PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy Monster Radio Help?

JMSCARD
04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Ok so I got my cat project mostly done.... Just need to clean up the wiring and get a fan mounted in... I think because I am "sport running" this I am just going to air cool the motor and esc.... I will keep check on temps....

But I am having a problem with programing my dx2.0 with the Turnigy Monster ESC...

I have the program box but and adjusted as I wanted and that seemed to take fine....

Problem is I can't figure out how to get the esc to learn the throttle limits of the radio....

I plugged in my Spektrum DX7 I use for my planes and It armed up fine using a ar6200 satellite reciever..... you can see in the pic that the ar6200 is in the boat..

Is it because I need a Pistix for this esc? Is it a bad Idea to run my dx7 with the boat? Will I get good reception with a satellite "air" reciever in the boat?

Thanks for all in advance.

Flying Scotsman
04-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I have the same ESC and it is a monster but I have not installed in any of my boats yet. I am under the assumption it requires a Pistix as do many of the Turnigy ESCs and this seems to be confirmed by your problem which is resolved with an airplane transmitter. The Pistix converts the number of pulses that a pistol transmitter sends to those required by an airplane ESC.

Douggie

JMSCARD
04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I thought that may be the issue.... is there any reason I shouldn't or couldn't use my dx7 "air" transmitter with a ar6200 reciever..? do you think it would work ok in a boat?

Flying Scotsman
04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
You may have a problem with range as the receiver is meant for a plane and there have been some issues with some 2.4Ghz systems in boats. I might also suggest waterproofing the receiver or spraying with Corrosion X. How long is the antenna wire? If you can get it outside the hull you should be okay

Douggie

JMSCARD
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I figure I may give it a try with the dx7..... I can run about a mile away with my ar6200 satelites and dx7 in my big planes...... just don't know how well the signal will work having to go through fiberglass?

Flying Scotsman
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Send a pm to Andy Kunz on this forum as he is the guru for Spectrum products, plus he also designed the Pistix

Douggie

JMSCARD
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the info I will do!

Flying Scotsman
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
NICE FLEET by the way

Douggie

JMSCARD
04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Thank you flying scottsman... It's about a third of my boats.... OCD:)