PDA

View Full Version : vs-1 getting there

teetriple
03-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Got the hull last fall finally getting around to finishing it up for the first club race in April got the radio box built hardware mounted up now i just need to seal the hull and install the electronics and do some testing. I have one problem in a couple of small spots were i used some epoxy resin it is not drying it's been a couple of days now and the spots are still tacky any ideas guys on how to fix or what to use to remove from the spots . Also any suggestions on props and out drive depth i will be using a ul-1 motor 4s 1p 5000s 40c hopefully be ready to test next week

longballlumber
03-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks good Tony... Your in better shape than I am right now. Try hitting the soft spots with a hair dryer or some place warm.

Later
Mike

Jeepers
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
42x55 detounged is what some people have had success with.

teetriple
04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Well finally got my VS-1 done today painted the cowl & resealed the hull the other day and got the hardware & electronics mounted today hopefully I will make it to the pond Monday for club test & tune day. Think she came out OK for my first build I have two more builds to get done for the race season hope they go a little faster than this one did.

longballlumber
04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Looks good T! I gotta get hump'n on mine... As a matter of fact, I should be down there now!

Later
Mike

teetriple
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks Mike I gotta get going on my Q sport need to get that done before the first race & the 10th scale needs to be finish to but thats really going slow got to stop racing the 1/8 scale car and get going on my boats

bigwaveohs
04-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Well finally got my VS-1 done today painted the cowl & resealed the hull the other day and got the hardware & electronics mounted today hopefully I will make it to the pond Monday for club test & tune day. Think she came out OK for my first build I have two more builds to get done for the race season hope they go a little faster than this one did.

Where did you get the RedBull stickers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExT1F_mGVXI

ExT1F_mGVXI

teetriple
04-12-2010, 12:01 AM
E-bay just type in red bull stickers on a search and you will find them I think it was like 12 dollars for 5 sheets of stickers the guy is out of Taiwan