PDA

View Full Version : Lipo Battery's- Price drop?

nate
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Haven't had much time to read up or check on Lipo price's lately, but did get to run up and see whats new at the LHS today. I noticed Venom is releasing 6s lipo packs at 5000mah for$120.00!!!!

The owner of the store said 120.00 + tax on the 6s and my jaw dropped. Makes me want to build a 6s setup this summer.

If Venom and SMC keep's prices this low, Max Amp's and others better watch out.

Fluid
03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Before you go too gaga - check the discharge capacity ratings. 25C and 30C are so yesterday......

Right now there is a sticker war brewing - it is much easier to print a label claiming 50C than it is to actually make and sell such a cell cheaply. We saw the same thing happen with nickel cells, nothing new here. The consumer can do nothing to verify these rating claims, he can only "trust" the seller.

There will always be a market for true high quality/high integrity battery sellers, although the cheap junk from China erodes everyone's margin. Personally, based on past performance I'd not trust a snake.....

nate
03-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Regardless. 6s at 5000mah 25c rated is Good enough for me, I'm not out to buy the most expensive or break records.:rofl:

"That was so yesterday" haha

Rumdog
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Venom packs = poop. Turnigy's are the best inexpensive packs.

ozzie-crawl
03-13-2010, 07:23 PM

:iagree:
venom packs are not worth 50 cents from what i have seen

Drag Boat Bob
03-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Personally, based on past performance I'd not trust a snake.....

Now that is an Epiphany...

nate
03-13-2010, 08:32 PM

Yeah, well just depends on who own's the pack's I suppose. I bought Venom's first 5400mah 11.1v's that first arrived the lhs and ran them in my VXL's till the tires fell off and never had any problems at all. I'd buy again.

This isn't a debate on what lipo's are best or how 25-30c rated lipos were soooo friday...

I just made a post stating that this has been one of the cheapest 22.2v 5000mah packs I have seen.

You guys know how to make a big deal :tongue_smilie:

andym
03-13-2010, 08:38 PM
These are better and cheaper, and if you sign in cheaper still
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10308&Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_40C_Lipo_Pack

ozzie-crawl
03-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, well just depends on who own's the pack's I suppose. I bought Venom's first 5400mah 11.1v's that first arrived the lhs and ran them in my VXL's till the tires fell off and never had any problems at all. I'd buy again.

This isn't a debate on what lipo's are best or how 25-30c rated lipos were soooo friday...

I just made a post stating that this has been one of the cheapest 22.2v 5000mah packs I have seen.

You guys know how to make a big deal :tongue_smilie:

yes your rite with the price drop on batteries, there is a hobby shop near me sells a venom 4s around 5000mah for $240 :eek:
the venom may well be okay in a car with low loads all we are saying is they dont hold up in a boat setup.
i find it funny how people now say 25-30c are so yesterday,thats still a lot of amp draw capability and some thing you would never have gotten out of nimh.
wasnt that long ago 20c was big news.
for me a 30c 5000mah pack for under $50 is a bargain and more than enough juice for my setups.

tth
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Nate you didn't happen to see an aluminum servo mount anywhere lately huh???

nate
03-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Nate you didn't happen to see an aluminum servo mount anywhere lately huh???

Yeah on another boat of mine, looks nice!

.......:glare:

Duuhhh, No It was never found after I moved. Just PM me your Paypal addy and Ill pay you your 3.00 back like I was wanting to do last time.

nate
03-13-2010, 09:55 PM
yes your rite with the price drop on batteries, there is a hobby shop near me sells a venom 4s around 5000mah for $240 :eek:
the venom may well be okay in a car with low loads all we are saying is they dont hold up in a boat setup.
i find it funny how people now say 25-30c are so yesterday,thats still a lot of amp draw capability and some thing you would never have gotten out of nimh.
wasnt that long ago 20c was big news.
for me a 30c 5000mah pack for under $50 is a bargain and more than enough juice for my setups.

Anyway's. I have never really tested 15-45c rated lipo's on the same boat, but at 20c are you really going to gain a longer running, faster boat at 30? Just curious.

tth
03-13-2010, 10:09 PM
That's fine. Ill be sending your parts out Thursday of this week. Thanks

Originally posted 9/1/2009

tth
03-13-2010, 10:11 PM
tth,

Hey man, I'm very sorry about the servo mount, there is alot of explaining to do here that may be able to put things in to contrast a bit. To start with, I have had no computer to use at all, I'm sure you already know that yes I did get online, two or three times months back, that's because I used my Play Station 3 for the internet, and whether you were told or not, I got 2-3 PM's about this situation from you and Steven. Problem is, on PS3, you may be able to read the messages, but it won't let you reply back, I was able to get on the computer at school for a few minutes and wrote Steven back on this problem, I gave my email, and my phone number personally to fix the problem and was never called or wrote an email to this day. I finally bought a new PC a couple days back, hints the reason I'm finally able to write you back. Anyways, I will refund what I owe you, and I will go ahead and send the servo mount for free shipped. Im sorry all this has happened, but if this seems bad, I have a friend on this forum that still to this day owes me $195.00 for a Hyperion charger and a few other things, so I really have not had a chance to deal with my issues much less everyone else's. To square this out, I'm just sorry for your wait and like I said, If you want send me you paypal and Ill refund you and send for free, your choice.

Originally posted 12/14/09

And the amount was $10.00 not $3.00 like your dreaming???I nave never heard from you since........you still owe me a servo mount

ozzie-crawl
03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Anyway's. I have never really tested 15-45c rated lipo's on the same boat, but at 20c are you really going to gain a longer running, faster boat at 30? Just curious.

no not longer run times,awhile back most had to run 2p setups due to amp draw
but now with higher c rated batteries its not needed as much because the cells can delivr the amps needed with out destroying them selves.
i have found noticeable differences between the 20c and 30c packs,i think the reason for this maybe under load the higher c rated packs dont drop there voltage any were near as much as the lower c rated cells.
you can actually see the difference between the packs when running the boats
they accelerate faster and have a higher top speed.
this is with zippy and turnigy packs

Drag Boat Bob
03-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted 12/14/09

And the amount was $10.00 not $3.00 like your dreaming???I nave never heard from you since........you still owe me a servo mount

Oooooh, this is not cool. Toilet bowl stains are not allowed here...

nate
03-13-2010, 11:43 PM
haha it's cool... Pm me and Ill pay ya 10.00 then lol either way..I believe the mount I sold for 3.00 and the total of it and something else I sold you which you received was 10.00 right?

nate
03-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Like I said, The little mount would be at your door step if I had it. Just Pm me your paypal dannggg

Rumdog
03-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Yeah on another boat of mine, looks nice!

.......:glare:

Duuhhh, No It was never found after I moved. Just PM me your Paypal addy and Ill pay you your 3.00 back like I was wanting to do last time.

Why the smarta$$ remarks? Just pay what you owe. Don't get a bad attitude, you owe him money, it's not his fault you haven't had a computer. Did you expect him to say nothing?

nate
03-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Since this is your business Rum, and you seem to be so involved in this little deal, I wouldn't have mentioned any type of smarta$$ remark if I just got a simple PM saying," Hey, please refund my money here's my Paypal address"...

Simple, send me address, I refund money.

Rumdog
03-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Simple, You sell an item, ship it. Look out for your fellow ose members and they look out for you. This is a public forum and these posts are for all members to see. th PM is unnecessary. $3.00 or $300.00 doesn't matter. The little deal involves YOU failing in your end. If that is how YOU operate then it is up to the rest of us to let each other know.

nate
03-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Go ahead, seems like the fighting's worth more than the refund correct?

Diegoboy
03-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Welcome back Nate. Thank you for bringing closure to this lingering issue.
:focus:
I've never experienced Venom lipos, but I have had Venom NiMhs, and will never buy that brand of batteries again. That's not to say they haven't improved quality in their Lipos.

Rumdog
03-14-2010, 03:12 AM
LOL, I'm the bad guy. Sorry to get off topic. I will stick to my guns and say that Venom are poop and ACTUAL C rating does matter, A lot, especially in high amp setups,