PDA

View Full Version : motor coupler stuck

hookedup
09-19-2007, 03:47 AM
anyone have the set screw on the motor coupler stripped? i have had this happen twice on brand new SV's.

Steven Vaccaro
09-19-2007, 07:42 AM
That used to happen to me until i stopped using those cheapo hardware store allen sets. What type of allen wrench are you using?

kck741
09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I use Dynomite allen sets never had a problem sence I switch from the normal allen wrench

hookedup
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
That used to happen to me until i stopped using those cheapo hardware store allen sets. What type of allen wrench are you using?
yeah same here, i use a set of trinity's. even with the a good allen wrench, the set screw was so tight that it stripped when trying to remove it. its as if it was "glued" in or something. there was a sort of reddish residue right around the screw in both cases. i just thought it was loctite or something. this happened on 2 brand new boats! :confused1: first i tried to drill it out, that didnt work, so i ended up using a dremel and just cut it in half, but boy what a pain in the butt.:cursing:

knahinu
09-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Next time try using some heat.

whiplash
09-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey jimmy? try hit it with a three pound sledge hammer:bash: .......should work,
let me know how that goes :sneaky2: lol

whiplash
09-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Nah, I know what you mean brah, Its the allen head that rounds not the wrench.
makes me wanna get MY hammer out too. #$@*!
I cant stand when you put a screw back on, and just when you hit tight, the thing slips
Man....you just know it aint commin out next time you service.