PDA

View Full Version : New water pickups on the EKOS

henrik.backe.hansen
04-14-2010, 06:20 PM
After ordering new motors and esc for my king of shaves I am looking to upgrade the water pickups in order for the motor and esc to their water pickup each. Where would the best position be to place the new pickups? I know one person on this forum put in new ones. Any ideas regarding the best placenent?
I also have 2 stock motors and escs if anyone is interested(pm me).

Alfa Spirit
04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Here' s the best placement for water pickups. An other solution is to change the rudder with one with water pickup

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9250/transmissionhotrreadyw.jpg

henrik.backe.hansen
04-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the answer and images. Just ordered 2 double water pickups (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80405) and will try to get them to work with the king of shaves. Placement wise, I will probably go for some of the same positions as you shows on the image. What is the best clue to get a glue effect along with a watertight effect?

forescott
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the answer and images. Just ordered 2 double water pickups (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80405) and will try to get them to work with the king of shaves. Placement wise, I will probably go for some of the same positions as you shows on the image. What is the best clue to get a glue effect along with a watertight effect?

Funny, I just ordered these same dual pick-ups a couple of days ago for my ekos. Im not sure if there is enough room for them on the sponsons though since the ekos stuffing tube runs right down the center of each sponson and the pick-ups might be too wide. I hope they fit! I also bought 4-fittings to screw into the top of the stock motor mounts in order to utilize the water cooled mounts. I'd like to run 1 cooling line to each motor & mount. And 1-line to each esc. Then use a "Y" to join 2-lines into the one outlet on each side.

henrik.backe.hansen
04-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Alfa Spirit: what kind of adhesive did you use to gue down and waterproof the waterpiackups?

henrik.backe.hansen
04-25-2010, 05:41 PM
or what kind of adhesive would be best for making a waterproof seal from a hole in the bottom of the hull..?

Jeff Wohlt
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I would use epoxy

henrik.backe.hansen
04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
thanks for the info, jeff. I will use exoxy then. Tried to fit double water intakes but it did not go according to plan so next step is to fill the holes with epoxy and then add new single waterpickups, then use a y splitter to make sure the esc and motor get their own supply.

forescott
04-26-2010, 01:39 AM
I got mine to fit! It was a bit nerve-racking with pretty much no room for error, but I got the holes cut in the right place and they fit like a glove. I use 5-min. epoxy on mine. The last pic is of the one I installed in my proboat thundercat.

Jeff Wohlt
04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Sweet job!

scubasteve95
05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Hows the flow?
Where did you put or what are you using for outlets?

forescott
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Hows the flow?
Where did you put or what are you using for outlets?
The flow seems slightly better than stock. I upgraded to 1/4 od tubing and am also using the water cooled motor mounts. Seperate cooling for esc's and motors. Then I use a "Y" to exit the stock single outlets. The water stream appears to be longer while running, and I am glad to get rid of the un-scale looking tubes sticking out of the back of the hull!