PDA

View Full Version : Rio 51,,,,Its Back...................

Doby
03-24-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub41-rio-51z/index.html

Brushless55
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
that's cool and it comes with a Zenoah motor..
but a can muffler? :confused2:

Grimracer
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM
where in the world did that come from...........:tape:

o wait...........:buttrock:

Grim

Rumdog
03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I like your moves, man!

tiqueman
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Mmmmmmm... a Zen! :thumbup: Nice move!

raptor347
03-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I've got a few hours on my test boat. It's an absolute blast.

There are a bunch of features that are just very cool.
Captured square drive cable.
Really effective shaft oiler.
Pulley and starter belt for those who want to use an electric starter.
2.4g radio that works great.

Fun to drive, tons of run time and great handling.

There's room for a pipe if you want to upgrade, but the canister is dead reliable and zero maintinance.

Snowman driving a gasser, scary huh?

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Anyone care to guess what the brand new Zenoah worth if I take it out of the boat and sell it on ebay?

Doby
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Anyone care to guess what the brand new Zenoah worth if I take it out of the boat and sell it on ebay?

Why,,,whats on your mind:confused::biggrin::confused:

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Why,,,whats on your mind:confused::biggrin::confused:

I'm still kicking myself in my butt for selling my Rio51 I was going to convert to a real power source. :mad:

Doby
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Just like mine.......................

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM

Yup, you inspired me. Then I became cheap and sold it. Ever since I've been kicking myself.

tiqueman
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Most companies sell them just over $200.00. No mounts, no pipe. Dont know what the canister is worth, but probably not much to a tru gasser as they wont run it.

LiPo Power
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM

Dobys Rio 51 at 51..... Spectacular boat..... Real power!!!!

Brushless55
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice! :thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Most companies sell them just over $200.00. No mounts, no pipe. Dont know what the canister is worth, but probably not much to a tru gasser as they wont run it.

thanks!

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Dobys Rio 51 at 51..... Spectacular boat..... Real power!!!!

Looks like its running a bit wet. :lol:

Doby
03-25-2010, 05:02 PM
My Rio's a great looking (the scale looks and sheer size of it are always a crowd pleaser) and running boat , ,,,but you have to drive it like a SV on steroids.

In a straight line, be it calm or rough water it takes about anything you throw at it, but it needs a gentle hand when cornering if there's some chop.

Its held up very well under the stresses of 10S and a HUGE brushless motor. (all hardware is stock)

Brushless55
03-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I know you have a video you would like to share with us Doby! :rockon2:

Steven Vaccaro
03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
My Rio's a great looking (the scale looks and sheer size of it are always a crowd pleaser) and running boat , ,,,but you have to drive it like a SV on steroids.

In a straight line, be it calm or rough water it takes about anything you throw at it, but it needs a gentle hand when cornering if there's some chop.

Its held up very well under the stresses of 10S and a HUGE brushless motor. (all hardware is stock)

did you ever fix the drive line breaking problem?

LiPo Power
03-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Here you go BRUSHLESS55!!!
( damn I need to get some kind of paper authorization from DOBY for all this video and pictures :doh: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc0Uw2QI5g

check 25-th second of this video !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you have a video you would like to share with us Doby! :rockon2:

Doby
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
did you ever fix the drive line breaking problem?

I did finally on my 3rd (or 4th) stock cable from AQ. It has held up under a season of racing and bashing with no issues:biggrin:

Thanks God,,it was getting expensive!

Jeff Wohlt
03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Is that a big outrunner in there?

Doby
03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Its a Lehner 3080 12T on 10S.

Motors don't get much bigger than that!

Doby
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Another general comment about the boat;

As mine never had the gas motor in it,,,I can't comment on the issues there were with the old Fugi motor,,but the hull and stock hardware are top notch for the price,,,an yes, even though I did snap a few of the shafts,,its not AQ's fault....I'm putting more power in that boat than it was probably ever intended for.

Looking forward to having it in my fleet as long as I can still carry it to the pond.

Grimracer
03-26-2010, 02:23 PM
It was never designed for 10 HP!.. to think that its hanging in there with 10S stuffed in it.. O YEA:banana:

Grim

bigcam406
04-11-2010, 11:02 AM
any word on when we can see a vid of the new package,you have peaked my curiousity.....:thumbup1:

RadicalRay
05-18-2010, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGINkWOiSA

rchippie
06-04-2010, 12:32 AM
I saw the new Rio 51 gas boat run today. The owner of the LHS got the Rio in today, & brought right to the lake. It started right up & ran great with no adjustments made to anything thing. It was very stable in all directions . But the stock steering servo craped out after 1 1/2 tanks.

bigcam406
06-04-2010, 08:23 AM
how quick did you think it was? i saw a vid where Grim said it would do over 40.the Hypersport 48 will only do approx 35 with the same engine,yet its 9 inches shorter.anyone have any thoughts? just curious as im considering one or the other.thx

Darin Jordan
06-04-2010, 11:02 AM
the Hypersport 48 will only do approx 35 with the same engine,yet its 9 inches shorter.anyone have any thoughts?

Yah... put a real prop on the HS48... ABC 2614/3 is a great place to start... :thumbup1:

That prop worked well for me, even with the boat in stock trim... Works even better with a pipe and a Gizmo Motors GZ-1 Top End kit!! :D

rchippie
06-04-2010, 11:07 AM
how quick did you think it was? i saw a vid where Grim said it would do over 40.the Hypersport 48 will only do approx 35 with the same engine,yet its 9 inches shorter.anyone have any thoughts? just curious as im considering one or the other.thx

Well this one was box stock motor & trim. So i would guess in the low 30's. He was still breaking in the motor . He is also getting a tuned pipe for it. So that should boost it several mph.

Brushless55
07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
What would be a good pipe for this new Rio 51z ?
and how much will that help?
thanks

Darin Jordan
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
What would be a good pipe for this new Rio 51z ?
and how much will that help?
thanks

There are lots of "good" pipes out there. I think you'd have good luck with something with a 2" band. Lots out there to choose from.

I've seen this boat go with a modded Gizmo Motors Zen 260 and it's pretty amazing how well it works.

Brushless55
07-21-2010, 01:58 PM
There are lots of "good" pipes out there. I think you'd have good luck with something with a 2" band. Lots out there to choose from.

I've seen this boat go with a modded Gizmo Motors Zen 260 and it's pretty amazing how well it works.

Thank you Darin
I just picked one up from Tower, it should be here tues or weds of next week :banana:
and I know a new pipe will really help this motor out
do you have a link to the Gizmo mod?
with all the push backs of the FE RTRs I decided to buy one of these

Darin Jordan
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you Darin
I just picked one up from Tower, it should be here tues or weds of next week :banana:
and I know a new pipe will really help this motor out
do you have a link to the Gizmo mod?
with all the push backs of the FE RTRs I decided to buy one of these

I am very impressed with the "solidness" of this hull, and it's also layed out very nicely. There are many features that are obviously done with ease of maintenance in mind (oiler, etc.)...

Order this: http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=572&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

It's a bolt on top-end kit that is VERY easy to install. You can use your stock carb with no worries.

You could throw in some zero-drag seals, but that requires that you pull the flywheel, and aren't really necessary for most running.

You'll be very impressed with this top-end kit and a pipe. Performance is quite amazing for the $$$

Darin Jordan
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe you could talk Brian (Buaas) into snapping some pics of his. He did some tweaks to the motor mounting to enable him to install the pipe down inside the hull without having to cut the hatch.

Brushless55
07-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Maybe you could talk Brian (Buaas) into snapping some pics of his. He did some tweaks to the motor mounting to enable him to install the pipe down inside the hull without having to cut the hatch.

That is what I would like to do with the pipe :thumbup1:

Brushless55
07-21-2010, 11:41 PM
I am very impressed with the "solidness" of this hull, and it's also layed out very nicely. There are many features that are obviously done with ease of maintenance in mind (oiler, etc.)...

Order this: http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=572&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

It's a bolt on top-end kit that is VERY easy to install. You can use your stock carb with no worries.

You could throw in some zero-drag seals, but that requires that you pull the flywheel, and aren't really necessary for most running.

You'll be very impressed with this top-end kit and a pipe. Performance is quite amazing for the $$$

Is this like the kit from Warehouse Hobbies the M5?