PDA

View Full Version : I hate AT&T any different ?

RandyatBBY
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Ya that is right I hate AT&T for my business internet and phone any body know a better deal? they F##@en suck!!!

Diegoboy
03-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Go with Verizon, Get a free Laptop. I did!
Hey If I refer you, we both het a bonus too I think??

RandyatBBY
03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Go with Verizon, Get a free Laptop. I did!
Hey If I refer you, we both het a bonus too I think??
I will check and see what they offer.

AndyKunz
03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Randy,

Verizon rocks. I had them for DSL for years until moving here, then for dial-up (that's not so much fun), and now for 3G.

Andy

Ub Hauled
03-23-2010, 11:44 PM
I am not really pleased with ATT at this point in time...
I really dislike DSL, cable modems worked much better for me...
as far as phone goes, eh, it's alright...
now, cell phones... what a nightmare. I get really poor signal (if any) up where I live
and sometimes it shows I get all bars AND 3G+ and the calls are as clear as mud... what a waste.
TOo bad there isn't much more here, I think I selected the best of the bads when looking from far away (not too far because I loose reception).

bwells
03-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I had cable tv pipeline (Charter Communications) for awhile until AT&T showed up. Got the DSL at half the price and I'm very happy with it. I have never had a problem with my phone service going out for the last 30 years. Cell phones are handy but the quality is terrible with both my Verizon cell and Cingular work cell.

RandyatBBY
03-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I had cable tv pipeline (Charter Communications) for awhile until AT&T showed up. Got the DSL at half the price and I'm very happy with it. I have never had a problem with my phone service going out for the last 30 years. Cell phones are handy but the quality is terrible with both my Verizon cell and Cingular work cell.

It is not the basic service I dislike it is the answering machine and the cost is way high for a small business like me. It took a month to get service at my home. every time I needed to talk to some one at AT&T I had to spend way too much time with the mechanical operator. It cost me a lot to to have there service and they do not respect my time.

bwells
03-24-2010, 01:41 AM
When they say " push this for that", don't do anything and you will be connected to a live person. They still have to deal with rotary dial phones, or push the # or * or 0 a bunch of times and you should be able to bypass the bullstuff. The one month to get service to your home seems a bit excessive. I'm not buying it, there had to be other reasons. Go with a residential line instead of a business line as it is cheaper but a business line for repair has a 4 hour window whereas a residential line has a 24 hour window. Take your pick.

RandyatBBY
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
When they say " push this for that", don't do anything and you will be connected to a live person. They still have to deal with rotary dial phones, or push the # or * or 0 a bunch of times and you should be able to bypass the bullstuff. The one month to get service to your home seems a bit excessive. I'm not buying it, there had to be other reasons. Go with a residential line instead of a business line as it is cheaper but a business line for repair has a 4 hour window whereas a residential line has a 24 hour window. Take your pick.

Good tip , It worked much faster! thanks.

H&MWill
03-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Never have had aproblem with AT&T. Hated verizons customer service and dsl. I think it has alot to do with where you are located. Anyway just my experience. Cell works great and wireless net works great