PDA

View Full Version : TS-2 Conversion & Modification

Hydromaniac
04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
:thumbup1:The 2010 racing is here and I have been swamped with getting boats finished or race ready. In the mix I decided to build a new OPC tunnel, After seeing and reading about the quality issues with the VS-1, I decided to look for a Top Speed as I like the looks of its cowl over the VS-1. I found one over on RRR and it was in Denver from one of the guys in the district,so I picked her up. I have reworked just about the entire boat. I cut her open and replaced all of the cheap wood structure with marine grade ply and carbon Fiber, I added quality flotatation just in case of a mishap and built a 2 compartment radio and electronics box that runs the entire length of the hull and goes all the way to the hull bottom, This give lots of room for weight adjustment and battery placement. Next I reworked the sponsons by increasing the diehidrahl? angle by 3 degrees I deeped the tunnel 1/8 inch and installed ride pads to the sponsons as well as an increased AOA. All of the running surfaces have been blueprinted. Next I prepped her for paint and applied Porsche India Red and White with Candy Red over Pearl, Checker board graphics, I added the striping and final clear coats. I installed the electronics and she is ready to hit the water, The boat is very light 5 Lbs 3 onces in P-limited configuration. There is enough room to also run a full P set up with room for 4S 2P if needed. Here are some Pics.
:banana: