PDA

View Full Version : What happened to 90 Degree 2.5mm Driver??

ray schrauwen
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I was fussing with motor mount screws and thought why not see if Steve has that cool tool for tight spots.

I see it not available at this time. What is up Steve? They aren't rocket science to make...???:confused:

Steven Vaccaro
04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
The flex was unwinding. I tried to explain to people not to use it to break loose tight screws, to first loosen with a angled Allen, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. I have two personal ones I use all the time for my boats and kids trucks with great success.

Darin Jordan
04-03-2010, 02:13 PM
The flex was unwinding. I tried to explain to people not to use it to break loose tight screws, to first loosen with a angled Allen, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. I have two personal ones I use all the time for my boats and kids trucks with great success.

I wonder if it would work better if we used 1/16th wire instead...??? Hmmmm...

That being said... I redid mine slightly, but use it all the time as well...

m4a1usr
04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I wonder if it would work better if we used 1/16th wire instead...?.

A 4" piece of silicone tubing with the screw head slid inside works very well. Or if you really need some torque get a Chapman 90deg ratchet set. And you can get in some extremely tight spots with it. I like the flex tools OSE used to have too. I use it to get into the narrow hull areas where my big mitts dont fit!

John

ray schrauwen
04-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Jeese... some peoples kids :confused2:

egneg
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I tried to explain that it was to be used once things were loose as well. That and I tac welded the one I use.

Meniscus
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
...Or if you really need some torque get a Chapman 90deg ratchet set. And you can get in some extremely tight spots with it....

I agree. I have one that has served me very well for over 20 years. I don't think I've ever had an issue with it and there's tons of bits available.

sailr
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I was Harbor Freight yesterday and ran across the tool in the photo. It's has a flexshaft for getting those pesky motor screws in/out.

It includes a bunch of bits including 8 pcs of metric hex from 0.7 to 4.0!

Cost $7.99

Item No. 93916

Steven Vaccaro
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I bought almost the same exact kit at Home Depot without the flex adapter. Bummer!

Meniscus
04-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Sweet find Jim!

sailr
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Can't wait to try it out. I hope the flex will take a small enough radius for it to be useful!