PDA

View Full Version : New Props

jaywalker36
03-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I just purchased the Octura X642 & X645 and neither prop fits the stock drive dog on the 1/12 miss elam, the notch in the props are just alittle narrow. Is it ok to use a file to open up the notch just alittle to make the props fit or should I just purchase a new drive dogs? If yes, which one should I buy?

Thanks RWalker

Darin Jordan
03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I just purchased the Octura X642 & X645 and neither prop fits the stock drive dog on the 1/12 miss elam, the notch in the props are just alittle narrow. Is it ok to use a file to open up the notch just alittle to make the props fit or should I just purchase a new drive dogs? If yes, which one should I buy?

Thanks RWalker

Almost ALL new props are that way... you simply need to file them out some... That's pretty standard.

However, I think the Elam may have a metric stub-shaft as well, so you may need to make an adapter to size it up. I think the prop shaft size is 3mm (.118"), and the hole in the prop is 3/16" (.1875")... You should be able to make something from some 3/16" OD tubing... Might have to build something up.

I can't remember exactly, because I replaced my stock flexshaft system immediately with a standard Octura style setup...

waskwie wabbit
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
do u know the pn for the flex shaft u used, thanks.