PDA

View Full Version : Swap Shop Pics!

Team A-Hull
09-23-2007, 02:29 AM
I would be interested in alot of the things up on Swap Shop, but alot of people do not upload pics on the first post to see the condition of the product. Not everyone knows what certain products look like also. I'm tired of asking for a pic and so on, and by the time I get one the item is sold. If your interested in selling something spend the extra 5 minutes for a pic because i'll just pass it without posting for a pic. I have been cheated on ebay and I will not buy anything on here if there are no pics. If you can't upload a picture on the first post then don't post at all. :smile:

May all hull a--!

Thanks,

Jason

Tunda
09-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Steven will take it off if there is no pic.................

SJFE
09-23-2007, 03:20 AM
I havent seen one removed to date due to a lack of pictures.

Team A-Hull
09-23-2007, 03:25 AM
They keep on popping up because I keep on looking at items for sale with no pics. Pics are posted a day or 2 later or a couple of post later when someone ask for a pic. I know steven will delete them and so on. I guess most of you know the members from OSE or other forums so you probally trust their adds being put out.

Just looking for a good deal!

Thanks Tunda for your reply.

Team A-Hull
09-23-2007, 03:40 AM
It mentions that pics should be posted on first post! Not the 7th post, after someone ask for a pic. I didn't say people should or did get removed from lack of pics. Pics just show up later.

Thansk SJFE for your reply

Team A-Hull
09-23-2007, 03:46 AM
SJFE did i miss the pic on Delta Force 25 & SpeedMaster Hardware?

Not everyone knows exactly what this setup might look like. What if go to the hobby store and they show me the wrong item; which they probally would because they don't know squat (lol!). What if i search for speed master harware and so on and get the wrong picture for that item. I know what that setup looks like but not everyone does. People on ebay have told me it's brand new, never used and so on, and when item arrives it's nothing near what was described.

I would probally trust you as a seller, because you have nice top notch clean set ups on all your boats. All your boats look like they are well taken care of, but there are 500 or so members on here I have never heard of.

Just putting a point out there and thanks for your input.

No worries...:smile:

Team A-Hull
09-23-2007, 05:45 AM
A side note to Steve...

I'm in no way speaking bad about the forum, or management of the forum from my topic above. Just putting a point out there.

In fact this is one of the nicest forum setups that I visited and I find myself hear more and more often. Great job Steve on the OSE forum!:thumbup: :beerchug: :tiphat:

Tunda
09-24-2007, 01:46 AM
most of us regular guys here know each other so if we sell something that we want with no pic we know its good and we trust each other. Just look at how much post that says it all...............

Team A-Hull
09-24-2007, 02:04 AM
Regular guys! lol! From what I can tell that is a small handful compared to the number of registered members. Well I’m new and been here only 3 weeks and I'm getting to know who you can trust and so on. But there a whole bunch of members that don't, and might be interested in an item. Just because you post alot does not mean it's like a ebay feedback rating.

The rules are picture on first post!

I guess none of you have received a product not described or never received it at all!

Team A-Hull
09-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Tunda,

Read the whole thread I already stated what you mentioned earlier as a question.

Thanks for the reply Tunda!

Tunda
09-24-2007, 02:20 AM
dude this is not ebay.....i have bought a lot of stuff here and never got burned
we are all good guys here and if someone does something stupid we let everyone know if there is no pic some times people want to know if there is intrest or dont have time right there to post a pic so if you loose out to bad just wait for the next deal just be more positive THIS IS THE BEST FOURM. thats all i have to say about this topic............................................. ................................

Team A-Hull
09-24-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm was never trying to be negative, just making small point. This is the best forum and this is why i'm here as I mentioned earlier.
I compeletly understand your side Tunda and from reading the forums I know where your coming from as far as who you can trust. But, there are new members that don't know anyone here. Or that your all a bunch of good guys as you are, and would like to purchase an item.

I'm not just looking out for me, but for the people like the buyer I was a year ago who new nothing about boats and got screwed.

So, no one is right or wrong in the matter and lets get back to boating.lol!

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Team is right. People should be following the rules. I myself have been an offender. I will start to check that area a bit more. If they don't make post a picture I will post a warning and then if they don't post a picture within the day, have no choice but to delete the thread.

Eyekandyboats
09-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Steven. You may want to consider having a mod in the swap shop only.
That would help with your work Load.
I would not mind helping if need be.

I have seen many posts with out pictures not only on this forum but the red board as well. Now i don't buy much from the swap shops. But when looking i would like to see the item i am thinking of purchasing.

Team A-Hull
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Steve and the OSE Forum,

I was not trying to be an A-Hull or negative about the topic mentioned in this thread. Just making a small point and going off of my own personal experience as a buyer. I just thought sooner or later as the forum grows problems will start to occur. I think eyekandyboats has a point also. Maybe there is something easy to modify about the swap shop setup that would make it easier on you Steve.

I'm a year into rc boating and alot of you have been in many years and have vast amounts of knowledge and so on about rc. But, remember the day when you where a noob taking your first step into this hobby and new nothing. Those are the people among others who get screwed because of their lack of knowledge about this hobby.

One thing I noticed about this forum, is there is a bunch of good guys on here and they all know boats inside and out. Have not been on here long but I get that from the small amount of post I have put out and read. This forum have does an excellent set up and this hobby kicks a--!

Thanks Steve,

Sorry if I put another item on your to do list.

May you all hull a--!

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Eyekandyboats I normally never surf the swap shop posts. I will start doing it. I also realize I'm going to have to have a mod in the near future.

Team, no offense taken. You were correct. Everyone should have an equal shot at a swap shop item, without having to ask for things that should have been there in the first place.

Eyekandyboats
09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
;) .

SJFE
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Team I did reply to your PM. No worries man. Yes I am an offender also. I did however mention the items where new and as pictured in the store. That is however no excuse for not following the rules. The swap shop is not eBay. We have been seeing quite bit of action in there and to be honest I look & sell here first. It's really everyones responsibility to make the buying, selling & trading a safe & user friendly environment. I will be posting as per the rules from this point on.
Tommy G

Rex R
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
methinks I would be more apt to 'look the other way' bout the no-photos bit if the items were listed as 'as seen on ose'(unused/like new, etc). since it would be fairly simple to look them up. stuff that steven doesn't carry/modded and whatnot should have pics though.

hookedup
09-24-2007, 10:45 PM
dude this is not ebay.....i have bought a lot of stuff here and never got burned
we are all good guys here and if someone does something stupid we let everyone know if there is no pic some times people want to know if there is intrest or dont have time right there to post a pic so if you loose out to bad just wait for the next deal...

i think the point he was trying to make is that if someone is selling something and doesnt post a pic, and he has like 1 or 2 posts and he's been a member since "yesterday" he is certainly wont be as trusted as someone like SJFE or DIEGOBOY or one of the other "regulars" or even STEVE V. posting without a pic. also i think sometimes its hard to post pics that are too large and having to resize them. i know i have had trouble doing that and ended up not posting here, but then again i am kind of a computer idiot.

i am just as guilty. i didnt even know there were"rules" until i read this. i think the modderater idea is great. does he get a %? or at least some swag:w00t:

Team A-Hull
09-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Hookedup, I defenelty get Tunda's point as mentioned earlier.

Here is a website that makes it so simple to resize an image! When resizing, I always click 25% and best quality and those images turn out great!

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php

Thanks for everyones input on the topic above and no one was wrong in the matter; everyone had a point.

Thanks Steve!

As mentioned in the swap thread; this is not a sign of a problem but rather a sign of how well the forum is doing and growing.:beerchug:

Another thing, the smiley faces on this website kick a....

FE_Chris
09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
You guys are right about the pics for sure, and I have been an offender also, But I do post pics.

I love the swap shop! I look and sell there first now too. Lots of trusting people here and on the RRR forums.

Hooked.....I wish mods got payed! But they don't and thats cool because I myself would be glad just to help out. But, Ron Olson at RCU got a FREE nitro SV27 for being a mod for years and helping out and hosting "fun runs" Thats kind of like getting paid right? lol :-)