PDA

View Full Version : The Best Easter Gift

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
A week or so ago I bought a Traxxas slash chassis from one of the forum users, with little time the last week or so, its been gathering dust. Well for Easter my sons secretly got it running, by installing a motor, esc and radio system. I was a proud Dad! Besides having a healthy family, it was the best gift a dad in the hobby could ask for. :biggrin:

Chilli
04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Very Cool Steve. I got a 2wd Slash for my son for his birthday tomorrow. I took it out of the box this morning to put some Deans on it so it would be compatible with all our Nimh packs and charger.

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Very Cool Steve. I got a 2wd Slash for my son for his birthday tomorrow. I took it out of the box this morning to put some Deans on it so it would be compatible with all our Nimh packs and charger.

BEWARE!!! This is addicting, one isnt enough :thumbup:. They are fun, fun, fun. But my wife isnt taking it very well(just kidding), the boys are tearing up all the mulch in the front yard.

Darin Jordan
04-05-2010, 03:15 PM
BEWARE!!! This is addicting, one isnt enough :thumbup:. They are fun, fun, fun. But my wife isnt taking it very well(just kidding), the boys are tearing up all the mulch in the front yard.

NICE!!

I took the kids out yesterday with our two Rustlers and the Stampede and we ran them all over. Built them a jump for the Stampede. They loved it.

However... my son, after being told to stay AWAY from the mud-puddle up the street.... proceeded to drive his Rustler down that way, spun it out, and backed it right into the puddle... Poof goes the ESC... He felt bad. Kind of thinking I should have gotten him the waterproof Traxxas ESC instead. Might consider that for the replacement.

I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting a SLASH 2wd myself... will wait for the Platinum edition if I do... ;)

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2010, 03:20 PM
NICE!!

I took the kids out yesterday with our two Rustlers and the Stampede and we ran them all over. Built them a jump for the Stampede. They loved it.

However... my son, after being told to stay AWAY from the mud-puddle up the street.... proceeded to drive his Rustler down that way, spun it out, and backed it right into the puddle... Poof goes the ESC... He felt bad. Kind of thinking I should have gotten him the waterproof Traxxas ESC instead. Might consider that for the replacement.

I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting a SLASH 2wd myself... will wait for the Platinum edition if I do... ;)

Your sons in luck, I just so happen to have a used Slash esc, its got his name on it, if he wants? :bounce:

Darin Jordan
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Your sons in luck, I just so happen to have a used Slash esc, its got his name on it, if he wants? :bounce:

Nice! E-mail me with details please! I'm lucky to have ONE more new Dynamite 10T Lipo ready ESC here on the bench that I'm going to put in tonight for him. We'll see how long that one holds up.

That's one of the reasons why I think I should get a Slash... LOTs of parts out there, and lots of interchange with my existing Traxxas stuff.

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Nice! E-mail me with details please! I'm lucky to have ONE more new Dynamite 10T Lipo ready ESC here on the bench that I'm going to put in tonight for him. We'll see how long that one holds up.

That's one of the reasons why I think I should get a Slash... LOTs of parts out there, and lots of interchange with my existing Traxxas stuff.

No details. I will get it out tomorrow. My kids gave it a good water testing, so puddles wont be an issue any longer.

Darin Jordan
04-05-2010, 03:44 PM
No details. I will get it out tomorrow. My kids gave it a good water testing, so puddles wont be an issue any longer.

Steven,

Thanks... Hold off packaging it up... I have to make an order for some things anyhow... I'll do that later today.

Thanks Man! Tommy will appreciate it!

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok.

Darin Jordan
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Ok.

Order placed... thanks again, Man!

Chilli
04-05-2010, 05:10 PM
BEWARE!!! This is addicting, one isnt enough :thumbup:.

Wonderful..... Two and a half years ago I bought a Aquacraft Hammer for my son and now were up to 4 FE's and a gas boat.:olleyes: