PDA

View Full Version : Brad's Drifter S first run : Jammin !

properchopper
03-29-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm happy my trusty Drifter S found a new owner who really likes it. Here's the first run at Questtek Joe's lake :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyGq4b_4Ko

tth
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I bet you miss it now dont you!!! I sold mine the other day. It is the H&M bright yellow gelcoat. Anyways it was a virgin hull. Now I have to build and set it up for my friend who bought it. Which is one of the funnest parts of the hobby anyways.........I may even shed a tear(or two).

Great going Brad you have yourself a spectacular boat.

FE Wannabe
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Tony,
Thanks for posting the video. I knew I made a good choice when I bought her off of you. Thanks for the helping me dial it in! It was a blast to run a boat that fast, and realize it is mine.
I also want to thank Doug Smock for the Lipos and ice329 for working the S215 prop for me as well.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Thanks guys, she's a keeper!
Brad

Ub Hauled
03-30-2010, 01:48 AM
I was right there and missed the passes, what da hell was I doing?!
;)

questtek
03-30-2010, 08:23 AM
I was right there and missed the passes, what da hell was I doing?!
;)

I think you left around 2:30 and this run was about 2 hours later. We finally packet it in about 5PM so it was a good, full day of running. Wish the film crew got this on tape too..............it was really a great run.

FE Wannabe
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I think she has even more speed left in her.

The motor was 125 degrees with a smaller sized water jacket.
The ESC was 128 degrees at the Caps (with no external Cap bank) and 117 at the heatsink.
The Batteries were only 95 degrees.
I am going to need to get a few passes in with the x642 to see how she goes now that I know how to gently squeeze the throttle!

The first run (no video) with the x642, I grabbed a handful of throttle at about 20mph and she went vertical and flipped over backwards! So easy does it.

Fast is Fun!:banana:
Brad