PDA

View Full Version : Liftmaster Rigger

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm sure most of you guys have seen a few pics of the boat in several threads.

I have a 1527 1D on order. Im planning for the first run next weekend. I will try the 1527 on 4S with the 240 Hydra and a M645.

I do have a few questions.

1. With this setup about how many amps would it pull ?

2. Can the Hydra 240 W/ cap bank handle 6S ? and how many more amps would that draw ?

Thanks Phil

RandyatBBY
04-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm sure most of you guys have seen a few pics of the boat in several threads.

I have a 1527 1D on order. Im planning for the first run next weekend. I will try the 1527 on 4S with the 240 Hydra and a M645.

I do have a few questions.

1. With this setup about how many amps would it pull ?

2. Can the Hydra 240 W/ cap bank handle 6S ? and how many more amps would that draw ?

Thanks Phil

I would not think so It was ran on 6S with a 240HV esc stick to 4S and it will be a 60 to 70MPH rocket.

Meniscus
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Phil, have you used this page? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/conversion.htm

Hope this helps.

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I do like the calc tools but I can't seem to figure out how to estimate amp draw from a set-up.

Randy, what do you think about the rudder not being able to kick back if i hit something in the water ??
Phil

RandyatBBY
04-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I do like the calc tools but I can't seem to figure out how to estimate amp draw from a set-up.

Randy, what do you think about the rudder not being able to kick back if i hit something in the water ??
Phil
It has to be real solid like a rock. I have only pulled out the transom on a wood boat. Most of the time it bends the rudder and that is about all. Other people hull will just get cut and no damage to my system.

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks Randy.

How deep would you set the strut to start ?

RandyatBBY
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks Randy.

It was pre set to have the sponsons at 3.5 degrees.

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it has gotten moved. I'll have to table it and try to get it reset.

Xzessperated
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks Randy.

Phil,
I know mine is the SAW type but bottom of hull to bottom of strut on mine is 34 mm. That is how it came out of the box and as yet I have had no reason to move it. It has only been to 78 mph on the gps and at that speed it runs lightly on the water but with no sign of blow over. I have run out of room on my small lake to go faster but will be testing it on a bigger lake soon. I will keep you posted on the results of further tests and look forward to reading about how yours goes.
Paddy

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Right now mine is at 20mm seems a little shallow. When I table it it seems about right but I'm not sure to check for the 3.5 AOA ??

Xzessperated
04-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Right now mine is at 20mm seems a little shallow. When I table it it seems about right but I'm not sure to check for the 3.5 AOA ??

Phil,
The SAW sponsons and your sponsons are like chalk and cheese. Your 20 mm could be correct. Do yourself a favor and make up a 3.5 degree template that you can check the AOA with. Make the template from cardboard, plastic or ply and mark it 3.5 degrees and you will have it for future checks. I have a picture of one somewhere and if I find it I will post it.

Xzessperated
04-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I hope the picture helps. As you can see you just mark your 3.5 degrees on the template. Slide it forward from where it is in the picture and check that your angle is correct.

The picture is one that comes with the H&M Xzess 3 hull and is not great but it should give you the idea.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4526855051_779ed8441f_o.jpg

Philmunsterman
04-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Paddy,
Here is the new setting. I made a paper 3.5 wedge and now its spot on with the strut level. I guess that will be a good starting point. Phil

tth
04-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Phil I never did adjust the strut. If you didnt move it, it would have been the same from Randy.

Xzessperated
04-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Paddy,
Here is the new setting. I made a paper 3.5 wedge and now its spot on with the strut level. I guess that will be a good starting point. Phil

Man that is a nice hull. I was wishing I had the $$'s when Tracy was selling it.

I think you are on the money with how you have set it up. Randy knows his oats and I have had to adjust nothing with mine since I unpacked it. It runs as straight as a die and travels as light as a feather on the water but has never looked like blowing over even on choppy water and a head wind.
Good luck
Paddy