PDA

View Full Version : anybody from Minnesota ???

speedfreak
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
just looking for a couople for friends that will get together and run our boats even though i don't get mine till tomorrow...:banana:

Grimracer
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
www.tcmbc.org

Grim

lonewolf
11-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I haven't been in touch with the club recently but the club is based on scale and sailing. There are a few few guys but last time I heard no official pond to run at. Boat speed outdid the pond..tho not sure of current status of MN fe. If someone has better info plz drop a update. Thanks guys

minnjoe
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
The Twin Cities Model Boat Club with it's great gas and nitro pond is adding three FE classes for it's next season of racing. In fact I will be at the pond today testing my gas and FE boats. It's a well prepared pond with driver stand, pit area and retrieval boat. Come join us. All that is needed to use the pond is IMPBA and TCMBC membership. Minnesota FE racers have no excuse to run any more.

hobby_man
11-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm from Blaine MN, live on a electric only lake, and I got 4 runs in today

hobby_man
11-18-2011, 08:18 PM
The Twin Cities Model Boat Club with it's great gas and nitro pond is adding three FE classes for it's next season of racing. In fact I will be at the pond today testing my gas and FE boats. It's a well prepared pond with driver stand, pit area and retrieval boat. Come join us. All that is needed to use the pond is IMPBA and TCMBC membership. Minnesota FE racers have no excuse to run any more.

where is the pond? Burnsville?

hobby_man
11-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Ah, its in Egan

too far away for this guy, I know of a club that meets at the Target Pond on Bunker lake Road and Hansen Blvd. Its a retention pond for the parking lot runoff

midnightsabotage
11-19-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm in Shoreview, I just run alone or with a buddy of mine that's got 2 boats.

Always interested in running with new people.
Snowing today though, might be the end of the season for me.

Anyone around the metro area can feel free to hit me up. I only just started this summer!

hobby_man
11-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I'll be out tomorrow and this Friday in the 50 degree weather for sure

midnightsabotage
11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
You're crazy! :)

There's a RC Swap meet tomorrow (sunday) at noon, if you weren't aware. Out in Moundsview, at a bowling/event center called The Mermaid.
It's mostly car and truck stuff, but there's soemtimes a few planes, a heli or 2 and maybe a couple boats. Mixed bag, but mostly surface stuff.

I've gotta make an appearance!
-Jeff

hobby_man
11-19-2011, 11:49 PM
You're crazy! :)

There's a RC Swap meet tomorrow (sunday) at noon, if you weren't aware. Out in Moundsview, at a bowling/event center called The Mermaid.
It's mostly car and truck stuff, but there's soemtimes a few planes, a heli or 2 and maybe a couple boats. Mixed bag, but mostly surface stuff.

I've gotta make an appearance!
-Jeff

na, not crazy just trying to harden off for the winter, If I boat in December, I can say I used it for 8 months:biggrin:

what time is the swap?

hobby_man
11-19-2011, 11:50 PM
R/C Swap Meet nov 20 2011.

The Mermaid 2200 Highway 10 Mounds View MN 55112
12pm-5pm.
contact Ken Olson 763 360 1049.

midnightsabotage
11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
na, not crazy just trying to harden off for the winter, If I boat in December, I can say I used it for 8 months:biggrin:
That's awesome :D

Getting ready to head out soon for the swap meet! Hope there are a couple deals I can't pass up :w00t:
-Jeff

hobby_man
11-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Did you get any deals????

hobby_man
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I spent 1/2 an hour working a aquacraft L40 x 57 prop.

Out of the package they do not work at all go figure, I did read a couple articals before I started the balance and sharpen.

My boat went 40mph with the stock plastic prop. I got 2 runs in 1 at 56mph and 1 at 62 mph. WOW, I did note that it takes a bit of time to get the prop to grap the water, it cavitates I wonder if I can improve on this? more prop work? angle of attack prop/water?

hobby_man
11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I spent 1/2 an hour working a aquacraft L40 x 57 prop.

Out of the package they do not work at all go figure, I did read a couple articals before I started the balance and sharpen.

My boat went 40mph with the stock plastic prop. I got 2 runs in 1 at 56mph and 1 at 62 mph. WOW, I did note that it takes a bit of time to get the prop to grap the water, it cavitates I wonder if I can improve on this? more prop work? angle of attack prop/water?

hobby_man
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM

midnightsabotage
11-25-2011, 09:34 PM
At the swap meet? not much. Just picked up a rock crawler. Needs a little bit of work before I can run it. Should be a fun one though :)

Bill Wachtler
11-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi Guys Bill Wachtler from TCMBC. I know it's winter now but you guys should give organized racing a try. We added FE to our classes at the end of last year and are really looking forward to 2012. Pond is not to far from the Mall of America. Probably about half hour to forty five minute drive from where you are. Any questions post here or call me at 715 308 1613.

hobby_man
11-26-2011, 06:45 AM
do you have a Chapter in the North Metro? I live on a electric only lake in Blaine MN, kind of tough to pull me off the lake here.

Bill Wachtler
11-26-2011, 07:40 AM
No we don't. We also race nitro and that greatly reduces the number of places we can run. Do you race on your lake or just test and play?

hobby_man
11-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Test and Play, 3 of us have a Traxxas Spartan and I have a UL-1 that I got up to 62.3 mph yesterday, STOCK, and a rigger I am setting up electric.

Bill Wachtler
11-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow! you guys really need to think about racing with us next year. The Spartans could run in RTR and the UL-1 could run in RTR or P-Limited Sport Hydro. Their is nothing like getting on the clock and hitting the starting line with 6 to 8 other boats. Then hauling down into the first turn with so much water flying that you may or may not lose sight of your boat for a second or two. I've been doing this for over 15 years and still get excited. If your UL-1 is running in the 60"s you will kick some serious butt. Think about it. All for now. Bill

midnightsabotage
11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Do you have any classes for custom setups?
I'd most like to run my one-off 28" mono, but it's got a t-180 & 2150kv 4074 motor.

I do have my supervee with an 1800 Aquacraft motor though, I'm sure that would fit somewhere.

Bill Wachtler
11-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi. We are running P-Limited Tunnel, P-Limited Sport Hydro, and RTR. The Supervee would fit in the ready to run class. We are using it as a catch all class right now so anyone who shows up with a RTR can run it. It takes 3 boats to make a class. We already have a couple SV's so I am pretty sure a class would make and you would run only with other SV's, if not you would still be able to run but their would be a mixture of hulls. We don't have a class for your one-off mono and probably won't unless we get a lot of interest in an open class. From Shoreview you are only about a half hour from our pond. We would like to see you and your friends race with us next summer. If you have any questions you can check out our web site at TCMBC.ORG or call me at 715 308 1613. Bill

midnightsabotage
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Do you have a mailing list that you could add me to? I'm sure by spring I'll forget all about this. but if I get an e-mail at the beginning of the season, it'd help!
-Jeff

Bill Wachtler
11-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Can do Jeff. send me your e-mail address and phone "if you want to" My e-mail is ccwlw@live.com I will send you a reminder in the Spring along with a race schedule. Bill

midnightsabotage
11-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Cool, thank you. PM sent.
-Jeff

lonewolf
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Hey awesome some other boaters. Kinne a gave up for a while then life lead me in other directions but jm back. Slow return but trying to get back into the groove. Hope to meet some.of you guys. Happy boating. Lonewolf. Hey if ya need. Custom hardware look me up,,

midnightsabotage
02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I've been neglecting the boat side of my RC hobby now too. I gotta get back into it & really hope to finish a build I've had on the shelf for over a year now.

Been wrapped up in planes mostly

TLeyde
05-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Hobby man. You got to be kidding. You only will run on one pond and a 20 minute drive is too far.....

TL

hobby_man
05-10-2013, 08:42 PM
were is the pond u are talking about?

TLeyde
05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Hobby man, the pond is in Eagan. It's located 5 minutes south of the Mall of America just off hwy 77. It's the only organized racing around. It's very low key, we do keep points calculated for the day/season. It's a blast, we would like to see you there. Check out our website at tcmbc.org.

TL

hobby_man
05-11-2013, 09:50 AM
LOL

This is a 90 minute drive (on a weekday) for me.

TLeyde
05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh, then it is a ways. Fun times though!

midnightsabotage
05-15-2013, 12:50 AM
What's the racing/practice schedules look like this year?

I need to dig out my boats one of these weeks and get some use out of them this year. I didn't run anything at all last year, and I don't intend to repeat that again!

TLeyde
05-15-2013, 09:18 AM
This weekend we have a fun day/speed run. Everything is on the website, www.tcmbc.org. In order to race you will have to be a IMPBA member ($60 covers anywhere in Midwest and some other areas ins. for yourself and pond owner). If you want full access to the pond at anytime. You have to be a membe ($20 first yr. $40 each additional yr.). This includes use of pond, docks, drivers stand, course, and retrieve boat.

TL

Quietlee
05-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm on the north end of the cities in Maple Grove and yes, it does take a bit to get down to the pond, but I try not to miss a chance to get down there and race. Eagan is a short trip compared to the trips to Madison and Racine WI and Scottsdale AZ. Have really banged up the boats a couple times, but never had any regrets about going to a race. At least with the Eagan races I get to sleep at a decent hour.:beerchug:
If anything, stop down to the pond to see all the fun yourself.

MNDruggist
03-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Anyone located in Central MN?

Quietlee
03-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Met someone from Royalton a while back but they ended up moving out east for work before we got a chance to do any running. I haven't run much FE the last couple years. Still have a bunch of P-Limited boats, but have transitioned over to gas. The Eagan pond has weeded over very quickly the last couple years and they've run a couple races with another club in Eau Claire. We're looking for a new pond so if you know of any options, let us know.