PDA

View Full Version : Old Dominion Model Boat Association- Chesapeake, VA

cybercrxt
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Old Dominion MBA has been around for 31 years, IMPBA membership is required, holds 10 club races each year, has a full lake with IMPBA approved race course, has 30+ members. I am one of a few FE members, and I am looking to add to the people we have. The members are very welcome of FE boaters, and they allow mixing of Nitro and FE when there are not enough boats to run in similar classes. If you are near the Chesapeake,VA area, give me a PM so I can give you the Secretary, Dick Loeb, contact information. I just became a member, and the people I have met are an extremely nice bunch of RC boaters. I live in Greenville, NC, about 2 hours from the lake, and its worth the drive! Mike Luszcz

egneg
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi Mike, I too just became a member and live in Va Bch. I ran my P-mono (El Lobo IV) with them the Saturday before last when they cleaned the pond and ran some boats. I plan on running my UL-1 as a P-spec hydro as well. What boats and classes are you going to run in? Diegoboy is going to join and hopefully another that lives in the area as well. Nautyboyz lives in northern VA and is a D12 member and runs FE with the DC club.

Chuck

cybercrxt
03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Chuck, Thats awesome. I came that sunday! Couldnt get up there saturday. I hope to make it up this weekend...you going? I have 3 FE tunnels, working on a sport 40 FE hydro, my Kneeler FE and I am working on 2-1/8th scale hydros. Included some pics below. I hope to meet you soon and get out there running. I should have kept my FE whip 20 so we could run the 20 FE hydros! Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/Woodstuff%20Tunnels/IMGP1410.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/Woodstuff%20Tunnels/IMGP1412.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/Atlas36build/DSCF8078.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/Circuscircus/DSCF8077.jpg

egneg
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Those boats are beautiful! I plan on being there Sunday if the weather forecast is right.

Chuck

egneg
03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Mike I just realized that some of the stuff on my P-Mono came from you via the swap shop. The trim tabs and turn fins!
I have since changed the prop and shortened the rudder.

egneg
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
I had a great time at the race today - wish you could have made it so I could meat you.

cybercrxt
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I think you are right about some of that hardware! Yeah, I did not realize there was a race today. I talked to Dick about that this evening. There is so much going on right now, I misunderstood what was going on there this weekend! I hope to be up there again soon. Keep me updated to when you think you will be there and I will get there too! Mike

Diegoboy
04-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Congratulations Egneg!

Chilli
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
When's the next club race guys?

egneg
05-07-2010, 03:20 AM
This Saturday! :w00t:

thegreat1
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
where and what time?

Chilli
05-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Chuck, I don't know if Mike L will be coming up or Dick will be running his FE but David Newland was looking for some lap times to compare the P-Specs with the B tunnels. So if you have any Spec tunnels running, I would appreciate you getting some times and/or letting me know how the two compare running together. I also need to know how your mono is running compared to the B-nitro's. I'm going to GPS sll my boats this afternoon and want to make sure I'm in the ballpark.

egneg
05-07-2010, 05:28 PM
where and what time?

It's at the lake behind Indian River High School and the races start at 11:00am and run until about 5:00pm. If you drive into the entrance just before the school and follow the road around back you will see some portables on the right. About in the middle of them you jump the curb and follow the tire tracks through the gate to the lake. Hope to see you there Jeremy.

egneg
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Chuck, I don't know if Mike L will be coming up or Dick will be running his FE but David Newland was looking for some lap times to compare the P-Specs with the B tunnels. So if you have any Spec tunnels running, I would appreciate you getting some times and/or letting me know how the two compare running together. I also need to know how your mono is running compared to the B-nitro's. I'm going to GPS sll my boats this afternoon and want to make sure I'm in the ballpark.

Will do Mike. The last race was challenging as the wind was gusty and there was quite a bit of chop. Even the gasholes with the bigger boats were having a time of it - hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Chilli
05-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Chuck. Looks like it's going to be breezy this weekend also. I just got back from the pond and the wind was blowing hard. Made it tough to test props. I cartwheeled the rigger twice and she landed "lid side up" both times. I hit the throttle and continued on. Sweet! My gas boat is still giving me fits. She runs so good but studders comming out of the turns. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Have a great weekend! Let me know the racing goes. Tell Dick I got my Tunnel and now I have no idea what to do with it. LOL!

Mike

egneg
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Well Mike the mono smoked another speedy at lap 3 1st heat but was running with the pack until then. Mike L was there and I must say that his P-spec tunnel ran great! He jumped the start in the first heat (by about a 1/2 second) and was a lap behind but still came in first! The second heat he had a good start and finished 1 lap up on the nitro guys. I talked to him about getting one of those bad boys for next winters build. He was a lot of help about what hardware to use and where to get it. I had to leave early so didn't see the 3rd heat.

Chilli
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the report Chuck. Sorry you smoked another controller. Were you using the 642? Conditions must of been tough with the winds. They were really whipping up here all day. I got to check out my WS30 yesterday. Sweet! I couldnt believe how light it was. The good news is it comes with a full length box to put everything in. Unfortunately for me, the boat includes the bulkheads but they are not installed and I have no idea where they should be installed. I'll figure it out. Were you and Mike the only ones running FE's this weekend?

cybercrxt
05-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah, we were the only ones running FE. Thegreat1 was there, but didn't run anything. Had a good time tho, I know that! Mike

Chilli
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Okay Mike, Good luck in Greensboro this weekend. I take it you'll be the only FE running this weekend. Give the nitro guys hell. Take a copy of FE/Nitro rules because something tells me the CD's havent read them. I did offer a copy to Mudbug via PM on Jims but did not get a response back.

cybercrxt
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, Dick will be there, I will not be making it. I am going to find out tomorrow if I have a job come Monday or not, so I think its probably a good idea to be at work tomorrow. Once this situation is over tomorrow, I think things will be good for a while, if I make the cut that is! Mike

Chilli
05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope all goes well for you. I figured Dick would be running his B-nitro this weekend like he does at the OD races.

When ever you get time, I would appreciate any pics you may have of how to do the steering servo/linkage set up on your tunnels. Also, verify you and Dick are running the OS lower unit on the smaller Woodstuffs? Where can I get the FE motor adapter for the OS? This is build number six for me but I'm in the dark when it comes to tunnels:confused2:.

Chilli

cybercrxt
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Chili, take a look at my current build thread. Should give you some ideas for steering arms. They are 4-40 rods. I usually put carbon hollow rod on the outside of the long runs to help stiffen it. Just have not done that yet! The stand off is one I make, and Kris Flynn makes a really nice stand off. And I run OS lowers on my 28" Woodstuffand this 30" and I run the Lawless 7.5 on my 36" Woodstuff and there will be one on my 40" SAW 10s Woodstuff tunnel build that is coming up. Mike

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=14487

Chilli
07-04-2010, 07:37 PM
When is the next club race Chuck?

egneg
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Next Sunday, 7/11/10. I hope to make this one as I missed the last club race.

D&D
07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
When is the next IMBPA race at the Old Dominion Clubsite? I used to come to the races there when I belonged to the Capitol R/Cers.

Cybercrxt, I live in Sanford, NC (in the Carolina Trace) we have an excellent lake, but only electric boats are allowed. Maybe you or a group of electric boaters would like to come down sometime just to run and compare boats. There are some flyers here and one boater with an Acqucraft electric boat.

Chilli
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Dennis, It's the last weekend in August at Indian River High School in Chesapeake. During the Capitol race, George Anastasi told me stories about you and your buddy that owned the gas station in Burke and how your boats kicked A$$.

Give em hell next weekend Chuck. Let me know when the following one is. I may come down for a tune up before the D12 race.

Mike

D&D
07-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Nautiboyz, So Captain George is still running - hope he has finally retired. My wife and I are still planning to attend the Chesapeake race to see whats going on.

We are having a "Lake Fest" here in the Carolina Trace on Labor Day in Septemer. I may be looking for a boater or boaters to come down and put on demonstrations at Lake Fest. Maybe even one "nitro boat", like someone in the 100mph club....

egneg
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Give em hell next weekend Chuck. Let me know when the following one is. I may come down for a tune up before the D12 race.

Mike

The next club race is 8/1/10, it would be great to see you if you can make it.

Chilli
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll check the calandar Chuck. I may do that.

How many heats do you all usually run per class? What time do you start and finish up?

egneg
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
We usually run 3 heats. Open water is at 10 and hopefully racing starts at 11. If everything goes well we are packing up to go home at 5.

Chilli
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Looked at the calandar and unfortunately I can't do it. I have six Sundays I have taken leave from work between now and the end of August and that aint one of them. Oh well, We'll have a blast at the district race.

egneg
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Jason it was great to see you at today's race. I look forward to another FE guy running. :rockon2:

On a side note Dick Loeb was telling me there would be about 10 for the FE shoot out in August.

Chilli
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
We'll... How did it go today????

egneg
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Pretty good ... nothing broke or smoked ... but I did take out buoy #6 in the 3rd heat with the mono.

Chilli
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Chuck, I just got the latest "ODMBA race results" email from Dick as I'm sure you did. I see your still leading the B/P-spec points chase with the UL1. I cant for the life of me figure out why the .21 monos in the district run so good and the same guys running the same type motor in riggers have so many DNFs.:confused2: Are you going to run the UL1 in the District Race?

D&D
07-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Mike,

Maybe my 20 some year description of a rigger will answer your question: Art Deco Two by Four

egneg
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Chuck, I just got the latest "ODMBA race results" email from Dick as I'm sure you did. I see your still leading the B/P-spec points chase with the UL1. I cant for the life of me figure out why the .21 monos in the district run so good and the same guys running the same type motor in riggers have so many DNFs.:confused2: Are you going to run the UL1 in the District Race?

You are so right ... I am in the lead only because I can run longer. As for the mono I think I have most of the bugs worked out but I need to get a couple more mph out of it to be competitive. I think I will change the hull next year to a DF33. Yes. I will run the UL-1 but maybe in the shootout - I haven't decided yet. I f I get the XS2 running I may use it in the shootout.

hazegry
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
chuck are we allowed to run riggers in the p-spec hydro class?

D&D
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
CYBERCRXT (Mike), I tried to reply to your private message but the system tells me your box is full and you cannot receive messages. But, to answer your message; the Carolina Trace is just south of Sanford, NC on RT87.

Chilli
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
How'd the club race go today guys???

egneg
08-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Not so good ... besides the rain I broke a flex shaft and stuffed the UL-1. :crying:

hazegry
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
That sucks Chuck I got the stink eye from the wife this morning so I didnt go. pm me a good time to meet up and I will drop the boat off to you

Chilli
08-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Ouch!!! Did you stuff it when the flex let go?? I cant believe the amount of damage. The whole darn sponson nearly tore off.:huh:

egneg
08-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Ouch!!! Did you stuff it when the flex let go?? I cant believe the amount of damage. The whole darn sponson nearly tore off.:huh:

The flex broke on the mono (note: need to have a spare). The UL-1 tangled with a nitro rigger and lost!

Chilli
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. Mama said there would be days like this. I do keep a spare flex for the races. After so many runs, you never know when it's going to let loose.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

PS- Who did you get tangled up with??? And damage to the rigger???

Chilli

HOTWATER
08-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Damn Chuck...that does not look good... Do you have plans to try and get her fixed?

I will also offer my help with anything you might need...no problem...

-Kent

Chilli
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Gotta get that boat repaired Chuck, Your still leading the ODMBA B/P-Spec hydro points chase by a nice margin!!!

A little duct tape and Windex and she'll be good as new.:banana:

Diegoboy
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Chuck,
Sorry about you'r UL-1. Do you want to use my Viper hull, since I don't have an ESC for it yet? Let me know, I'd be happy if you'd race her.

Chilli
08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
You owe me a Lumpia recipe Danny. I Hope you drop by and say hi at the race!

egneg
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Chuck,
Sorry about you'r UL-1. Do you want to use my Viper hull, since I don't have an ESC for it yet? Let me know, I'd be happy if you'd race her.

You know they call me Kamikaze now. Danny I appreciate the offer ... when you get it back it will have an ESC!

:hug1:

Diegoboy
08-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Are you free? I want to drop her off now if that's alright

egneg
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Are you free? I want to drop her off now if that's alright

Sure ... you remember how to get here?

Diegoboy
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
She will get some action before I do! SWEET!

Thanks Chuck

hazegry
08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I have seen chucks hydro the hydro is dead long live the viper lol.

Diegoboy
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Via text messages & PM's, I am being told that an H&M Viper is not a legal P-spec hull.
I have searched the IMPBA rule book and found nothing about it. I was also on the phone today with Randy (BBY), even He was unaware of a minimum 27" length for P-spec. Can someone please shed some light on this rule and show me exactly where it says a 24.2" hull cannot be a P-spec hydro.

Thanks

Chilli
08-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Danny the 2008 Roostertails (IMPBA Flyer) has trial rules posted that showed a 27" minimum for P-Sport Hydro. That class uses any motor and ESC you want. The P-Spec Hydro class we run under is totally different. It's a district class that has it's own set of rules and doesnt specify any length restrictions. Now taking that into account, we don't want a boat that would be considered a hazard to the other boats that are running (especially the nitro's). The concern being whether a 24" boat is going to be able to run in race water with the bigger boats. I think Chuck should talk to Dick about it and see what he says.

Diegoboy
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Mike,
This is what I heard...

Danny :blah: :blah: :blah: we don't want a boat that would be considered a hazard to the other boats that are running (especially the nitro's) :blah: :blah: :blah:

I'm looking for a simple straight answer. Either:
The viper IS a legal P-spec Hydro

or

The viper IS NOT a legal P-spec Hydro

Sorry if I'm coming off like an @$$, It's just one more thing to get under my skin about these restrictive rules.

Chilli
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Frankly ,I do find:blah::blah::blah: added to my post insulting and unnecessary.

The only reason we're racing FE's in the District this year is because of :blah::blah::blah:. Blah, blah, blah ensures we integrate well with the nitro boats so we can continue to race. The district did not have to let us run with the nitro guys ths year, but they did on a trial basis. If they didnt do this, none of us would be racing this year because we would rarely have the three boat minimun to run our own class. We have gone out of our way not to piss the IC guys off and so far we have only had a few minor growing pains. So excuse me if I am overly cautious in not wanting to jeapordize the gains we have made over the past year. It aint just about the rules.

No one on this board is a District 12 officer so I suggest you contact the IMPBA District 12 Director for your answer.

Diegoboy
08-06-2010, 01:06 PM
No, I don't think I will...

Thanks anyway Mike.

Diegoboy
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
FYI:
What I said in my " insulting and unnecessary" post is

What I heard was...

If anything, it is an insult to ME because I couldn't understand in simple english, what it was you were saying. So therefore I apologize for being too unintellegent to understand you Mike.

hazegry
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
if you cant beat them restrict them :thumbsdown: I hope chuck can run it so he can keep up with the points race. I got my IMPBA card today so now I just have to pay club dues it looks like I am going to make the d12 race I dont know if I will have the 18 to enter the boat or not but i will be at the race.

Chilli
08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm allot of things Danny, but intellectual is not one of them. Different things have different meanings to different people. I hate the "Blah" emotioncon because to me that's the same as my kid saying "whatever" which translates to "I don't care what you have to say". Anyhow, if I took your post in the wrong way, I apologize.

The "P-spec" classes are a specialized district class only. No rules for these classes exist in the IMPBA Rule book. IMO- your hull is legal but my opinion doesnt mean squat. I'll try and get a final answer within a day or two.

egneg
08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Calm down guys!

I have other options open to me so don't sweat the small stuff.

hazegry
08-06-2010, 07:46 PM
just want the FE guy to stay on top lol

Diegoboy
08-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Thank you Mike. I too apologize, but for my poorly expressed ignorance.
I was under the impression that Nitro boats had a minimum length, but mo max, and FE had had a Maximum length, but no min.
maybe this rumor is a merger of the nitro rule with the FE rule?? Just a thought.
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but if 3 or more FE boats enter a particular class, the IMPBA rules say that they HAVE to let them race.
Therefore the "The district did not have to let us run with the nitro guys ths year, but they did on a trial basis" comment has me confused. This is to run WITH nitro boats, not run FE alone right?

Jason, I like that...
If you can't beat'em, Restrict'em till they quit! LOL

Chilli
08-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Yes Danny, You are correct. The district will allow any IMPBA class to run as long as it has a minimum of three entries.

The trial rules that the District approved did two things. It created the P-spec classes in D12 and it allowed nitro and FE classes to run combined. Running combined has benifited us in two major ways this year. First, It allows us to register for a race without worrying if we were going to make the three boat minimum. Secondly it has given the district FE exposure at more races. Lets face it, the ODMBA race is the only race this year that we will have more than three FE's in a class.

I hate bad mouthing the IMPBA because these guys arn''t getting paid for what they do. But I agree the rule book needs some serious work. The posted "rule book" is out of date and all the changes and trials are spread out over sereval years of Roostertail newsletters. The thing is train wreck!!!

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
So when is the next race?

Chilli
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
ODMBA club has a face book account. There is a link to the club schedule. Next club race for you guys is Sept 12th.

Also make sure Dick has your email address so he can send you club emails.

www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Dominion-Model-Boat-Association-ODMBA/278187492808

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks Mike

Chilli
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Have fun and you guys let me know how you do! :beerchug:

Tropical storm warnings are up for the whole Norfolk/ VA Beach area. Be carefull!!!

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Thank you Mike. I too apologize, but for my poorly expressed ignorance.
I was under the impression that Nitro boats had a minimum length, but mo max, and FE had had a Maximum length, but no min.
maybe this rumor is a merger of the nitro rule with the FE rule?? Just a thought.
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but if 3 or more FE boats enter a particular class, the IMPBA rules say that they HAVE to let them race.
Therefore the "The district did not have to let us run with the nitro guys ths year, but they did on a trial basis" comment has me confused. This is to run WITH nitro boats, not run FE alone right?

Jason, I like that...
If you can't beat'em, Restrict'em till they quit! LOLLet's get a couple things straight -

1- maximum length and weight for IMPBA boats is 60" and 25 pounds. Some classes do have minimums as well, depends on the particular class.
2- there is no rule that says if you have 3 of anything then you have to let them race. 3 boats has been a general minimum for an established class to run at a race but that can be raised or even lowered (example: the IndyMasters next week had a 12 boat minimum per class). Any new classes are subject to district approval and as it stands right now we will probably need to cut something out to make any room for a new class. I'm looking into various options for the 2011 season but we still have 2010 to finish.
3- the quote- "The district did not have to let us run with the nitro guys this year, but they did on a trial basis" is 100% correct and we spent a good deal of time making it a viable and fair situation before it ever went before the D12 members. Host clubs can deviate and/or add to established classes as was done for FE at the ODMBA race (180 shootout) with approval.
4- the rulebook is being worked on and updated but it is a slow and painstaking process but it will happen so please be patient, major changes should happen this winter.
5- I am the IMPBA D12 Director as well as the National Gas Director.

'nuff said.

Hopefully we can continue to grow FE and make it more permanent but for now we take it one step at a time and a couple of you need to take a chill pill and not jeopardize what we have worked hard on to accomplish so far.

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
We all know who you are Don.
We all hope the rules are updated with US in mind

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Hopefully we can make room for a "non spec" class that's not mono hulls! :biggrin:

Maybe we can take a poll on what FE classes we're interested in running next year.

I'm down for
1:8 hydro
P-hydro and/or rigger

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 03:06 PM
We all know who you are Don.

Obviously that is not the case there Danny as below was said a little bit back in this thread-
"No one on this board is a District 12 officer so I suggest you contact the IMPBA District 12 Director for your answer."
Rather than having to answer numerous p/m's or e-mails I gave everyone the answers here. With that being said again a couple of you guys need to just chill and work with those who are trying to give FE a place to play in D12. As I said before one step a time and we'll see how it goes. It's really quite simple, either get on board with the D12 group and go mainstream or continue to play in obscurity ....... I like the first option for everyone personally. :cool:

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Hopefully we can make room for a "non spec" class that's not mono hulls! :biggrin:

Maybe we can take a poll on what FE classes we're interested in running next year.

Patience grasshoppa, patience. :bounce:

With me building some FE this winter that's not "P-Spec" I'm hoping for the same thing. :thumbup:

But first the FE participation needs to be consistent to show it's worth. :beerchug:

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Amen brother...

Doug Smock
09-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Obviously that is not the case there Danny as below was said a little bit back in this thread-
"No one on this board is a District 12 officer so I suggest you contact the IMPBA District 12 Director for your answer."
Rather than having to answer numerous p/m's or e-mails I gave everyone the answers here. With that being said again a couple of you guys need to just chill and work with those who are trying to give FE a place to play in D12. As I said before one step a time and we'll see how it goes. It's really quite simple, either get on board with the D12 group and go mainstream or continue to play in obscurity ....... I like the first option for everyone personally. :cool:
:iagree:
And with all due respect to the posters on this thread. Rather than complain about the rules not being updated, ect, ect. Why not contact your District Director, the President, or the Secretary and ask. "What can I do to help"???
If you want things to get better, get involved in a positive way.
As far as FE classes in D-12 go, it is up to you FE guys to get with the other members of your district and see where the majority of the interest is as far as a class goes. There are plenty of classes to choose from!!!!! The fastest growth is going to be in the "Limited" classes because in the grand scheme, they are inexpensive.
The FE rules can be found in the Dec. 2008 Roostertail for those who will take the time to read them. http://impba.net/attachments/152_Dec08.pdf Like Don said the rules are being updated and will be online soon. Thanks Kevin Sheren, you are the man!!!!

Like Mike said earlier, the board members aren't paid for what they do. They do it because they love this hobby and want the IMPBA to be the best that it can be. Let's show these guys some support!!!

Keep up the good work!!
See ya at the pond!
Doug

hazegry
09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow ok I am just going to speak my mind and put it out there if you dont like it oh well. Don nice way to take 2 steps back buddy I was at the race with Danny we run together allot. we were impressed with the race we didn't care for a few things but liked it overall and saw allot of potential. Your post (71) has an air of you should kiss our feet that we let you run with us. I know that's not your intent and I am glad I meet you before reading it. This is a fast electric forum there is going to be some gas nitro boat smack its not serious just kidding around. I know Danny and any of the FE guys would give a gas guy anything out of their field box to keep someones gas or nitro boat going. As far as the rules go look at it from our point of view BEFORE the race hard to find exact rules (they are off in a newsletter and not on the main site) and until we met you guys at first glance it felt kinda like we weren't welcome. We learned it wasn't true and came out to the race but how many say its not worth it and go elsewhere. Doug I understand what your saying but if you don't listen to the new members and just dismiss their concerns you will loose allot of possible new recruits and I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. FE is fairly new we understand its going to take time to get everything running smooth it will take longer if nobody says hey what about this or that that.

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
:iagree:
Amen Brotha! Well said http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04230.gif

don ferrette
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Wow ok I am just going to speak my mind and put it out there if you dont like it oh well. Don nice way to take 2 steps back buddy I was at the race with Danny we run together allot. we were impressed with the race we didn't care for a few things but liked it overall and saw allot of potential. Your post (71) has an air of you should kiss our feet that we let you run with us. I know that's not your intent and I am glad I meet you before reading it. This is a fast electric forum there is going to be some gas nitro boat smack its not serious just kidding around. I know Danny and any of the FE guys would give a gas guy anything out of their field box to keep someones gas or nitro boat going. As far as the rules go look at it from our point of view BEFORE the race hard to find exact rules (they are off in a newsletter and not on the main site) and until we met you guys at first glance it felt kinda like we weren't welcome. We learned it wasn't true and came out to the race but how many say its not worth it and go elsewhere. Doug I understand what your saying but if you don't listen to the new members and just dismiss their concerns you will loose allot of possible new recruits and I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. FE is fairly new we understand its going to take time to get everything running smooth it will take longer if nobody says hey what about this or that that.

Kissing feet? You make me laugh. :roflol:

Obviously you and Danny are missing the point, the established D12 IC racers are trying to make a place for FE to play, nothing says this has to occur at all so again be thankful for what is happening. And nobody said anything about not listening to the new members and just dismiss their concerns but demanding how this or that has to be right out of the box, well that approach just ain't gonna happen. If you don't like that and think it's two steps back then so be it but I'll say it again- just chill and work with those who are trying to give FE a place to play in D12. Being pushy as a couple of you already are being will do more harm than good. It's really quite simple, work within the established guidelines (which we can and will tweak as we go) and in the end everyone can hopefully have a place to play together. We can make this happen I will do everything I can to see that it does but baby steps man, we gotta start slow and work together towards the BIG picture.

hazegry
09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I never demanded a damn thing right out of the box don we had issues with rules in the beginning as they aren't clear since they are not all listed in the same spot(this isnt the only thing I noticed just an example). I am pretty sure I said we aren't looking for things to be one way or another just when we ask about something to get an explanation as to why and if you cant give us one then lets look at it and see what we can do. I don't care about the points or trophy's I just want to race with the guys and have fun. I know Danny feels the same way and their was allot of confusion in the beginning as to what is and isn't allowed we worked thru it and managed to make the race. We aren't trying to be pushy we just want to do what we can to take FE forward.
Chili I understand what your saying about the novice class and as far as the rules and bringing things up and what not I was happy with how the race was handled there were some things I had issues with but thought it was a good starting point. Now lets see how we can make it better next year you can be sure I will speak my mind. I am glad we can race in D12 I think it can be better and want to help make it better but don't expect me to blindly follow without voicing my opinion. Don baby steps are fine as long as we are moving forward as a group. I will work with you all day long on the FE Don I know you have done allot already we just want our input considered that's all. FE is going to take over nitro its coming its already done it in the rc car world and when it does you can be sure I will be looking out for them as well.

Chilli
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Jason, I know you came in late in the game, but I want to let you know that the FE rules that were written were posted several times on this board and on International Waters in draft form and the final version. Even before they were written, I asked for input from FE and Nitro racers every step of the way. When the rules were accepted for one year trial. I started a new thread. The Rules were posted on Post #9.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=13021

On post #78 I spent hours typing a guide for racers attending thier first D12 race so they would know what to expect and be prepared. So we did the best we could trying to get the word out and making sure the new FE racers were as prepared as they could be. We cannot control whats on the IMPBA board. Maybe we can get the rules posted on the D12 board. Other than that, there is nothing more we can do.

The gas boats in novice is issure for all the boats that run in the class. My club mate Andy came down from Northern VA with his Miss Vega RTR and got run over by a gas cat in novice class. The situation will be brought up next winter meeting.

As far as the IC racers in the district. There were many people at this race that I have never seen before. The ones that come to the majority of the district race are just like the FE guys. They will do anything to help get your boat running the best it can. It's just going to take a little time for you to get to know them and for them to get to know you. When it happens. You will have fifty new friends.

Now that everyone knows how everyone feels. Lets move one and work with what we have this year.

Doug Smock
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow, I have supported you guys and D12 from the beginning of this. I helped Mike draw up the current rules set you guys are running under. Is it the best? I think it is under the circumstances. IT'S A START! That's what you guys needed.
Paul and I just drove 1100 miles and spent hundreds of dollars to support you guys.
Show me where I have dismissed anyone.
I have spent quite a bit of time giving advice on setups, classes, ect. to save you guys time, money and to increase your numbers.
I don't have all the answers, never claimed to, but what we are doing in D-13 is working. We are running five FE classes in our district series, I must know something!!
I feel confident that you guys will work this out.
I will no longer take part in the distructive verbal gymnastics.:Peace_Sign:
Best of luck to you fellas and D-12.
Later,
Doug :beerchug:

hazegry
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Doug I didnt say you had if it read that way I apologize. My thing is I want to make sure other new people coming into it don't get frustrated and leave. I am speaking from the view point of someone just starting out in the IMPBA D-12 I am not saying my take on the situation is right. I just want to try to make things clearer for the next guy. The whole thing can feel overwhelming for the new guys even more so on the fe side. Doug after the race I thought we were in a good starting point and I appreciated you coming out even though I didnt get to talk to you. I know its been allot of work so far I spend hundreds of dollars just to get ready hoping I could run at that race and it was my first race so dont hold my comments against D-12 they are my own.

Doug Smock
09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I understand Jason and thank you.
There are going to be some growing pains. Communication and sacrifice are key on both (all three) sides. This past weekend was a good one for all involved, and I think we all learned something. Things will work out if everyone works together for the common good, and keep a positive spin on things.
Giterdone!!
Doug

PS The gas/nitro thing is simple. It's a blast!!!!:buttrock:

hazegry
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
exactly I got kinda upset this got drug up again because I thought we moved past it. I am having mixed feelings right now about racing as I dont care about points I just want to run if you win great. I am just not into the points thing maybe that will change later. I think once the rules are updated it will be a big help I think I was at a huge disadvantage coming in at the last minute and it gave me a tainted view on things.

Doug Smock
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Time for a group hug!!:hug1:
Keep your heads up fellas!!!
Work on those set ups, Paul and I are coming back for the Shootout next year!!
Maybe we can drag along some more people.

Doug :beerchug:

egneg
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM

don ferrette
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Don't expect to see too much change as far as the P-spec goes as it is working well, a P-spec is currently leading D12 B/P-spec hydro points. My good friend Kentley Porter is in a league by himself when it comes to .21 nitro stuff and absolutely is not a fair gauge of how P-Spec stacks up to the .21s. Most likely the next step will be to add FE 1/8th scale in with the nitro scales but this is still not ready to come off the drawing board yet. I will be building an FE scale this fall/winter and do some major testing between it and my nitro scale to make sure everything is on the up and up as far as fair competition between them. For now based on what I've seen B/P-spec seems to be the hot place to run for good mixed racing not to mention the FE numbers are not there yet to even consider standing on their own. Don't feel slighted by that as that's the way it's always been with new classes be it gas or nitro. We went through that with sport .21 hydro 2 seasons back, a couple guys were clamoring for that to be a class saying this guy, that guy and another couple guys were all building them. The answer was let's see the numbers first, run them in B hydro and we'll go from there. Well the turn out the following season was spotty at best so guess what? It didn't happen. Like the saying "show me the money" this is quite similar- show me the boats consistently race after race and things can happen. My recommendation to you guys for now is to spend lots of "stick time" running on an actual race course and fine tune you driving skills, there's no such thing as too much practice no matter how long you've been at it. :thumbup1:

hazegry
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Don thats the plan for Danny and myself lots of stick time and we are both sorting out 1/8 scale hydros but they may take a while we are shooting for 2012 race season. we are also going to build a p-spec and p hydro to get some stick time in and to practice. once you get the rules up why dont we try to put together something for new guys gas and fe alike things like what to expect and hidden costs new guys might not be thinking about. I will put together what I can and we can have people add to it as I am new and I am sure there is others who will hit on something missed. you may have this already if its out there I missed it and if it is there maybe we can add to it or revise it and try to make it more widely available.

dirtysouth31
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM
are u fukin serious?? your new and you come across as a ass like you have been racing boats for years and talking about 1/8 scale hydros and in couple posts back you couldnt even afford the entry fees??are u on drugs son?? theres guys ITT that have forgotten more then u know..hell,i havent raced in years and will still out race the keyboard racers ITT...

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Show us Newb keyb racers and bring it to the next race. I'd love to see that.

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 07:41 PM
...but we all know you won't. :sad:

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Chuck,
I like that pic, but I would be just as happy
"Running with my own pack and barking whenever the heck I want to"
:lol:

hazegry
09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
whats the matter I quit replying to your pm's so you do it in public whatever man you said it you don't race anymore so why does it even concern you. I might be new to the IMPBA but I am not new to boats or clubs. I believe I said long term build like 2012 and just because I felt like another 18 bucks was a bit much to ask out of the house fund what does it matter to you oh that's right it doesn't. I might have come across as an ass in one or two post but from what I have read you have been doing it for a while.

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Jason,
A word to the wise...
Dirty just loves to ruffle the feathers of those that annoy him. If you show him that he's getting to you, He wins. He's reading all of this and laughing his tail off right now.

Just don't give him the satisfaction.

hazegry
09-03-2010, 08:15 PM
hes not just pulling the trolls chain this tread isnt the place for it though sorry about that.

HOTWATER
09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow!...What in the heck is going on here?!!!

Chilli
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Any of you Tidewater guys racing this weekend in Chesapeake at the club race???

hazegry
09-10-2010, 11:31 PM
na got to work but I have a plan together for next year gonna start on it as soon as I am back from vacation

Chilli
10-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Anyone race in Chesapeake yesterday??

I'm thinking seriously about coming down for the last race/cookout on the 30th.

cybercrxt
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Let me get this straight...All this bickering happened AFTER the ODMBA invitational race? A race that should have shown all the FE racers that things will come in due time...... Guys, come on, Dist 12 has done way more than it had to this year. I made it to way less races than I thought I would, and if there is not something to fit my class then guess what, ITS MY OWN FAULT. I am still scratching my head that I am reading the posts I am reading right now. Don and Doug, Just let it be known I am in no part agreement with the above battles and I hope you guys know that! Mike Luszcz

Doug Smock
10-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi Mike,
I'm pretty sure all of that is history. :smile:
I think everyone is on the same page now and have plans to "keep pushing the ball up the hill" next year.:laugh::thumbup1:

Doug:beerchug:

cybercrxt
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Good good, I do hope that is the case. Hope all is well down there Doug, talk soon, Mike

egneg
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Anyone race in Chesapeake yesterday??

I'm thinking seriously about coming down for the last race/cookout on the 30th.

I was there and placed 3rd in 20 rigger with my XS2. It would be great to see you on the 30th.

Chuck

Doug Smock
10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Congrats Chuck!!

russ722
10-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I was there and placed 3rd in 20 rigger with my XS2. It would be great to see you on the 30th.

Chuck

did you happen to have a yellow/green brushless rigger?

hazegry
10-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Russ Egneg does have a yellow and green brushless rigger. Mike Yes its been worked out for a while

russ722
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
it was running good , cool boat btw

Diegoboy
10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I hope to bring the Z27 on the 30th
Maybe the stiletto if i can get some practice running a tunnel

russ722
10-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey Diegoboy ,
where do you guys normally run the FE boats ? ive been to the chesapeake lake alot and havent really seen many guys with FE boats.

Diegoboy
10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
We run in our test pond that Egneg found. It's not the biggest, but it's great for trials and tuning. It's on the corner of Shipps corner and london bridge road.

Chilli
10-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm still working on coming down this weekend guys. The weather looks good. The only problem is I'm having transmitter problems. Max range on all the boats is about 200 feet. I purchased a new Futaba 3PM 2.4G on fleabay and if it gets here by Friday, I'm money. It shipped today from Idaho. Verify the race is Saturday. What time??? Who's gonna be there??? Chuck what are you running in hydro??

Mike

russ722
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
mike its saturday open water at 10:30 i was told .

Chilli
10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks Russ.

Come on USPS!!!!

russ722
10-25-2010, 11:22 PM
no problem .. what are you running if you make it ?

Chilli
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I'll run my DF Sniper Stock Gas mono, Woodstuff 30 FE tunnel and JAE FE rigger. My son will run his Mean Machine FE in novice for the last time. I'm moving him up to the big leagues next year.

russ722
10-25-2010, 11:28 PM
those snipers are sweet looking hope you make it , the mono class is cool to watch

Chilli
10-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Will you be running?

russ722
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
na just watching i dont have anything yet , just a sv27. still looking for a hull.

egneg
10-26-2010, 05:36 AM
I will run the XS2 and that's all I have ready at the moment.

Diegoboy
10-26-2010, 06:40 AM
The Z27 is ready (after some tuning) but I have to work that Sat. I hope to at least stop by.

Chilli
10-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Alright guys. Hopefully the post man will have a good week and I'll get a chance to see you guys.:thumbup1:

egneg
10-28-2010, 05:37 AM
This Saturday open water starts around 9:00 and races start at 10:30 One round then eat then the second round. See you there.

Chilli
10-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately my radio did'nt come in today so I'm a scratch for tomorrow. :(

Good luck tomorrow guys.

HOTWATER
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
That sucks bro!

Chilli
10-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Sheeet Happens. At least I identified I had a radio problem before the season was over.

Chilli
10-31-2010, 01:54 PM
So how did it go??? Did you get the best of Tim yesterday Chuck???

egneg
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
So how did it go??? Did you get the best of Tim yesterday Chuck???

Not quite, I was second behind him in heat 1 and flipped the boat in heat 2. So I will finish 2nd in points for the year.

Chilli
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Well congrats on taking the plunge this year!!! You did a great job with boats that were out of the norm for the hydro class. Tim is a good racer. I'm pretty sure he came in second in the district chase this year.

Diegoboy
10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Congratulations Chuck. Sorry I couldn't even stop by as I had to go to Corolla NC on Saturday.

Chilli
10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Coming to District 12 ponds in 2011..... :spy:

Chilli
11-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Happening this weekend!!!! Check it out if you've got time.

Nov 5-7 ELIZABETH CITY, NC Record Trial OLD DOMINION MODEL BOATING ASSOCIATION

Timed event for 1/16 mile SAW to be held at Fun Junction Park, 983 Simpson Ditch Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.

All IMPBA classes. No pre-registration is required, event starts when equipment is setup and working. CD: Don Ferrette, Assistant CD: Steve Sutton

cybercrxt
11-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Friday they set a couple records. Kentley set another Hydro record at 112mph, and Jerry from Seaducer had a 105mph pass if I believe.

Saturday was windy all day till about a hour before dark.
I was able to set a new N-O/B Tunnel record with my Woodstuff 27" at 44.178mph.
I worked all day trying to get a pass back and forth in 15+mph winds to up the T-O/B tunnel record with my big 40" Woodstuff, but had to settle with one way passes of 70.5mph and 73.289mph. When the wind finally settled I had exhausted my esc and it would cut out middle of the run so I will have to give it another try in April!

I wanna thank Don Ferrette for CD'ing the event and use of his drill, and Jerry at Seaducer for the drill bits and bolts...haha...yeah, blow offs suck!

I also wanna give Mike Crawford a HUGE thanks for his great tunnels. The T-O/B tunnel was super stable at 73mph and my April goal is now 80mph. Thanks Mike C!

They are out there again today, but the wind is suppose to be worse, so I hope it lays out!

Mike Luszcz

Chilli
11-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Congratulations Mike. Nice Job!

One of these years when I have more time on my hands I'll make it out there.

Did Dick run this weekend?

HOTWATER
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Nice job Mike!! Congrats to ya! Thanks for the post. Kentley sure is unstoppable!!

-Kent

Doug Smock
11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Congratulations Mike. Well done sir!!! Hopefully spring will bring some better conditions.
The video of your T-Tunnel is SICK!!! I like it.:laugh:

Chilli,
Congratulations on winning the District Championship in B/P Hydro!!!
Wear that jacket proudly sir, you earned it!

You guys are animals!!:thumbup:
Doug:beerchug:

Chilli
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks Doug. It was a good year. Two firsts, a second and then the Chesapeake Race :Sinking:. Personal accomplishments aside, I'm very excited to see what 2011 brings to D12. Hopefully Doug will make it back up next year and we can show him how we have all stepped up our game. I also read on the gas board that "The Professor" John Finch will be selling all his nitro boats to invest in FE's. Our newly reelected District Director Don Ferette has done the same with his gas boats. There is no doubt we made an impression this year. There's no going back!!!:rockon2:

HOTWATER
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Congrats on the B/P Hydro dist. 12 points win in 2010!!!...You deserve it!!! :banana: All of your time and effort getting things going for the FE guys has paid off!! Remember when we were talking about blazing :flame42: some trails for ourselves in D. 12 with FE boats?!...those trails are now paths!!! Excellent work bro!!! :tiphat:

...and to you Doug.....:hug1: ....we love ya bro!

-Kent :beerchug:

Chilli
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Remember when we were talking about blazing :flame42: some trails for ourselves in D. 12 with FE boats?

-Kent :beerchug:

Trails are not the only thing we blazed this year. Especially at the ODMBA race. :flame42::laugh::flame42:

HOTWATER
11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
You got that right!! LOL!!! Oooooh that smell...............yuck!!! Why do ESC's smell so bad after they get toasted??

russ722
11-14-2010, 06:48 PM
anyone hear anything on the lake in chesapeake , if there gonna let us keep it or not yet?

HOTWATER
11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I hope so bro! Dick Loeb would be the one to talk to about that....I am planning on coming back there next season.......I had a great time there with everyone!

-Kent

russ722
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope so bro! Dick Loeb would be the one to talk to about that....I am planning on coming back there next season.......I had a great time there with everyone!

-Kent

yea theres a bunch of nice guys there , i like hanging out when there racing

Chilli
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
For those of you who do not know, ODMBA has a facebook account. I was checking it out and and found a updated from Tim on the Chesapeake Lake. It's about a week old.

Here is the link. You do not have to have a facebook account to view.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Dominion-Model-Boat-Association-ODMBA/278187492808#!/topic.php?uid=278187492808&topic=14359

Meniscus
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Update from my search: the land owners for 3 different sites have indicated that while they would like to allow us, they are unable to. Reason is, these sites are former sand pits which fall under some Federal regulations regarding mining and use thereof. Sorry for the bad news, but we'll keep looking. This would also be the reason why Oak Grove is an issue. That is very deep water.

I know that there are several sites in Va Beach which would allow FE, but not the IC guys and I'm focused to find alternate sites which would accommodate all. Incidentally, I have spoken with the landowner in Great Bridge who would love to have some boaters come out. He's mainly interested in chasing off and deterring water fowl. However, it's not the best site for lots of vehicles. Here's a link to his lake: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.701062,-76.214712&spn=0.004421,0.013186&t=h&z=17

I'll try to call him again to discuss a larger group using his lake. Note the size and it is all freshwater. I'll let you know what he says.

Does anyone know anything about this site? http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.750924,-76.284717&spn=0.004419,0.013186&t=h&z=17
Already spoke with the landowner here, not interested because he's selling: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=36.720405,-76.061869&spn=0.00442,0.009098&z=17

This one might be too windy: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.74547,-76.200389&spn=0.004419,0.013186&t=h&z=17

Chilli
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Ben, Funny you mention about the land owner who wants to keep the waterfowl out. The Capitol RC pond is located on a water polishing pond for a water treatment plant. The water authority wants us there (gas and FE) because we keep the geese off the pond. They figure a couple of boats running every few weeks is better for the water quality than 1000 pounds of goose turds. In DC, they have to empty out the reflecting pools regularly to shovel out the poop.

Don't know if that site would fly with houses on the other side of the pond? Someone is bound to start complaining. How about Lake Trashmore?

Meniscus
03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I've never run at Trashmore even though many other have. It's almost always rough water in my experience. That being said, there are some scale and sail guys there. We used to have a local guy that ran very, very large FE models there, some of them nearly as tall as Danny! For what it's worth, this is an ideal site, but haven't had any luck reaching the management company that owns the property: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.755572,-76.231497&spn=0.003124,0.006593&t=h&z=18 I tried to secure access to that pond when I lived nearby. One things for sure, it's close proximity to current site and is all zoned industrial. No issues with locals.

hazegry
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Mt trashmore isnt an option they dont allow any rc boats in the lake anymore after that guy died swimming to retrieve one last year

egneg
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
From what I understand ODMBA did find an alternate site in Va Bch last year but would like to keep the Indian River site if they could. It's already been surveyed and has a better setup for the club.

sleep4now
08-15-2011, 12:59 AM
hi guys, new to the area, wondering if I could come out and check things out. running a tunnel brushless setup. Looking for a good location to have some fun around this area.

Meniscus
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
There are several places to run around the area. Where are you located?

Diegoboy
08-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome to OSE. I too have a brushless tunnel. If you're close, lets run!

sleep4now
08-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Welcome to OSE. I too have a brushless tunnel. If you're close, lets run!

I live around the Chesapeake area, great bridge. I've ran in a few parks but got asked to leave due to restraint times being 1-4pm Sunday only. With my work schedule I have to work odd days and would like to find a location to run and race.....I'm currently setting up a Stiletto...should be decent once i get it dialed in. let me know where the hot spots are and race days....can travel a little bit too.

Thanks!

egneg
08-18-2011, 06:16 PM
The Cape Henry RC model boat club meets almost every Sunday 11.00 - 2.00 at Diamond lake. There are a few of us that run at a couple of other places here in Va Bch as well. We don't race but do have fun seeing what our boats can do. ODMBA has not had any races this year and I am not sure about next year as not much information has been forthcoming. Send me a pm and we will get together somewhere on a weekend if possible.

sleep4now
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM
The Cape Henry RC model boat club meets almost every Sunday 11.00 - 2.00 at Diamond lake. There are a few of us that run at a couple of other places here in Va Bch as well. We don't race but do have fun seeing what our boats can do. ODMBA has not had any races this year and I am not sure about next year as not much information has been forthcoming. Send me a pm and we will get together somewhere on a weekend if possible.

Diamond lake....hmmm not sure where its located will have to find it out. Sounds good. Does Cape Henry Have a web page ? Sounds like fun , I will have to meet up and check it out. I'v been reading the post from everyone previous , is there any other locations that anyone knows of? looking to get away from local parks and high populated places...? If anything comes to mind let me know by PM or post it here. thanks , took my tunnel out the other day , running decent but waiting on some new lipos and a new prop to really move it! thanks for everyone with the info.

egneg
08-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Diamond lake....hmmm not sure where its located will have to find it out. Sounds good. Does Cape Henry Have a web page ? Sounds like fun , I will have to meet up and check it out. I'v been reading the post from everyone previous , is there any other locations that anyone knows of? looking to get away from local parks and high populated places...? If anything comes to mind let me know by PM or post it here. thanks , took my tunnel out the other day , running decent but waiting on some new lipos and a new prop to really move it! thanks for everyone with the info.

It's near the North Hampton Blvd/Baker Rd intersection in Virginia Beach. We also run at a small pond near Shipps Corner but it's more for testing because of it's size.

Chuck

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Do you guys have a club website?

BBQSteve
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Glad I found you guys. I am building a couple of experimental boats with EP1 outboards with new Leopard motors. Would like to meet at the lake on a Sunday or any other day someone would like to meet. What are the requirements for the club?

BBQSteve

egneg
11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Do you guys have a club website?

No website just a facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=278187492808&topic=14359#!/pages/Old-Dominion-Model-Boat-Association-ODMBA/278187492808

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
added the facebook link

danallen
06-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Is this club still around?

BBQSteve
06-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Is this club still around?

Considering it's been 3 years since I posted, no response, I would say not.

cybercrxt
06-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Yes, ODMBA is back, with a new site in Smithfield VA, 40 or more members and hosting a District race soon and a Gas Clash event late July. Stronger than ever! Mike

egneg
06-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Here is the link to the new facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Dominion-Model-Boaters/824174334264235