PDA

View Full Version : Battery pack with receiver

Eodman
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Is there an advantage of running a boat with a seperate battery pack(4 aa's) on your receiver over pulling power from your main Nimh's?

JimClark
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Ya way less glitching

Eodman
09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm running Spektrum transmitters so glich shouldn't be a problem! at least thats what I was told!

Flying Scotsman
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes, if you want to remove possible glitching problems and it is nescesary for ESC's when you run over their BEC voltage... normally 12-15V or 12 NIMH cells/3lipo. I remove BEC on all ESC's and use 5cell NIMH receiver packs.

Flying Scotsman
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm running Spektrum transmitters so glich shouldn't be a problem! at least thats what I was told!

Glitching is always a problem, regardless of brand/technology transmitter and receiver. Please state if you are running brushed or brushless motors and power source

SJFE
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
I run stand alone BEC units. It is a seprate module that runs off the batteries and supplys power to the transmitter. I have never had glitching problems. I have run brudhed & brushless FM and DSS.

Flying Scotsman
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I run stand alone BEC units. It is a seprate module that runs off the batteries and supplys power to the transmitter. I have never had glitching problems. I have run brudhed & brushless FM and DSS.

Glitching problems can be caused by numerous factors such as no capacitors on a brushed motor, servo mounts. BEC wiring problems and anntenna problems