PDA

View Full Version : MRP 42" Fountain

Jesse J
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Well folks, here she is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFYj_8NbWgY)! she really likes 5S - right about 40 on the GPS. Nice and stable - unless you try to turn too sharp she will flip.

Keep in mind, I have yet to add trim tabs and turn fins, still debating whether I need - what are your thoughts?

Doby
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Very nice,,,but at about 20 seconds into the vid, it looks like your wiring/connectors were done by the "G Freak" watercooling guys:rofl:

Just messin with ya:beerchug:

It looks like a real boat at the distance the camera is at, any faster might take away from that nice scale look.

Jesse J
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Very nice,,,but at about 20 seconds into the vid, it looks like your wiring/connectors were done by the "G Freak" watercooling guys:rofl:

I do all their connectors... you like the 4P action? We got probably close to 20 minutes run time (14,4000 mah) AND the motor wasn't even water cooled (just a fan). After a good long nearly solid 10 minute run, motor was 145, but the poor himodel was 235... shrink wrap all melted off... but no smoke!! And she ran again for a glory lap when another buddy showed up late.

bigpapa
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
sweet great looking set up jesse

LiPo Power
04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice throw......:olleyes:
Nice area and I still see some snow over there.....
I have question for you Jesse:
-what camera, edit software and output video settings are you using for this video?
Thanks
Robert

Jesse J
04-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I just learned that using my Canon powershot A540 (or any camera with optical AND digital zoom) that if you set your optical zoom at max BEFORE you start and DON'T touch the optical zoom, you can do a pretty nice vid. I have rethought getting a regular video camera with all kinds of zoom, but with mine set at 4X optical and no digital, I am pretty happy.

I just got a new computer and am on Windows 7, 64 bit. It comes with a moviemaker AND happily a DVD burning software that makes the menu for you. I output the vid (only format was .wmv) at HD (720 dpi) and it took over an hour to upload to youtube.

I tried to get some nice panoramic shots - I know Bustit can use some pretty scenery now and then. It is very pretty place, especially towards sunset - perfect light for photographicating.

any other questions I don't know that I have clearance to answer...

LiPo Power
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
...is your Canon capable of recording 720P or 1080i or 1080P ( HD )?

I just learned that using my Canon powershot A540 (or any camera with optical AND digital zoom) that if you set your optical zoom at max BEFORE you start and DON'T touch the optical zoom, you can do a pretty nice vid. I have rethought getting a regular video camera with all kinds of zoom, but with mine set at 4X optical and no digital, I am pretty happy.

I just got a new computer and am on Windows 7, 64 bit. It comes with a moviemaker AND happily a DVD burning software that makes the menu for you. I output the vid (only format was .wmv) at HD (720 dpi) and it took over an hour to upload to youtube.

I tried to get some nice panoramic shots - I know Bustit can use some pretty scenery now and then. It is very pretty place, especially towards sunset - perfect light for photographicating.

any other questions I don't know that I have clearance to answer...

Rumdog
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd say it def. doesn't need trim tabs. Looks Awesome bro!

Jesse J
04-19-2010, 05:46 PM
...is your Canon capable of recording 720P or 1080i or 1080P ( HD )?

Well, I have it on hi-res: 640 by 480 pixels, so not really sure how that converts to the above dpis... maybe somebody else can help??

Thanks all; it does seem to ride pretty nice.. I don't know how much turn fins will help with the hopping and not sure I want to add to the crap hanging off the back. Bummer Rummy, the trim tabs I was gonna use are super nice and scale looking. Well, this is the main reason I didn't add all that stuff before testing.

LiPo Power
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Jesse, you have PM

Jesse J
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Good call Robert! I am now saving the same movies at standard resolution - so I will update links with the same quality but faster vids.

Brushless55
04-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks great Jesse!

damfurst
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Can't believe that's the same boat I saw a month ago--okay I can believe it cause it's you man. Looks really good. Love the sound of that Neu motor and prop too.

Jesse J
04-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Well the wind kicked up and I found 45 minutes.... Here's what happened (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIw88_G2sUE)...

Dang, she lookin good! I wish I could talk the dudes drivin into workin some trim tabs to help get up on top, but once there, she flies nice!

Rumdog
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Looks like she could use some more prop.

Jesse J
04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
I was wondering the same thing, maybe 47mm? I have a 646 I can try, but then I need to up the ESC umph... You are probably right; and as your signature indicates - you know something about this problem...

LiPo Power
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
...damn this video is so cool I wish you have made it in HD....
Yo Jesse get HD cam, some of your videos are gold.... :rockon2:
Robert

Well the wind kicked up and I found 45 minutes.... Here's what happened (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIw88_G2sUE)...

Dang, she lookin good! I wish I could talk the dudes drivin into workin some trim tabs to help get up on top, but once there, she flies nice!

Jesse J
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
OK Robert, HD cam is back on the shopping list. Then I can send you a DVD and bypass the whole degradation of quality clips shenanigans. You got a bead on a good one for least $$?

LiPo Power
04-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I am using Digital still camera with HD video. Love Sony so it's Sony but there is many brands arround. Just make sure it will do 720P resolution and you are in business... :thumbup1:
Robert

OK Robert, HD cam is back on the shopping list. Then I can send you a DVD and bypass the whole degradation of quality clips shenanigans. You got a bead on a good one for least $$?

Jesse J
05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Ran again today, had to try 6S. Eagle tree said pretty much constantly 2600 watts, and under 120 amps. see graphs attached. Specs are in vid.

here is vid. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=809Fy3HoiCY)

tth
05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I love how you trained it to do tricks!!! Watch @ 1:32 in the vid.......