PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish ESC's now instock

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 03:24 PM
The Swordfish Esc's are now instock.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/search.php?pg=1&stext=swordfish&sprice=&stype=&scat=&sman=

As a forum member perk,
if you are in the USA and buy a Swordfish 120 or Swordfish 240HV, we are giving Free Shipping and Handling to forum users that have been active here on or before 3/20/2010. Other items can be combined with the orders and all the shipping is free.

if you are outside the USA and buy a Swordfish 120 or Swordfish 240HV, we will discount $10 from the s&h cost of a Swordfish 120 and discount $15 on a Swordfish 240 .

To take advantage of this you can enter your FORUM USER NAME in the "additional info" area of the order form. Paypal users wont see this "additional info" area. So just send an email to me from the contact page.
The real name associated with your forum account must match the order name. This is to protect real forum users from the people that just read posts and never bother to register or contribute.

Offer ends April 2nd, 2010

mappo
03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey Steve, what kind of warranty is offered with these esc's :smile:

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
1 year manufacturer defect warranty from Hefei.

First month direct OSE exchange, send it back and we exchange it.
After the first month to the 1 year date, you send it to us and we will send it back to Hefei for you.

cybercrxt
03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Im going to place my order for the 240a HV this weekend! I have been waiting for this! Mike

Rumdog
03-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I got me one!!! :cool2:

cybercrxt
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Just ordered mine!

cybercrxt
03-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Well, I am bummed, looked at my credit card statement this morning, and I was billed shipping..Whats up with that? Mike Luszcz

Steven Vaccaro
03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Well, I am bummed, looked at my credit card statement this morning, and I was billed shipping..Whats up with that? Mike Luszcz

Don't be bummed. Life is way to short to worry about it. Take another look. You will find there is a credit of 9.90 to your credit card on the same day the esc was ordered.

When you place the order online the payment system doesn't know you are a forum user, so it charges the full amount. We refund it after.

cybercrxt
03-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Steven. It had not shown up! Cant wait to see how this controller performs, Mike

RIPFENCE
03-29-2010, 07:57 PM
got me a swordfishy..i hope it destroys the hydra series..maybe competition will help

Eodman
03-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Well i received the two that I ordered. These puppies look nice - the foot print on these ESC's is quite small so for those of us that don't have a lot of room(i.e. riggers) these should do nicely!

Just got them yesterday so don't know about performance but i do like the small size!

Rumdog
03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Cant get my hv240 to power up. Cannot link it to the pc because the y harness is incorrect. Aggrivated. Plug everything in, and nothin. Weird.

Steven Vaccaro
03-30-2010, 07:14 PM
The y harness with the esc should be correct for pc hookup. There is a different y harness needed for programcard and program box use. Once I get some time I will power one up to check it out.

Rumdog
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
It seems the polarities are incorrect in the plugs for the harness. It's weird that when it's all hooked up to the rx, rx battery, motor and a 5s lipo, I get nothing. Not even beeps.

RIPFENCE
03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
RYAN I AHVE BEEN TRYING A LONG TIME TO GET MINE UP AND RUNNING TOO..I HAVE TRIED BOTH THE PROGRAM BOX AND THE USB LINK WITHOUT SUCCESS:confused:

RIPFENCE
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Reading the instructions for the box it does say it need between 5 to 8.4 volts..are we powering it with too much?

Rumdog
03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
I didn't get the box. Just the usb link and software. Have you tried to power it yet?

RIPFENCE
03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes with a 6s lipo and a rx pack....the usb link is not communicating and it times out with the esc...i have tried nummerous configs...i have had the switch on and off different harnesses and nothing so far from the fish

Rumdog
03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Same exact thing here. UGH

RIPFENCE
03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I am done with the fish tonight..i do not like seafood so i hope this is not a bad omen..keep us/me posted if you figure it out..anyone else get one of the fish programmed yet? Good luck i will try again tomorrow evening

Jeff Wohlt
03-31-2010, 08:55 AM
I would not worry. Steve will get it resolved. It is a great ESC maker so he will get the support he asks for.

Rumdog
03-31-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not too worried. I just got frustrated yesterday. I had just broke my Emaxx in half before trying to set up the Swordfish. Perhaps i should have waited till today.

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry to hear this. Once I get my house sorted, its first on my list. Right now my workshop is ground zero.

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
The only good thing to come out of a flood like I had, was down time in between emptying vacs and keeping the pumps unplugged from debris. I did a cheesy low budget video on hooking up and programing the Swordfish 240hv. Please excuse the dirty hands, and off the cuff ad libbing of the directions. But its a start.

XEwpk3sH6Ss

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
powerup sequence and wiring video for the Swordfish 240hv.

0iKALWTOhK8

Jeff Wohlt
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Excellent job, Steven!!

Rumdog
03-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this Steven! My problem is that the polarity of the plugs in the Y harness is not the same as the plugs on the esc. I may just try to swap em around. I wonder also I the not getting beeps has to do with my motor. It is the littlescreamers I'm currently trying to run it on.

bustitup
03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
awesome job steve and a lot of help...I received erics (soninlaw) two esc's and have been going over what was included with the esc's...these videos are a real jump start
1 question

what is the the small disc that comes with the package..cant get it to work in my destktop pc dvd drive?

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this Steven! My problem is that the polarity of the plugs in the Y harness is not the same as the plugs on the esc. I may just try to swap em around. I wonder also I the not getting beeps has to do with my motor. It is the littlescreamers I'm currently trying to run it on.

I suggest reversing the plug to get the polarity right and program it first. That way you know the lcv.

bustitup
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
ok I just attemped the instructions on the first video...

ok everything in device manager works fine and I got the y cable working but I have no swordfish software to open...is that what the disk is for?....I havnt tried the disc because its to small to run in my pc drive

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 03:34 PM

ok everything in device manager works fine and I got the y cable working but I have no swordfish software to open...is that what the disk is for?....I havnt tried the disc because its to small to run in my pc drive

The disk is whats needed to make everything work, without loading the software there isnt anything to program. I will work on uploading the software online.

bustitup
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
The disk is whats needed to make everything work, without loading the software there isnt anything to program. I will work on uploading the software online.

awesome thats good news ...I thought I was doing something wrong

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Email me from the ose contacts page and I can get it to you asap.

bustitup
03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
email me from the ose contacts page and i can get it to you asap.

done!!

crabstick
03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Guys look on the bright side. It may not have worked yet, but least they haven't burst into flames on plugin *cough castle*:tongue_smilie:

bustitup
03-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Guys look on the bright side. It may not have worked yet, but least they haven't burst into flames on plugin *cough castle*:tongue_smilie:

man aint it the truth...theres nothing worse than buying one of the worlds leading esc's (castle) and have it blow up in your face on the first try

I have high hopes for these 240hv esc's...they are awesome looking and have water cooling and are a very nice size considering how powerfull they are

my two will get the acid test running each one on 12s2p

Rumdog
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
I still get nothin. Made the polarities in the connectors correct. Followed each step. Aaaaand Connection failure.

RIPFENCE
03-31-2010, 05:33 PM
I shoved my disk into my laptop and it took the program just fine bustit..i did have to update drivers for my com ports but i got through it and was able to program it....as far as power up i followed your video steven but after i release the trigger on my dx2 radio it continues to beep and will not leave the programming mode...any ideas steven?..the fish has not turned my neu 1527 yet but i am close...

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I still get nothin. Made the polarities in the connectors correct. Followed each step. Aaaaand Connection failure.

I had the same problem at first. Each step has to be done exactly.

What is the uart to com port number?
Does the screen update when you plug in the rx wire to the usb?
Is the USB link showing a red light?

Check and make sure the com port is not being used by something else. The usb port powers the esc, so make sure you don't have batteries plugged into the esc. Lastly post a picture of the layout so we can see if there is anything else you maybe overlooking.

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I shoved my disk into my laptop and it took the program just fine bustit..i did have to update drivers for my com ports but i got through it and was able to program it....as far as power up i followed your video steven but after i release the trigger on my dx2 radio it continues to beep and will not leave the programming mode...any ideas steven?..the fish has not turned my neu 1527 yet but i am close...

Thats happened to me a few times. You are probably not letting go quick enough. I'm not sure if this could be the case, but try adjusting the throttle trims. Also once the 4th long beep happens dont touch anything until it stops beeping.

RIPFENCE
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I JUST GOT IT TO TURN...I HAD MY BRAKE PROGRAMMED FOR OFF BUT YET I SET MY RADIO FOR FULL BRAKE AND IT WILL THROTTLE UP...TOO STRANGE..I AM NOT GOING TO TOUCH ANYTHING!:bounce: I CAN FINALLY TRY ANOTHER BOAT YAY:rockon2:

Rumdog
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
comm4. Red light is on. Updates when I plug in the usb adapter, and when I plug the rx wire harness into the usb adapter. Turn on the switch, select comm port 4 and open, then hit connect. no connection still.

Steven Vaccaro
03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
comm4. Red light is on. Updates when I plug in the usb adapter, and when I plug the rx wire harness into the usb adapter. Turn on the switch, select comm port 4 and open, then hit connect. no connection still.

Could be doa, send it back andI will check it out.

Rumdog
03-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Will do Steven, Thanks for all the help man. I feel like I'm being a pain in your arse.

RIPFENCE
03-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Do you have to do this proceedure every time you power up?..it seems that way or else it keeps on beeping into different tones

bustitup
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM
steve
did you get my message about getting the swordfish software?

Steven Vaccaro
04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
steve
did you get my message about getting the swordfish software?

I sent it to you but it was rejected by your server.
I will try to zip the file and send it again. Let me know if you dont get it in an hour.

Ub Hauled
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM
powerup sequence and wiring video for the Swordfish 240hv.

0iKALWTOhK8

Steven, this video tutorial you made was great!
You should have one done to each ESC you carry and to whatever needs a tutorial
under your "tips" section.

Great stuff...

Mieciu
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
actually you do not have to wait until the end of those beeps - just hold throttle until it starts beeping :-)
At the end you'll hear the number of cells detected

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/downloads/hifei/Swordfish240hvManual.pdf

se page 3 for more details

One important info: throttle range sometimes needs to be calibrated after changing ESC's settings.

By the way - the fast startup mode is awesome especially for competition.

Regards

Steven Vaccaro
04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I fixed your link so it points to the actual products instructions.

Steven Vaccaro
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Software and manuals can now be found here.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/downloads/hifei/

bustitup
04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
ok got the software installed and when I have device manager open and see the uart bridge controller it says i'm on com6

and the software only has com1 com2 com3 com4 ...there is no com6 in the software

any fix?

Mieciu
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
try com3 :-)

I had almost the same problem.... so I tested each port.
Procedure is simple: choose other ports and hit "open" button (and wait for green light)
In my case only com3 was ok (even if it's not shown in device manager)
hope it helps

Regards
Mieciu

bustitup
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
try com3 :-)

I had almost the same problem.... so I tested each port.
Procedure is simple: choose other ports and hit "open" button (and wait for green light)
In my case only com3 was ok (even if it's not shown in device manager)
hope it helps

Regards
Mieciu

ok I tried that mie but it wouldnt work for me......BUT I found the fix...just right click on the uart bridge controller in device manager and choose properties then the port settings tab then advanced and it allows you to change the port com settings...I only had com2 the was available and it worked

Steven Vaccaro
04-02-2010, 12:59 PM
ok I tried that mie but it wouldnt work for me......BUT I found the fix...just right click on the uart bridge controller in device manager and choose properties then the port settings tab then advanced and it allows you to change the port com settings...I only had com2 the was available and it worked

Yes you can change the port on your pc, just make sure its not conflicting with something else trying to use the same port.

ericspeed
04-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey steve, bustitups son-in-law here. If running 44+ volts should i set the voltage to 36volts when i program it or leave it on auto? And is there a way to program the esc to run only 90% or can it only be only be done with my controler .

Steven Vaccaro
04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Are you running a 12s lipo pack?

bustitup
04-30-2010, 10:47 AM
yes he is running two turnigy 6s packs on each motor and they are in series to each motor

ericspeed
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
hey steve, its eric bustitups son-in-law. i bought two of the big swordfish. one i cant get to beep or make any noise. need to send it back. do i need an rma #? other one seems to be working fine. will also need to replace the screw in water fittings. i read where they said they were leaking and and broke some trying to tighten them. boy there fragile. let me know what i need to do?:help:

Steven Vaccaro
05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
hey steve, its eric bustitups son-in-law. i bought two of the big swordfish. one i cant get to beep or make any noise. need to send it back. do i need an rma #? other one seems to be working fine. will also need to replace the screw in water fittings. i read where they said they were leaking and and broke some trying to tighten them. boy there fragile. let me know what i need to do?:help:

For returns its best to email me. You can from the contacts page
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/contact.php

ericspeed
05-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I replied to the link you told me to and i have not heard back from you yet. I wanted to give you enough time im sure your busy, but its been almost a week. I need to know where to send this esc. Please let me know. I have recieved my props now and want to run this thing. Please give me a address. Thanks eric

Steven Vaccaro
05-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Eric please check your inbox or spam box. I've replied to both emails. This is the first one. I removed part of our email address, so we dont get spam for posting them online.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 8:22 PM
To: 'ericspeedncustxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: OffShore Electrics Inquiry

Eric, send it to

OffshoreElectrics
6 wildewood drive
Lynnfield, ma 01940

Just include a printout of this email with the return.

Thanks
Steven Vaccaro
Offshore Electrics Inc.
www.OffshoreElectrics.com

ericspeed
05-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Hey steve, eric here, just wondering the statis on the esc? I cant wait to try the new boat. Let me know, thanks eric. I will check back here so you don't have to email me.

Steven Vaccaro
05-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey steve, eric here, just wondering the statis on the esc? I cant wait to try the new boat. Let me know, thanks eric. I will check back here so you don't have to email me.

I should have more stock in about 2-4 weeks.

Krusher
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
-Deleted- The original post makes more sense in another thread...sorry!

Krusher
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
He hasn't announced it here yet (must be very busy!) but the Swordfish 120's are back in stock with a limited-time free USB or standalone programming box. I just bought one myself.

Steven Vaccaro
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes, they are back instock. Thanks for helping me get the word out.

This batch comes with a usb or program card. The programming box is a option.

Krusher
05-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I just realized this morning that I put box by accident and logged in to fix it, but you beat me to it. :)

oscarel
05-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Any word on when the 240hv's will be in?

ericspeed
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
hey steve, just wondering when my 240 is coming back, cant wait to run this thing. reply here, i guess my email doesnt have any protection, thanks eric

Steven Vaccaro
05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
hey steve, just wondering when my 240 is coming back, cant wait to run this thing. reply here, i guess my email doesnt have any protection, thanks eric

I will know tonight.

wizard122
05-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Steve I'm thinking about getting one of these ESC's and was wandering do you need to add any extra caps it will be used in a Vac-U-Pickle with UL-1 power 5000 40c packs Please let me know thanks

Steven Vaccaro
05-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Extra caps are like an insurance policy. Some people do them some don't.

bustitup
05-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by ericspeed

I will know tonight.

Steve can you please expedite this a.s.a.p.....I am the one that got ericspeed to buy a pretty hefty amount of eqiupment from you including two 240hv esc's and we got a bad one out of the box and sent it back to you about two weeks ago

please help here

Nick

Steven Vaccaro
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Steve can you please expedite this a.s.a.p.....I am the one that got ericspeed to buy a pretty hefty amount of eqiupment from you including two 240hv esc's and we got a bad one out of the box and sent it back to you about two weeks ago

please help here

Nick

No problem Nick. I sent Eric both a PM and Email asking the order name that he placed the esc order in. I have no address to return one to? And tracking on his returned esc? I havent heard back?

Steven Vaccaro
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM

please help here

Nick

Nick I have Erics damaged esc and a new esc for him. I just need to know what order number the esc was purchased on. It important for me to keep track of who is getting a new esc and where its shipping.
For some reason he's not getting any of my emails and none of my private messages.

bustitup
06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Steve
This was paid for with PayPal on March 26th and it was paid to you steven vaccaro not ose
Transaction #71f14487ey610183g

if you want you can ship it to
nick renzi
17338 118th ter. n.
jupiter, FL 33478

Nick I have Erics damaged esc and a new esc for him. I just need to know what order number the esc was purchased on. It important for me to keep track of who is getting a new esc and where its shipping.
For some reason he's not getting any of my emails and none of my private messages.

Steven Vaccaro
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Got it, thanks. Will ship it tomorrow.

bustitup
06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Got it, thanks. Will ship it tomorrow.

hoooooyaaaaaaaaaaa...cant wait to see this 41" falcon cat with twin 4035's make its debut

Thanks man

AustriaAT
06-10-2010, 06:11 AM
hoooooyaaaaaaaaaaa...cant wait to see this 41" falcon cat with twin 4035's make its debut

Thanks man

Any news about your test? Do the ESC´s work without Problems?

Thanks.

Albert

bustitup
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Any news about your test? Do the ESC´s work without Problems?

Thanks.

Albert

we did get a bad one on first delivery but they seems to be working fine running 12s...no problems yet and I would not hesitate buying them again

plus they are the best deal on the planet at around $250 here at OSE

crabstick
06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
hmmm i need such an ESC for my next project - Elec 1/8 scale.

Am keeping a very keen on on these Swordfish ESC's

cybercrxt
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
What 1/8th scale you gonna build Crab? Mike

crabstick
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
What 1/8th scale you gonna build Crab? Mike

Early AVL - Frame is built, Just need to skin it - http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=11148&highlight=atlas

JMSCARD
06-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I bought Cat-boi's 54" MHZ "on ice" boat... already has twin 2215's with no esc's so I am thinking these might do the trick..... has anyone used them with big NEU's yet? and also have they become easy to use with the programmer? I need a pair of hv esc's for the boat on the way so I guess I better make my mind up quick...

bill34207
06-24-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm thinking about one of these for use with a Neu 1527/1.5Y in a 45" mono and wondering how they are working for some of you that already have them running in a boat.
Somebody give me a nudge. :popcorn2:

JMSCARD
06-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Help I am looking for a report from someone running a big NEU.... I wanna try these with twin 2215's.... what do ya all think?

bill34207
07-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I can't swear to how it would work with a 2215 but it works well on a 1527/1.5Y.
8s 2p run in a 15+ lb 45" mono
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLY-tzm8vkg

One of my friends is expecting one in today that he's going to use on the big sreamer outrunner,

sailr
07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Bill, let us know how that controller handles the big screamer. I'm holding off on that motor because there are a lot of questions about what esc will really work with it.

bill34207
07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Bill, let us know how that controller handles the big screamer. I'm holding off on that motor because there are a lot of questions about what esc will really work with it.

If he can get it finished in time (and the weather is decent) he may be bringing it to Ackerman this Sunday. He can't run it unless I'm there cause he doesn't have batteries for it yet and will be using some of mine. :thumbup: Going in a 60" MTI Cat
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1273006

Rumdog
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I can't swear to how it would work with a 2215 but it works well on a 1527/1.5Y.
8s 2p run in a 15+ lb 45" mono
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLY-tzm8vkg

One of my friends is expecting one in today that he's going to use on the big sreamer outrunner,

I run it with a 2215 1y. Have ran it in a 39" mono, and 1 run so far in a 42" hydro, both on 9s2p. So far, so good.

bill34207
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM

Finally got to see the big cat run today. 1 9s run, 1 11s run and another 9s run after taking it back to his house and adding flats to the motor and prop shaft. (and it still slips under full power) Here's the 3rd video which was the best of the set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ySCTPudJSI

ESC held up well with caps only about 145 after the 11s attempt. Motor was pretty toasty though at 200. Didn't seem to hurt it though, still ran strong on the 3rd run.

Rumdog
08-01-2010, 12:05 AM
She scoots!!

bill34207
08-01-2010, 06:02 AM
She scoots!!

I think it would scoot better if he can get rid of that "slip" which I'm beginning to thnk was not a slip at all. I have seen/heard rc prop planes make a similar sound when the esc timing or pwm didn't agree with the motor. Normally when a collet slips on the motor shaft or drive cable inside the collet, it doesn't fix itself after stopping either. His made that slip noise several times but would always come back up after releasing the trigger and easing back into it.
My Swordfish ran fine with my 1527 on default settings (all I changed was lvc to match my packs) but wondering if the big outrunner "marine scream" might need some tweaking of the settings for proper communication between the motor & esc.
Any thoughts out there on this?

sailr
08-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I have had several outrunners in airplanes that make that SCREECHing sound. It is some form of miscommunitation between the esc and motor. In my cases it has come from a dead stop to partial throttle. Typically it will do it once and then after backing off slightly on the throttle it is fine after that. I think you have probably hit on what is really going on but no clue how to correct it.

I have held off on the screamer. I have a 44" boat ready for it but still not convinced it is ready for prime time.

jlr3rd1
08-13-2010, 08:11 PM
:confused1::confused1:ok i am still lost?? i have a bj 26 stock motor and 20c 2 cell lipos got the 120 amp and the program card with like 12 switchs??? lol after programing when power on the light on esc is green and then flashs 4 times red, i can move the rudder but the motor wont run???? NEED HELP PLEASE not sure if the switchs are set right?????:confused1:

jlr3rd1
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
ok after hold n the throttle button and serveral beeps the motor runs :) but as soon as you touch the throttle trigger the motor runs and really does not stop when you let off the trigger, so get n closer. now when powered on i get 2 beep and no red light any ideals

bill34207
08-14-2010, 05:00 AM
I haven't tried using the little program card since I have the USB link and set mine up with the computer but try this.
Turn the esc switch to the off position when attaching your batteries. Turn your transmitter on, and pull the trigger to full throttle setting. While holding full throttle, turn the esc switch on. As soon as it beeps release the trigger. That should set your throttle endpoints and it should work.

jcald2000
08-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Do we have to reprogram the 240HV like we did the 120? I hooked mine up to a ul1 motor and all it will do is studder and make a slight wisp of smoke!!
All default settings like my 120 that works so well on a UL1 motor.

jlr3rd1
08-14-2010, 06:16 PM
ok that didnt work??? but at least mine is running:unsure:

MarkF
08-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Sounds like your screammer does the same thing as mine using the Castle controller. Still looking for a controller to work with this motor.

Mark

bill34207
08-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Sounds like your screammer does the same thing as mine using the Castle controller. Still looking for a controller to work with this motor.

Mark

I think maybe you're talking to me? (although I don't have a screamer)
My friend says he got his screamer to function at full throttle on the Swordfish by changing the PWM to 16 khz. I was waiting for a chance to see it run in person before coming back to update so for now this is just heresay.

Bill

sailr
08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Outrunner motors require 15+ Khz PWM.

LiPo Power
05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Every cd rom or dvd rom has this inner cut in the tray design to just drop this 3.5 inch cd and close the tray, been there, done that.... :thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Every cd rom or dvd rom has this inner cut in the tray design to just drop this 3.5 inch cd and close the tray, been there, done that.... :thumbup1:

Unless you have a slot load.

In that case click here
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/downloads/hifei/Swordfish-2011-04-27.zip