PDA

View Full Version : new prop but very slow why???

speedfreak
04-01-2010, 02:06 PM
got my new aquacraft high performance metal L47x50 prop today and installed it. Took it out to the back pond and only went like 10 mph. Can anyone tell me why. is it too big, too heavy, should i go back to the stock ones. Damn i waited all week for it to come in, now i got to wait another week for the stocks to come in too.:confused2:

Grimracer
04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Lets see if we can get you rolling!

The L designation is for "Lift".. this prop lifts the back of the boat further out of the water then the stock prop.

With this you might have to re-tune the boat. Just so you know the L4057 is about the MAX load the system will handle in stock configuration.

Here is what I would try..

Use a file to sharpen the prop. Make it as sharp as you can. This in its self will kill some of the lift the prop makes.. (me.. I like my L4057 super sharp)

Adjust the strut so its parirll on the setup table and set about ¾” from the table to the bottom of the boat.

Toss launch the boat until you get the strut set right..

Toss the boat forward (med hard) and give it full power as its rolling out. (hang on!)

Grim

speedfreak
04-01-2010, 05:18 PM
i'll try it tonight to sharpen the prop, adjust the strut and then hand tossing the boat. thanks, i'll let you know tomorrow morning how it went.

speedfreak
04-01-2010, 06:19 PM
i couldn't wait till tomorrow so i did it, i think the problem was that i adjusted the strut the wrong way when i first put it in. this time i lowered it and sharpened it and it worked. just a little more tunning. thanks for the help.

Grimracer
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
good job.. your doing the right thing.. testing "IS" RC boating.

grim

Brushless55
04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
A 47x50 Prop?
is this not to big, with a lower pitch?

Grimracer
04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
I took that as a typo

Grim