PDA

View Full Version : Where can one find z-poxy locally?

MLJones8
04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I see many people are buying it online, while others are saying you can get it locally at 'LHS.' I'm assuming that means local hardware store or local hobby shop, I called home depot and they sure didn't think they carried it.

So where can I find z-poxy locally (US)?

ace028
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm sure you will only find it locally at your hobby shop, its a hobby epoxy, its some good stuff too! You can buy it online from here on OSE also. When you get it you might want to pick up some of those cheap little acid brushes, it makes it really nice to spread the epoxy with after you mix it, also get some of the little mixing cups too, just to make sure you have measured equal portions and have something to mix it in, but its not required, just makes mixing easier and less messy.

steve-b
04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
When using z poxy its a good idea to keep it warm with a hairdryer, also try to keep your project warm. It will apply much easier.
Also and ,not to step on ACE028. i have found that using cheep brushes yeild cheap results... I hate getting a perfect surface and then having to pull brush hair out of it.
I have only found it at hobby shops. Live in Canada though.

MLJones8
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm sure you will only find it locally at your hobby shop, its a hobby epoxy, its some good stuff too! You can buy it online from here on OSE also. When you get it you might want to pick up some of those cheap little acid brushes, it makes it really nice to spread the epoxy with after you mix it, also get some of the little mixing cups too, just to make sure you have measured equal portions and have something to mix it in, but its not required, just makes mixing easier and less messy.

I'll check at the hobby shops around town tomorrow.

When using z poxy its a good idea to keep it warm with a hairdryer, also try to keep your project warm. It will apply much easier.
Also and ,not to step on ACE028. i have found that using cheep brushes yeild cheap results... I hate getting a perfect surface and then having to pull brush hair out of it.
I have only found it at hobby shops. Live in Canada though.

Steve, I can only imagine how must frustration you saved me... I'm sure it is just like spreading white paint w/ a black cheap brush. I take it if you keep the poxy warm it won't harden as fast?

steve-b
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Its not that it won't haden as fast ,it just makes it thinner and easier to brush on evenly.
I have also thinned it out with mineral spirits, but only a little (10%) at the most.
If you are using it as a finish it can be quite tricky. I always put on one coat, then let it sit for about five min and then scrape it off with a old credit card. Once it has fully cured you can apply a second coat (again keep it warm) This will take less an amount,and will brash much easier.
Hope this helps.

Steve.

ace028
04-15-2010, 09:43 PM
he is right about the bristles falling out, the cheap brushes I bought from Kintec racing didn't have the problem where the bristles fall out.