PDA

View Full Version : rutter snaps in half

speedfreak
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
after jumping on to shore with the ul-1 i saw that my rudder was bent a little. so trying to bend it back to straight i snaped it in half. Are there any aftermarket rutters out there and where if there are. if not i guess i'll just get the stock one.

Diesel6401
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I would stick with the stock. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=AQUB8731 JMO

*for a better turning radius bring the servo rod up a hole on the servo arm. I moved up two holes towards the top over the stock setup(reason being I didnt want to open up the hole that close to the stock hole and risk elongating the stock hole instead of making a new one. if that makes sense) . I took a small drill bit to open the hole on the servo arm. Turning a 100% better just be very carefully and make sure you turn the servo gain on radio down a little to limit the travel because with this setup you could roll/flip you boat.

speedfreak
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
thanks for the tip, i've heard of you talking about it before but wasn't sure how to or if i should but forsure this time i'm going to drill that hole. i need that turning radius bad, because i didn't have that is why i bent my rudder. i'm just going to order the stock replacement again, i mean i ain't got much of a choice.