "big boy" motors steven's advertising.

treystoys
12-13-2007, 03:02 AM
That hull has always been one of my favorites. My first experience was back when I was running zenoah gas boats, a guy had one done up with a quickdraw...just plain nice! Lets see some shots when the hardware is on

skidooguymxz550
02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
the drives are finally on. I went with them spaced pretty close due to my planned props are already huge so i figure i won't be going bigger and i want to keep the drives in the water when turning.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/skidooguymxz/100_0410-1.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/skidooguymxz/100_0411-1.jpg

for perspective, i put my dads 31" challenger in the shot to show just how big this thing really is.

now the question is rudder(s)

i am trying to decide between one ruddur on center with about a 6" setback or two rudders with 6" setbacks, one behind each prop

Avanti
02-02-2008, 11:12 PM
from what I've read with the r/c boat you don't want the rudder behind the prop
keep it to the side of the prop
one big one in the center should be good
keep the pics coming, it's looking good

Yeeharacing
02-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Suggestion for paint:
Apache Bandit, Warpaint, and Team Apache.

All three the same exact boat just different paint during it's life.
Real boat is currently listed for sale at www.teamwarpaint.com.

Yeeharacing
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
A couple more
Litlle Caesars and INXS

INXS is always my favorite... Their fountain hull looked the best in this paint scheme though.

fastbaltek
02-03-2008, 05:04 AM
i like the warpaint

skidooguymxz550
02-03-2008, 09:37 AM
i've always loved the inxs fountain to. it's been converted to a poker run boat now. six buckets and three 1500hp engines

as for paint i was thinking Of the WARPATH, thats my favorite. We might do something of our own but it will deffinatly be in that style

rcmaster1029
02-03-2008, 10:06 AM
That thing is a freakin' monster!

crazzy maxx
02-03-2008, 10:16 AM
:iagree:
very big

Yeeharacing
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I do the website for the rigger and motor builder of warpaint. The team is currently racing an apache Cat with twin big blocks. Very cool boat. I've seen the boat in the apache bandit paint scheme I haven't seen the boat in the warpaint scheme. You may want to check out www.historicraceboats.com tons of information on the old boats. Not many apache's there but you could paint it as Benihana even though it really was a cigarette. Lots of these boats on that site are being restored. The engine builder I was talking about above restored Dry Martini. http://www.kurtsmarine.com/drymartini.html

skidooguymxz550
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
man there are some cool old boats there!!! classic offshore is the greatest

skidooguymxz550
02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
i just place a pretty big order.

trim tabs
cables
epoxy and glass
motor mounts

and......

the two big blocks, kb 45 10 turns

lonewolf
02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Needs a rudder huh I think I can help ya out cept one thing i dont do is water pick up rudder blades, tho I can add pick up tubes they would be ajustable.
Dave

skidooguymxz550
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
another little update....
i got some parts in and mounted up the trimtabs and assembled the flex cables. i also got the motors so this week at school its time to go to the metals shop and make some big aluminum clamp style mounts on the mill.

justneedspeed
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
them motors look huge. Nice build it look awesome when its done

Eyekandyboats
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
what size flex shafts are you running ?
i hope 1/4 inch stubs step'd down
or at lease .187

peells
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Don't try painting it on that counter top ma ma will have your rear on a spit. And are you doing your own painting? I can't wait to see it when it is finished,
it sounds like a screamer take a video.

Pete

skidooguymxz550
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
what size flex shafts are you running ?
i hope 1/4 inch stubs step'd down
or at lease .187

.150 not big enough but i've seen this motor and cell count on this cable. The boat probally wieghed half what this will though so i'll switch to .187 when theese break.

thanks for the kind words others.

as for paint we plan on having the sides gelcoated to color match our real boat

Yeeharacing
02-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Skidoo
Would you mind getting some measurements for me?
Are those the Speedmaster struts?

Could you measure from where the drivedog meets the prop to the transom
Also i need a measurement of the height of the strut. (footprint on the transom side)

Rick

skidooguymxz550
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
sure can... i'll do it tonight sometime

skidooguymxz550
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
finally updated time, we just ordered 2 5000mah 6s lipos to power the beast and a hyperion dou charger. now all we are waiting on is mamba monsters to be in stock somewhere!:cursing:

peells
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
You had better equip it with ailerons and an elevator cause that thing is going to fly (you already have a rudder)

skidooguymxz550
07-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Thats the plan, to fly..........from wave to wave!:rockon2: i thought of a name for her, i was listento tim mcgraw on the radio and indian outlaw came to mind!:buttrock:

Assocracer
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Any updates on the build? What motors are those? I'm trying to figure out what motor to use for the hull that i have. 44 inch shallow hull, real sleek looking. I'll take pictures of it when i get it from my parents house.

Viking
08-03-2008, 08:08 AM
It looks great, I can't wait to see the paint job. About 18 years ago I was racing that same hull with a CMB 90 racing nitro motor in the Key West Off Shore races, club races. I beat all those unlimited cats for the championship that year. She is dusty sitting on a shelf. I'm doing electric boats now, terrific to see a new one and going electric.
I am working on a scaled down version of that hull 36" Made the mold and have one hull, working on the deck and a second hull today.

peells
08-03-2008, 10:54 AM
That is some project, did you make a male and female mold so you can clamp the two together? or is that necessary? It looks like you spent quite a bit of time with all the details, you do nice work.

Viking
08-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I took the mesaurements from my 50" Apache and scaled them down. Then I built a plank of frame boat, fiberglassed that, and then made a mold from that boat. WAY Cheaper to just buy one, IF one existed, I always wanted to do this anyway.
Today I am looking at my old Apache and making the mock up for the deck, similar not a close copy, so I can make a mold of that.
I started another boat today I had the mold for the hull all ready, I sprayed a coat of mold release on it yesterday. I just finished spraying the Gel Coat in the mold. I still need to get a layer of fiber glass in there tonight and another tomorrow.
Lots of work left on the deck and then there is the hatch. But I am having fun. I ordered a motor and OSE went on vacation, no mater, I ordered a speed control from Hong Kong, they should get here about the same time, in a week or so. I have a week for the deck.
Thanks for the compliment, It isn't perfect but for a first try, it sure is pretty.

skidooguymxz550
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
It looks great, I can't wait to see the paint job. About 18 years ago I was racing that same hull with a CMB 90 racing nitro motor in the Key West Off Shore races, club races. I beat all those unlimited cats for the championship that year. She is dusty sitting on a shelf. I'm doing electric boats now, terrific to see a new one and going electric.
I am working on a scaled down version of that hull 36" Made the mold and have one hull, working on the deck and a second hull today.

thankyou, ive been following ur build two and i love it, i'm a huge fan of the old apache race boats, in my opinion for the deck you should make it like the three man 41'. absolute beautys, fast and considered the best in rough water

Viking
08-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I have a hatch built with the 2 driver/throttle man and 2 engine hatches with air scoop. It is only the hatch, if I can build another hatch with the 3 man set up.
this has been a great build so far.
I'll post a photo of the mock ups on my thread
Thanks for the compliment
John

skidooguymxz550
05-04-2009, 05:36 PM
this thing made several runs last year with no issues at all. it was fast big and stable and likes the cog very far back. it only blows out a prop in sharp corners. everything stayed touchable at the end of a 2 minute run for about 5 seconds. on the last run one battery went to far down to 15 volts but they are good to 12 and start at like 21. my problem is my charger wont put a charge back into them. does anyone have one that will?

bustitup
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
common man where's the paint job pics and the interior?

EPower
05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
will be Interesting to see if those KB 45 can push this big baby along what kv are they ?

Eodman
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
When I was young 40 years ago we had a pleasure boat with a black Merc on the back of it! But not the object of this story.

The distributor that supplied Mercury engines in & around Orange County New York raced an offshore hull made by Dorset also a distributor for Dorset and off the tail of this baby were hung 3 Merc's raced prepped by Carl K. I wish i could tell you the size Merc's but to many years ... just don't remember! But this puppy would flat fly!

The guy that owned it - Paul Milkie(New Vernon Marine) drove and had a throttle man the boat was called the "Dorset Tiger".

Anyway they used to test run it on the lake where our summer home was! Swinging Bridge Reservoir was the name of the lake, about 9 miles long so they could let her run and it was only 45 minutes from their shop!

I had the opportunity to meet Carl K. and he always had time to answer stupid questions from young guys. Why are the motors tilted out ... why two blades ... how come you have three blades on this time - well you get the drift. He was a real nice guy.

He could do things with those Mercs that Paul & his mechanics couldn't!

To this day I can still recognize a Merc being turned over .... its like an AK 47 ... it has a very distinct sound!

Punisher 67
05-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Kool build there young fella......:thumbup1: , I have a 3080 powered 57" Apache and love the big mono's . I would like to tag along on your build