PDA

View Full Version : Rear tail fins

Colby
03-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I've run my new UL-1 a couple times now and noticed one of the tail fins was very loose. With a slight tug it came up/off. I noticed there was like a cellifane strip stuck to the body in the indenttion and semi sticky foam tape on the bottom of the tail fin. I peeled up the cellifane but it appears there is not enough stickum left on the bottom of the tail fin to hold it in place very well. Do people end up velcroing the fins, glueing them down or what. As always, all feedback is greatly appreciated. :unsure:

Drag Boat Bob
03-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I've run my new UL-1 a couple times now and noticed one of the tail fins was very loose. With a slight tug it came up/off. I noticed there was like a cellifane strip stuck to the body in the indenttion and semi sticky foam tape on the bottom of the tail fin. I peeled up the cellifane but it appears there is not enough stickum left on the bottom of the tail fin to hold it in place very well. Do people end up velcroing the fins, glueing them down or what. As always, all feedback is greatly appreciated. :unsure:

I replaced the two-sided tape with some I found at the store. Just to be safe I taped down each side of each fin with hatch tape. Not the best looking, but they don't come off.

ishamblen
03-13-2010, 05:38 PM
i used double sided servo tape on mine

Colby
03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback ... I'll do the hatch tape until I can get some good double sided real sticky tape.

Capt. Crash
03-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Walmart sells some 2 sided tape in the craft/sewing section that is about 1/4" wide. I use two or three pieces on top each other. I've never had the fins come off....even after repeated blow overs. I don"t have to use hatch tape.

Colby
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Walmart sells some 2 sided tape in the craft/sewing section that is about 1/4" wide. I use two or three pieces on top each other. I've never had the fins come off....even after repeated blow overs. I don"t have to use hatch tape.

I'm off to Wolly-World anyway today, I'll pick some up. Thanks :thumbup:

Woody1
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I have used velco since I started to use my Ul1 and it has held up very well